Home
NBA Live 14 News Post



EA showed off a very limited NBA Live 14 trailer during their E3 press conference featuring Kyrie Irving of the Cleveland Cavaliers. The content within the NBA Live segment tends to indicate that EA is still focusing on the dribbling system it began to implement in NBA Elite, the since-cancelled NBA Title from EA. The technology is called bounceTek, but the jury is still out on how impressive it truly will be. It's likely we won't see much from NBA Live until we get much closer to release, as EA is likely wanting to keep much of the game under wraps to prevent any further PR fiascoes like the past several years.

If you can't view the video above, check it out on YouTube.

CONTROL THE COURT THIS FALL IN NBA LIVE 14

EA SPORTS unveiled today the first look at NBA LIVE 14 at the company’s E3 press conference, ushering in the future of basketball for the next generation. Exclusively for Xbox One® all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, NBA LIVE 14 will launch this fall.

Powered by the EA SPORTS IGNITE engine, NBA LIVE 14 will deliver the ultimate on-the-court control. Utilizing its new BounceTek technology, NBA LIVE 14 will introduce a revolutionary new, physics-based dribbling system. Whether it’s Ricky Rubio’s crossover or Kyrie Irving’s devastating between the legs dribble, one-on-one matchups take on a whole new meaning by putting the creativity and control at the core of every move.

By utilizing the same data used by all 30 NBA teams, more than 70 unique statistics and tendencies will fuel every single player on the court. From the way they move, to the way they play, to the decisions they make, NBA LIVE player will evolve throughout the season with updates from every NBA game within one hour of a game’s final buzzer. Gamers will now have a new experience every time they pick-up the controller.

Stay tuned throughout the summer for more information as NBA LIVE 14 makes its return to the court.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 PVarck31 @ 06/10/13 03:58 PM
I thought it looked pretty good. (I'll be the only one I'm sure.) I don't really like 2K so I'm really hoping they make at least a good game.
 
# 2 noshun @ 06/10/13 04:00 PM
While its not too bad, I was expecting a lot better player renderwise... outside of goofies..
 
# 3 Jay Jay @ 06/10/13 04:01 PM
Nba Live 14 looked real good.
 
# 4 JODYE @ 06/10/13 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I thought it looked pretty good. (I'll be the only one I'm sure.) I don't really like 2K so I'm really hoping they make at least a good game.
I'm with you as well.

People are going to trash it because it's EA and they have a history and I totally understand and get that, and I certainly feel their frustration being a Live guy myself since I can remember.

Obviously, we'll have to take a wait and see approach to determine what was real in-game, and what was CGI, but you can't disagree that it didn't look 1000000 times better than what they showed at the Xbox One reveal, and to me it looked pretty damn good. Player models looked great, movement looked natural and the arena crowed looked lifelike. ****, at least it's better than nothing, which is what we've gotten for the last 2 years.
 
# 5 TheLetterZ @ 06/10/13 04:07 PM
It looks okay, but graphics aren't the main question mark with this game. Watching closely.
 
# 6 TheBleedingRed21 @ 06/10/13 04:08 PM
Not much there to really assess sadly.
 
# 7 23 @ 06/10/13 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
I'm with you as well.

People are going to trash it because it's EA and they have a history and I totally understand and get that, and I certainly feel their frustration being a Live guy myself since I can remember.

Obviously, we'll have to take a wait and see approach to determine what was real in-game, and what was CGI, but you can't disagree that it didn't look 1000000 times better than what they showed at the Xbox One reveal, and to me it looked pretty damn good. Player models looked great, movement looked natural and the arena crowed looked lifelike. ****, at least it's better than nothing, which is what we've gotten for the last 2 years.
People arent going to trash the game no matter what. With all that this company has done over the years they deserve all of the backlash they recieved.

That said, they dont need to stoop to tricks or more E3 tech demo marketing or even CGI. They just need to put out a good game and stop with all of the beating around the bush, period. Its hard to respect what has happened over the years, lets not start blaming the people like its their fault.
 
# 8 ProfessaPackMan @ 06/10/13 04:11 PM
If I was judging this game based on Graphics, I'd probably be impressed.

But since Graphics was not the issue I had with this game, I couldn't care less about how good it looks and damn sure about some dribbling nonsense.
 
# 9 Detroitfan4life1993 @ 06/10/13 04:12 PM
I just want to see some gameplay, if you can have great gameplay and modes/features the graphics wont matter as much.
 
