09:17 AM - April 4, 2013 by Steve_OS
Spring has sprung, the baseball season has jumped out of the gate with some thrilling action, and we're proud to announce that you can once again play your favorite sport any time, anywhere with iOOTP Baseball 2013. The latest edition of our iOS baseball simulation is now available at the App Store for just $4.99, which includes the iPad HD version for free! It also runs great on an iPhone or iPod touch.
iOOTP Baseball 2013 offers these exciting new features and other improvements:
- Real 2013 rosters! Every player on every major league team is available, along with the top 20 minor league prospects for each team. Major league player ratings are based on PECOTA by Baseball Prospectus, the best player projection system today.
- Unlock exciting achievements
- Import custom ballpark images through iTunes
- Redesigned interface
- Improved play-by-play commentary and news stories
- Brand new trading AI
- Recoded and much more realistic player creation
- New player development system
- Improved roster and contract negotiation AI
- Historical career play with real rookie imports each season (requires successive years via in-app purchase - historical seasons are $0.99 each, 10 for $4.99, or all seasons dating back to 1901 for $19.99)
- Universal build: the iPad HD version is included for free
- Plenty of small tweaks and improvements
- Three game modes: Major leagues, which lets you guide your favorite major league team through the 2013 season and beyond; Fictional, which serves up a fresh world full of fictional players, providing a unique challenge each time; and Historical, which offers three exciting past seasons to recreate: 1901, 1902, and 2009. You can purchase more historical seasons through in-app purchases. (Historical seasons are $0.99 each, or 10 for $4.99, or all seasons dating back to 1901 for $19.99.)
- The ability to set lineups, pitching rotations, and depth charts as well as make in-game calls, including when to issue hit-and-run and steal signs, how to configure the defense, when to pull pitchers and put in pinch-hitters, and more. You can also let the computer handle those decisions and set a series of sliders that dictate overall strategies, such as aggressiveness on the base paths, how often to pitch around batters, and more. Simulate your season a day or a week at a time, jumping back in to manage games whenever you want.
- Minor league prospects who you promote to the big leagues and nurture through the early days of their careers. iOOTP also features the annual minor league draft, ensuring you a steady stream of new players as you simulate multiple seasons of baseball history. Watch players get drafted, begin their careers, and eventually earn a coveted spot in the Hall of Fame.
- A play-by-play text stream that describes what's happening on the field during the game, making it feel like a radio broadcast.
- An in-depth financial system that allows you to unleash your inner GM. Are you a "Moneyball" disciple, looking for undervalued players who help the team win while keeping payroll low, or are you the Steinbrenner type, a free-wheeling spender seeking high-profile free agents? You oversee trades, negotiate contract extensions, sign free agents, move players between the active roster, minor league roster and disabled list, and more.