Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post



Quote:
Recruiting is the lifeblood of any college football program, and the process has long been a part of the NCAA Football franchise. This year, recruiting takes a big leap forward with the new Power Recruiting system, a streamlined process that maintains the depth that fans have come to expect. It’s the fastest, easiest, most rewarding way ever to sign those coveted players.

Source - Power Recruiting Deep Dive (EA Sports)

NCAA Football 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 52 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 JoedicyMichael @ 05/31/13 06:48 PM
I read this last night. Its a very good article and gives a slightly in-depth look at what coach skills are in the game. Have some nice additions in there.
 
# 2 GruffyMcGuiness @ 05/31/13 06:50 PM
I really like the team news part that updates you about recruits.
 
# 3 The JareBear @ 05/31/13 06:58 PM
This all looks pretty good to me, just behind honest.

They have let me down many times but I am having a hard time not being geeked for this one. Really hope they succeed in reviving dynasty mode.
 
# 4 Cowboy008 @ 05/31/13 07:04 PM
I have a couple of questions 1. It says that you shouldn't wait to long to offer a scholarship to a recruit because you may miss out so does that mean the computer will actually offer scholarships to 4 and 5* recruits? 2. They said that the recruit is only allowed 5 visits a season has that always been like that?
 
# 5 The JareBear @ 05/31/13 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Honestly, this doesn't excite but it's not something I think is a bad thing. Just feel like they just replaced phone call hours with points and simplified things.

The one thing about recruiting that always bothered me was once a recruit committed during the season that was it, you couldn't recruit him because there were no decommits. It appears that's still the case even though in real life players aren't signed until signing day. If a coach gets fired, a lot of times you'll see recruits open their recruiting back up but if a coach gets fired in this game, that recruit is still stuck going there.
Very true. I guess for me this is just one of the many things I have written off as not even being possible this gen. I admit that I have let my standards drop far below normal in order to be somewhat happy with the game every year.

It seems like there are just so many "little details" that never made it in this gen. Not yet, at least.
 
# 6 Strategizer @ 05/31/13 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Honestly, this doesn't excite but it's not something I think is a bad thing. Just feel like they just replaced phone call hours with points and simplified things.

The one thing about recruiting that always bothered me was once a recruit committed during the season that was it, you couldn't recruit him because there were no decommits. It appears that's still the case even though in real life players aren't signed until signing day. If a coach gets fired, a lot of times you'll see recruits open their recruiting back up but if a coach gets fired in this game, that recruit is still stuck going there.

Also seems like they're placing too much importance/ giving too much of a bonus for offering a scholarship early but having the recruit visit late.
Seems about right to me. Being early to offer and late to get a visit are important.
 
# 7 shylo3716 @ 05/31/13 07:20 PM
Can anyone please tell me why EA keeps spoon-feeding us screenshots? Last year they gave us videos of the recruiting.
 
# 8 Cowboy008 @ 05/31/13 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716
Can anyone please tell me why EA keeps spoon-feeding us screenshots? Last year they gave us videos of the recruiting.
E3 is almost here and we will probably get a lot of gameplay videos.
 
# 9 DorianDonP @ 05/31/13 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategizer
Seems about right to me. Being early to offer and late to get a visit are important.
The last visit thing is usually important for post-season visits in January, not visits during the season to games. If you can get a recruit on campus the week before signing day (or have a late in-home visit), that's usually a good sign.

But during the regular season? Isn't too much of a difference between a visit in October and a visit in November. What matters more is who they play.

Example. Miami hosts Florida September 7th. Should that visit carry significantly less point totals than Miami hosting Virginia November 23rd? No. But it seems as if that will be the case.
 
# 10 DorianDonP @ 05/31/13 07:33 PM
Quote:
QBs, HBs and FBs – More than 1 per position, per week, triggers competitive visit

WRs, TEs and Safeties – More than 2 per position, per week, triggers competitive visit
All other positions – No limit, no competitive visits
Why can't defensive players or OL see each other as rivals?
 
# 11 jello1717 @ 05/31/13 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
They said that the recruit is only allowed 5 visits a season has that always been like that?
Yes.

I'm pretty sure it's an NCAA rule and it's been like that in the game for as long as I can remember.
 
# 12 shylo3716 @ 05/31/13 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
E3 is almost here and we will probably get a lot of gameplay videos.
How soon do you think we may get it?
 
# 13 jeremym480 @ 05/31/13 07:46 PM
I have to admit that I was a little wary of Power Recruiting when it was first revealed. However, after reading this I'm really starting to warm up to it. It actually sounds deeper and like there will be much more strategy involved. I suppose that it isn't that much different than the phone call method, however anything is better than the overly repetitive select and click phone calls that really didn't require much strategy and has grown tired over the past few years.

Just like with the coaching skills this looks good on paper, but I'm still very cautious. My main concern being difficulty. If it's too easy to pull top 25-30 classes year in and year out with lower level non AQ teams, then all of this is flash with no substance.
 
# 14 grabursock55 @ 05/31/13 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
Why can't defensive players or OL see each other as rivals?
I would assume it is because there are five linemen on offense at a time, so you could schedule 5 guys who are all linemen and theoretically, they could all start at the same time. Same goes with linebackers, Dline, and Cornerbacks, because there are multiples of those players on the field at a time. However, Imagine you are a QB, and you are on a recruiting visit to your favorite school, and wouldnt you know it, there is another QB there. That MIGHT (I dont know you lol) make you frustrated because you think the coaches want someone tehre to take your spot when you slip up, or may just start over you outright. I can see where they are coming from, I think it will be implemented well.
 