# 10 Conda @ 06/10/13 04:15 PM
A better looking CGI trailer. Still not gameplay.
 
# 11 kurt2134 @ 06/10/13 04:15 PM
If you actually watched the conference when they showed Kyrie's character model dribbling in place, it looked pretty damn good. Graphically and with the animations.
 
# 12 ccoaxum @ 06/10/13 04:15 PM
yea the graphics is out of the question..interested a lil of much better the can make the dribbles..if you telling me pg's are going to have sig crossovers or just kyrie irvings moves is going to be interesting...would like to see actual gameplay and more features for the game.
 
# 13 JODYE @ 06/10/13 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
People arent going to trash the game no matter what. With all that this company has done over the years they deserve all of the backlash they recieved.

That said, they dont need to stoop to tricks or more E3 tech demo marketing or even CGI. They just need to put out a good game and stop with all of the beating around the bush, period. Its hard to respect what has happened over the years, lets not start blaming the people like its their fault.
Never said they didn't.

And yes, people WILL bash it because it is EA. Thing was shown and 15 seconds later, people coming in posting how ****ty it looked. Come on man. This anti-EA thing is nothing new.
 
# 14 Da_Czar @ 06/10/13 04:17 PM
I'm excited to see the ramifications of the bounce tek. Yes its fancy marketing mumbo jumbo but the concept of releasing the ball could create freedom... or havok. Looking forward to seeing how this feels.

If you make moves too fast... will you loose the ball. Etc. They can bring great tech to the genre and it looks like they will. But the question for me is can that translate into a good and fun basketball game ?

Also don't front synergy downloads an HOUR after the game... WHAT ? That is crazy and easily puts the ** insider to shame.

Graphics didn't look that hot to me. More clayish than I like but the models were much better than the trailer we saw IMHO
 
# 15 LBzrule @ 06/10/13 04:21 PM
Not a lot to go on. Sorta just left up in the air, which I don't mind living in ambiguity until they are more confident in releasing something else. I liked the dribble demonstration but that's nothing significant to look at. It'll be an interesting few months.
 
# 16 noshun @ 06/10/13 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
Never said they didn't.

And yes, people WILL bash it because it is EA. Thing was shown and 15 seconds later, people coming in posting how ****ty it looked. Come on man. This anti-EA thing is nothing new.
who said it looked sh**ty? Im a animation/game design major, so thast what Im looking at.. renders made the players look goofy.. is it better than the cgi/post elite 11, sure it is... only you are assuming anti ea blah blah.. let it go man.. youre better than that.
 
# 17 bigeastbumrush @ 06/10/13 04:32 PM
Someone tell me...since EA didn't...how is bouncetek any different from Freestyle?

There is no magic button/trigger to dribble beyond the movement of the sticks.

So they can miss me with that bouncetek.

They spent more time on buzzwords than in the design studio.
 
# 18 TheLetterZ @ 06/10/13 04:33 PM
We don't know what the heck bouncetek is yet. Just that it's awesome.
 
# 19 23 @ 06/10/13 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I'm excited to see the ramifications of the bounce tek. Yes its fancy marketing mumbo jumbo but the concept of releasing the ball could create freedom... or havok. Looking forward to seeing how this feels.

If you make moves too fast... will you loose the ball. Etc. They can bring great tech to the genre and it looks like they will. But the question for me is can that translate into a good and fun basketball game ?

Also don't front synergy downloads an HOUR after the game... WHAT ? That is crazy and easily puts the ** insider to shame.

Graphics didn't look that hot to me. More clayish than I like but the models were much better than the trailer we saw IMHO
Hey Czar, didnt we already have some stuff before where guys were losing the ball.. That stuff was in Live 10 right? It was overdone but it was there.

I mean at some point they're going to have to move on from trying to sell every game off of dribbling moves and get to basketball as a whole. All of these years man, im waiting to see what they have but the focal point of basketball is not the same behind the back through the legs dribbling move that we've seen in past generations. I could make a similar video with Live 09 and it would look not as crisp as that CGI but the dribble animation is basically the same.
 
# 20 Vni @ 06/10/13 04:42 PM
I like the trailer. You never see a p'n'r, a big hedging, and a pointguard abusing a missmatch in a trailer.

Who knows what live 14 will be like. It's better for everyone if Live can bring a decent product on the table.
 

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.