11:09 AM - April 3, 2013 by Steve_OS
This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.
NCAA FOOTBALL 14 KICKS OFF FIRST GAME DETAILS
Play True to Your Team with Physics-Based Gameplay, Enhanced Dynasty and the Introduction of Ultimate Team
Today Electronic Arts Inc., revealed the first details of the upcoming NCAA football game, set to launch on Tuesday, July 9. EA SPORTS™ NCAA® Football 14, will unlock the unpredictability and innovation of college football with the introduction of real-time physics tuned with the collegiate game in mind plus new Dynasty experiences and the inclusion of Ultimate Team.
“This year marks the greatest leap forward in a generation for the NCAA Football franchise,” said Randy Chase, Marketing Director for EA SPORTS. “The inclusion of the Infinity Engine and several new gameplay features make this year’s game feel incredibly fresh and authentic, and the introduction of Ultimate Team will give fans the chance to take the field with some of the most well-known players of all time.”
Today EA SPORTS released the first producer video for NCAA Football 14.
New to NCAA Football 14 is the introduction of Infinity Engine 2, which unlocks the unpredictability and innovation of college football with the introduction of real-time physics and the new force impact system. The new engine creates a fresh experience, and opens up opportunities for user-controlled stumble recoveries and hard cuts. Furthermore, the force impact system enhances the power of truck moves and the Hit Stick, and creates more realistic and dynamic reactions when a runner attempts to stiff-arm a defender.
A renewed focus on the college-style option game allows you to play true to your team with over 30 new option types, all optimized for a true college football experience. Utilize the Spread Option, Zone Read and more to stymie defenses and put big points on the board. NCAA Football 14 highlights key defenders before the snap so fans can read their movements to know when to handoff, pitch or keep the ball. Play Action Option plays have also been evolved to make it easier than ever to fake the run, set up the throw and burn overly-aggressive defenders.
Additional information on NCAA Football 14 Playbooks will be released on the following dates:
Presentation (to be released 4/18) – NCAA Football 14 gets you closer to the action than ever before and tells the story of every game. Feel the drama of college football from a whole-new perspective.
NCAA Football Ultimate Team (to be released 5/15) – The much-beloved mode comes to the college game, allowing you to build up an unstoppable team.
Dynasty (to be released 5/28) – There’s no single path to success in college football, so build up your program into a powerhouse to fit your strengths and style of play by utilizing the brand-new Coach Skills.
Play a Season (to be released 6/17) – Focus purely on the on-field action and take your favorite team to a bowl game.
Experience a whole new game in NCAA Football 14 with the introduction of real-time physics and the Force Impact system. Gameplay has also been tuned with the college game in mind, with special attention paid to collegiate staples like the Spread Option offense.
- Physics - The new and improved Infinity Engine 2 comes to NCAA Football, bringing with it renewed authenticity and enhanced realism.
- Stumble Recovery - Fight gravity as you scramble for extra yards. Utilize the right control stick to try and regain your feet or lunge forward for that extra yard.
- Force Impact Trucking and Hitting - Feel the power of physics as runners bowl over defenders or tacklers make a big hit on the ball carrier, all driven by the new Force Impact system. Also, utilize improved stiff-arms that take size and strength into consideration.
- Running Game Improvements - The introduction of physics offers a suite of improvements to the running game, including hard run cutting for direction changes, improved run blocking and a new acceleration burst that lets you get around the corner or through the hole and into the open field.
- Option Offense - Play true to your team with over 20 new option types, all optimized for a true college football experience. Utilize the Spread Option, Zone Read and more to stymie defenses and put big points on the board. Highlight key defenders before the snap and read their movement after to know when to pitch the ball and when to keep it.