# 15 DorianDonP @ 05/31/13 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabursock55
I would assume it is because there are five linemen on offense at a time, so you could schedule 5 guys who are all linemen and theoretically, they could all start at the same time. Same goes with linebackers, Dline, and Cornerbacks, because there are multiples of those players on the field at a time. However, Imagine you are a QB, and you are on a recruiting visit to your favorite school, and wouldnt you know it, there is another QB there. That MIGHT (I dont know you lol) make you frustrated because you think the coaches want someone tehre to take your spot when you slip up, or may just start over you outright. I can see where they are coming from, I think it will be implemented well.
Only two guards start. Only two tackles start. Only one center starts. There is a clear distinction between them.

Only two defensive ends start. Only two defensive tackles start. I mean this is elementary football stuff.

Bring in 3 safeties and it's a competitive visit, but bring in five centers and it's no big deal?

It doesn't make sense.

I see your point about bringing in five OL, and moving them around so they could theoretically all start, but the same can be said for safeties, which move all around the secondary like a OL can move all around the line.

One of the reasons Dante Fowler signed with UF was because FSU already had several DE's committed.
 
# 16 DorianDonP @ 05/31/13 08:03 PM
I think something like this would have worked.

QB-more than 1, competitive visit
RB-more than 2, competitive visit
FB-more than 1, competitive visit
WR-more than 2, competitive visit
TE-more than 1, competitive visit
OT-more than 2, competitive visit
OG-more than 2, competitive visit
C-more than 1, competitive visit

DE-more than 2, competitive visit
DT-more than 2, competitive visit
OLB-more than 2, competitive visit
ILB-more than 2, competitive visit
CB-more than 2, competitive visit
S-more than 2, competitive visit

K-more than 1, competitive visit
P-more than 1, competitive visit

Even better. How cool would it be if player TYPES influenced the competitive visit? For example, you could bring in a power back and a speed back in on the same visit without penalty, but bringing in two power backs would result in a competitive visit?

Maybe they can do something like that next year though.
 
# 17 DorianDonP @ 05/31/13 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
not to mention teams run 5 WR sets so just because a team signs a WR shouldn't necessarily deter another WR.

I know why they have a set number but there shouldn't be a set number because team needs should play a factor. If a team is mostly seniors at WR, it shouldn't deter 3 WRs that there are 3 of them together visiting, they might like the idea of them becoming the next big trio. Same with RBs. If 1 running back is visiting, it shouldn't deter another RB because most teams use multiple RBs. It's almost as if they based it on a traditional set you used to see 15 years ago where teams were primarily 1 RB, 2 WRs but these days teams use multiple RBs.

The fact that Cierre Wood committed to Notre Dame didn't deter Theo Riddick from committing there. Both played and both played RB. I just feel like they set some pre determined factors that don't necessarily reflect everyone.
I agree with this too if they are going for the deeper end of recruiting. I was actually going to write I wish team needs was the biggest factor in competitive visit/points. A combination of the two (depth chart and players being brought in with the class) would be ideal.
 
# 18 Bamanutt @ 05/31/13 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
not to mention teams run 5 WR sets so just because a team signs a WR shouldn't necessarily deter another WR.

I know why they have a set number but there shouldn't be a set number because team needs should play a factor. If a team is mostly seniors at WR, it shouldn't deter 3 WRs that there are 3 of them together visiting, they might like the idea of them becoming the next big trio. Same with RBs. If 1 running back is visiting, it shouldn't deter another RB because most teams use multiple RBs. It's almost as if they based it on a traditional set you used to see 15 years ago where teams were primarily 1 RB, 2 WRs but these days teams use multiple RBs.

The fact that Cierre Wood committed to Notre Dame didn't deter Theo Riddick from committing there. Both played and both played RB. I just feel like they set some pre determined factors that don't necessarily reflect everyone.
Agree here, this should be team specific,

Mark Ingram
Trent Richardson
Eddie Lacey
Jalston Fowler
Kenyon Drake
Dee Hart
TJ Yeldon
Derrick Henry

Gees were so stacked at RB!

I sure hope coaching skills make above rosters impossible for me when I start my coaching career, but eventually make it possible to get that good!
The above list is also why 85 man rosters are vital to dynasty going forward, as well as injuries, academic casulties, transfers & the like. I hope the dev's continue developing dynasty in this way going forward.

Like what we got so far- just hope it works correctly.
 
# 19 Exile04 @ 05/31/13 08:22 PM
like other post they give us something good and it gets nit picked. I like it, yes it could be more in-depth tho. The thing is its jsut if you bring them in on the same week tho. i look at what my huskies did last year when they sign 7 on the same day and for the most part it was one player at a position maybe 2 DL. in real life a guy thats a 5 star wouldnt be worried about visiting with a 2-3 star at the same position, but if 2 5star RB's came i could see the problem.
 
# 20 BenGerman @ 05/31/13 09:12 PM
Quote:
For example, if your team is in need of a wide receiver, the “Playing Time” factor will display as an “A” grade. If a wideout prospect has a “Deal Breaker” for Playing Time you can add him to your board and recruit as normal. However, if you start targeting and offering scholarships to other receivers, the Playing Time grade may drop and you’ll be locked out of further recruiting that original player.
Thought that was really interesting. The whole system seems really well done, if it works as advertised.
 

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.