Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post


EA Sports and West Virginia University had a meeting last July to discuss how they can create a realistic recruiting process in NCAA Football 14. EA Sports Producer Ben Haumiller stated it has gotten a little stale and wants to give it a fresh look and feel.

Quote:
"There are definitely features that we've added and things that have happened that are based on the conversation we had with them," producer/designer Christian McLeod said. "There are a couple key points that eventually we'll be able to talk about that are the direct result of the conversation we had."

Expect recruiting to be more realistic. That was the only goal Hammond and Dorchester had. They found it odd a player never de-committed. They noticed variables like academics, coaching changes and the success of a season weren't factored into the process. They didn't think junior college recruits were represented in ways that explain their value.

Source - WVU football: EA Sports reflects Mountaineers recruiting (Daily Mail)

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 43 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 The_Wise_One @ 03/10/13 11:38 PM
Here comes my annual NCAA hopes risings
 
# 2 TryHard_Nation @ 03/10/13 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wise_One
Hear comes my annual NCAA hopes risings
Yep the hype trainsg starting to roll. I was expecting info tomorrow but with the cover vote fiasco I think the 14th or 15th.
 
# 3 ryan @ 03/11/13 12:33 AM
the message boards have been saying that for years...why EA acts like West Virginia is the first to tell?
 
# 4 TryHard_Nation @ 03/11/13 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Pasta padre is reporting that the cover winner will be announced on Tuesday.
That's when EA said they expected to have a winner on twitter.
 
# 5 Gotmadskillzson @ 03/11/13 10:53 AM
Another year of them trying to improve dynasty. Pretty much what they did this entire generation, work on dynasty.
 
# 6 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 03/11/13 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan
the message boards have been saying that for years...why EA acts like West Virginia is the first to tell?
i know and why do they act like as if they could have put these things in the game before
 
# 7 MAGboyswifT27 @ 03/11/13 11:11 AM
Basically whatever Ben "Hamburglar" says will be false.. Sick of him and EA promising things and not following through!
 
# 8 jmik58 @ 03/11/13 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan
the message boards have been saying that for years...why EA acts like West Virginia is the first to tell?
It sounds more impressive when you borrow ideas from WVU than from Bob_Tucker_XxX_89 on a message board
 
# 9 bad_philanthropy @ 03/11/13 11:29 AM
As long as nothing ends up broken. I thought recruiting overall was as solid as it's ever been last year in terms of ratings, gems/busts, and overall distribution of talent. The mechanic is definitely stale, but they better not ruin the solid core they built last year in an attempt to make things better.
 
# 10 LastExit @ 03/11/13 11:41 AM
WV isn't a hot spot for recruiting so WVU probably gave them some good input. As was said in the article, WVU is not like Texas where the school can just hunt around in-state....the Mountaineers have to get most of their recruits from other states and have to shore up weak spots with juco recruits as well.
 
# 11 BraveHeart @ 03/11/13 12:07 PM
My main worry is that even with a correct direction to go in, the staff will find a way to make it not "realistic", and probably add some unnecessary feature/gimmick that pretty much ruins it. Just look at Coaching Carousel. Good idea but they don't know how to properly implement it. What makes things worse, they think they did a good job with Coaching Carousel. I say that because nothing changed from when it was initially added. I don't remember them saying they would improve on it, or patches to fix it, so I assume they think Coaching Carousel is just fine, and not a flawed method of hiring/firing coaches based on a ridiculous goal feature/gimmick.


I wish EA would just look at CH2k8 and say "Uhh, yeah everything here...copy it". Sadly even then, I still think I'd have my doubts.
 
# 12 Big FN Deal @ 03/11/13 12:14 PM
EA Sports had never consulted with a college about recruiting.
"Everything we've done for the game previously was what made sense to us and what we felt was the right way to do recruiting with the limited abilities within the game to emulate recruiting and have it be fun," said EA Sports producer Ben Haumiller.



I SMH and LOL at the same time on this, oh Tiburon. Anyway better late than never to start consulting real college recruiters about recruiting in a sim game. I hope this all means realism, not the devs idea of "fun", is the new goal for G4 consoles because I am pretty sure EA football games on current consoles are FUBAR at this point.
 
# 13 NoSupport615 @ 03/11/13 01:06 PM
I'll believe this when I see it. EA it's all about showing and not talking. We as football gamers have heard enough talk, just start producing. Also, why do you have to get intake on recruiting from a certain university? All you have to do is be aware of how recruiting has changed dramatically to know what to put in a game. I've always felt that they never did recruiting in the game any justice. Anyways I could careless what EA says theses days.
 
# 14 khaliib @ 03/11/13 01:26 PM
Sounds like some variation of Connected Careers to me. I've never made it to the Recruiting because most of my time has been spent editing to improve the overall so called "Fun" of the game.

I guess for Recruiting to matter the "Type of Players" need to matter during actual gameplay. Outside of Speed, why would a gamer waste time going through this aspect/injection of the game. All the feedback in the world does not change the fact that "Every" player plays the same outside of the Speed factor.

With this, I would pose the question to anyone on the developement team...
What's the point of Recruiting when the end-game has always been the fastest player at any given position?
 
# 15 ratedmoney @ 03/11/13 01:41 PM
This is a good thing. But did they ask WVU what proper foot planting looks like ?
 
# 16 slingblade73 @ 03/11/13 01:48 PM
Way to go to the epicenter of college football recruiting.

SEC anyone?

 
# 17 illwill10 @ 03/11/13 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
EA Sports had never consulted with a college about recruiting.
"Everything we've done for the game previously was what made sense to us and what we felt was the right way to do recruiting with the limited abilities within the game to emulate recruiting and have it be fun," said EA Sports producer Ben Haumiller.



I SMH and LOL at the same time on this, oh Tiburon. Anyway better late than never to start consulting real college recruiters about recruiting in a sim game. I hope this all means realism, not the devs idea of "fun", is the new goal for G4 consoles because I am pretty sure EA football games on current consoles are FUBAR at this point.
When I first read that line, I was like "really?". They have connections with College teams, but never used it for recruiting. Recruiting is one of the most important aspects in College FBall, if not most important. It basically said that they was using their own version of recruiting.

I am still on a wait and see approach, but I am optimistic. Im expecting to see a overhaul in dynasty..
 
# 18 jello1717 @ 03/11/13 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
the fact that "Every" player plays the same outside of the Speed factor.

With this, I would pose the question to anyone on the developement team...
What's the point of Recruiting when the end-game has always been the fastest player at any given position?
I'm unable to find the words to accurately describe how much I disagree with these statements.
 
# 19 Clemsonpanther @ 03/11/13 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I'm unable to find the words to accurately describe how much I disagree with these statements.
I second the above. madden is a different story but NCAA players are well done, except for in 12 1 position "athletes" and WRs having A carrying but D catching.
 
# 20 TryHard_Nation @ 03/11/13 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingblade73
Way to go to the epicenter of college football recruiting.

SEC anyone?

I don't think the NCAA would allow paying their players in the game.
 

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.