Home
NBA Live 14 News Post


When the Xbox One launches this fall, it will be launching with two likely NBA titles with EA Sports showing off NBA Live today during the Microsoft Xbox Reveal -- ending all speculation about when we were going to see EA's NBA game. We posted several screenshots earlier from the Ignite Engine Trailer, which you can find here.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Gatorfan Frank @ 05/21/13 06:04 PM
Not gonna lie, those pics look pretty bad for a supposed nex-gen title. I hope EA makes a great basketball game to give 2K some competition, but it doesn't look promising so far.
 
# 2 MarvinOida @ 05/21/13 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS

When the Xbox One launches this fall, it will be launching with two likely NBA titles with EA Sports showing off NBA Live today during the Microsoft Xbox Reveal -- ending all speculation about when we were going to see EA's NBA game. We posted several screenshots earlier, which you can find here.
I'm worried. The face scan looks worse than what Gameface can do, Kyrie is a bit light but that could be the lighting, and he looks very skinny. Though they got rid of he paint on jerseys I guess.
 
# 3 fsufan4423 @ 05/21/13 06:21 PM
A picture is worth a thousand words! But I'll use one.....BAD. I'm already worried. I was ready to be blown away even from a picture. That pic looks like Live 06 on the 360.
 
# 4 DubTrey1 @ 05/21/13 06:23 PM
Player models look very poor considering the time in the oven on this title. This game is close to as being a lost cause as I could ever imagine. Once 2K makes the next move to next gen, it may be all she wrote for Live. They will be so far out of it, it won't make any sense to pursue this title any further. Maybe they can hand this one over to the Fifa guys? Or heck, maybe the Dice team could do better at this point.
 
# 5 kingsofthevalley @ 05/21/13 06:23 PM
You all crazy as hell, pics look good.
 
# 6 Bawstun @ 05/21/13 06:24 PM
Likely that Kyrie will grace the cover of NBA Live 14.
 
# 7 ILikeTheBraves @ 05/21/13 06:29 PM
This screenshot is beautiful! 2k graphics are always worse than EA's. CLEARLY there is a light shining on one side of his face CLEARLY he is making a facial expression while directing his offense and CLEARLY the jersey isnt painted on do you not see under his pit where the jersey comes off of his body. You guys are just too scared to play anything other than 2k.
 
# 8 ratedmoney @ 05/21/13 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeTheBraves
This screenshot is beautiful! 2k graphics are always worse than EA's. CLEARLY there is a light shining on one side of his face CLEARLY he is making a facial expression while directing his offense and CLEARLY the jersey isnt painted on do you not see under his pit where the jersey comes off of his body. You guys are just too scared to play anything other than 2k.
You picked out a few of the good things but left out the biggest issue, EVERYBODY IS SKINNY.
 
# 9 ctdaprince @ 05/21/13 06:34 PM
Player models are atrocious they remind me of gumby smh. If this is what EA has in store they might just want to start over already.
 
# 10 thedream2k13 @ 05/21/13 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeTheBraves
This screenshot is beautiful! 2k graphics are always worse than EA's. CLEARLY there is a light shining on one side of his face CLEARLY he is making a facial expression while directing his offense and CLEARLY the jersey isnt painted on do you not see under his pit where the jersey comes off of his body. You guys are just too scared to play anything other than 2k.
player models are horrible anyone can see that . Kevin love is skinner then a twig!
 
# 11 JerzeyReign @ 05/21/13 06:34 PM
If physics are neatly implemented and I can get a sim game out of it - I'll give NBA Live a shot - hopefully they're handing out struggle plates to their virtual players though haha.
 
# 12 ncaafootball14markus @ 05/21/13 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeTheBraves
This screenshot is beautiful! 2k graphics are always worse than EA's. CLEARLY there is a light shining on one side of his face CLEARLY he is making a facial expression while directing his offense and CLEARLY the jersey isnt painted on do you not see under his pit where the jersey comes off of his body. You guys are just too scared to play anything other than 2k.
LMFAO!
 
# 13 hurricanefootball4 @ 05/21/13 06:40 PM
Looks bad, players look too smooth and skinny and the lighting is washed out. Especially terrible considering the faces that the Call of Duty team showed off today which looked INCREDIBLE.
 
# 14 oldman @ 05/21/13 06:42 PM
Player models look awful. Seriously, generic shoes? How long were they off to come back with generic shoes? And look at Rubio's face. It looks distorted, and am I the only one that noticed that he is wearing a red knee brace? What is with that?
 
# 15 oldman @ 05/21/13 06:42 PM
One more thing to add, look at all of the fans behind Kyrie. They are all sitting down with their hands in the laps! Every single one of them!
 
# 16 ratedmoney @ 05/21/13 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdaprince
Player models are atrocious they remind me of gumby smh. If this is what EA has in store they might just want to start over already.
This doesnt reflect gameplay which is whats most important. Is this a good first impression no, but lets see what they offer from a gameplay standpoint.
 
# 17 jayman504 @ 05/21/13 06:47 PM
Yeah those player models are FUGLY...but if it plays proper then I'm a try it out. Cause my other options looks beautiful but plays like CRAP!
 
# 18 Conda @ 05/21/13 06:49 PM
This is pre-rendered and it still looks bad. Now I'm afraid to see the actual game. I'm not trying to bash the company; just being honest. What are they mo-capping? Something is up.
 
# 19 TreyIM2 @ 05/21/13 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
This doesnt reflect gameplay which is whats most important. Is this a good first impression no, but lets see what they offer from a gameplay standpoint.
You do have a point. I only watched the trailer once so far and just looked at these stills. Unless they are going for a more stylized look, or they have added full textures or whatever, at this point of the year - Near end of May - , this looks shaky and watching the vid already had me cringing...but there is time PLUS we don't know how quickly they can whip things into shape with these next gen systems.


But back to the point of gameplay you made - Yes, that could make a huge difference. I will say this over and over - As ugly as the Elite 11 demo was, I LOVED the controls and direction of the gameplay. I hope they realized what they had and built on it for next gen. It was innovative, intuitive and different.
 
# 20 nick_sr @ 05/21/13 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
One more thing to add, look at all of the fans behind Kyrie. They are all sitting down with their hands in the laps! Every single one of them!
lol, do people stand the entire time at a basketball game?
 


Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.