Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post


Check out the latest MLB 13 The Show video, featuring the Baltimore Orioles vs. Cleveland Indians.

Thanks N51_rob!!

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 35 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Lovesports @ 03/02/13 08:00 AM
Great video. I like those o uniforms. Anyway we could see some cyber face pics of traded players? Just curious if they look acurate
 
# 2 StormsWarning @ 03/02/13 09:06 AM
thx Steve looks good man
 
# 3 andrewochs615 @ 03/02/13 09:42 AM
The computer needs to learn to never run on Wieters
 
# 4 tribefan98 @ 03/02/13 10:04 AM
Thanks for the post! Loving the Indians mid '70s uni's. I guess the Progressive Field model is not going to get its overdue facelift until the next gen system release.
 
# 5 TheBleedingRed21 @ 03/02/13 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke_21
Commentary: Im not sure a 3-man booth is necessary when Lyons and Karros have very few lines. Vasgersian is a bore.

Other: Catcher animations have not changed, looks robotic when catching balls and strikes.
Doesn't seem to be anything new presentation-wise.
Daytime lighting looks good, as usual, but night lighting seems a little dull.

Just not seeing much that separates this game from last years.
I really think the VITA version is holding the PS3 version back. Obviously the PS3 is more powerful than the VITA, but in order to sell VITAs developers are trying to make both versions look identical.

I might get this game, but right now I am just not that pumped. Glad the PS4 is around the corner.
I seriously hope you're joking. Presentation has changed. Easy to spot..

And your vita claim is down right wrong. Play both and you see they are nowhere identical lol.
 
# 6 markpmitch @ 03/02/13 10:13 AM
really wish we'd get those "Major League" era uni's for the Tribe one of these years
 
# 7 Nexgenrulz @ 03/02/13 10:14 AM
Finally a video of the Tribe!! Tuesday can't come fast enough.
 
# 8 jcar0725 @ 03/02/13 10:26 AM
Cool video, go Tribe!
 
# 9 tnixen @ 03/02/13 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlanni1
bore... Can't wait for PS4
I hate to say this but I agree with you. I would not say the game is boring by any means but seeing so many videos and screenshots for a game that pretty much looks no different then 12 is kind of boring as you say. After watching all these videos honestly its looks just like MLB 12 The Show with just some new icing on top. I mean I still am looking forward to March 5th because MLB The Show is the only game I ever really play and i love the hell out of it. And I always buy the newest version no matter what. Heck this game is so good I would probably buy it if the only thing new in 13 was updated rosters to me MLB The Show is addicting like a Drugs, Food, Alcohol and Sex can be to some people. I wake up in the middle of the night from sleeping sometimes just to play this game.

But I am definitely ready for the PS4 version of MLB The Show at this point in time. The PS3 version is far and away the greatest baseball game I have ever had the pleasure of playing but at this point in time it's becoming quite clear how the PS3 memory limitations are really hurting the true potential of what MLB The Show really could become. I guess for those that will be playing MLB The Show on the PS3 for the first time it will blow your minds with excitement. But for someone like me who is now going on their 7th version of MLB The Show on PS3 you could under stand how it could get kind of boring.

With the reported specs of the PS4 I can not even imagine what MLB The Show will be capable of. It's just so exciting to even think about it

Having said all that I am 100% sure MLB 13 The Show will more then likely satisfy my baseball video game addiction for the next 12 months!
 
# 10 Yankees2009Champs @ 03/02/13 10:34 AM
Still infuriates me that balls that hit the outfield wall are still such close plays. Maybe if your slow that's a close play but not when we're talking about a speedy player in Cabrera. You'd have to do everything perfect to make that play.

Can someone confirm that they switched the Indians socks on the cream jersey to red?
 
# 11 DGuinta1 @ 03/02/13 10:41 AM
Love it! Thanks for the vids. A good base-runner on second, pitcher should look over there briefly, thankfully for the pitcher, the runner was thrown out at third. (First inning game play) Otherwise, Tuesday!!!!!!!!
 
# 12 jcar0725 @ 03/02/13 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I hate to say this but I agree with you. I would not say the game is boring by any means but seeing so many videos and screenshots for a game that pretty much looks no different then 12 is kind of boring as you say. After watching all these videos honestly its looks just like MLB 12 The Show with just some new icing on top. I mean I still am looking forward to March 5th because MLB The Show is the only game I ever really play and i love the hell out of it. And I always buy the newest version no matter what. Heck this game is so good I would probably buy it if the only thing new in 13 was updated rosters to me MLB The Show is addicting like a Drugs, Food, Alcohol and Sex can be to some people. I wake up in the middle of the night from sleeping sometimes just to play this game.

But I am definitely ready for the PS4 version of MLB The Show at this point in time. The PS3 version is far and away the greatest baseball game I have ever had the pleasure of playing but at this point in time it's becoming quite clear how the PS3 memory limitations are really hurting the true potential of what MLB The Show really could become. I guess for those that will be playing MLB The Show on the PS3 for the first time it will blow your minds with excitement. But for someone like me who is now going on their 7th version of MLB The Show on PS3 you could under stand how it could get kind of boring.

With the reported specs of the PS4 I can not even imagine what MLB The Show will be capable of. It's just so exciting to even think about it

Having said all that I am 100% sure MLB 13 The Show will more then likely satisfy my baseball video game addiction for the next 12 months!
Again I'm pretty sure the reason the graphics look like 12 is because the graphics are already great. No need to fix what's not broken.....
 
# 13 econoodle @ 03/02/13 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I hate to say this but I agree with you. I would not say the game is boring by any means but seeing so many videos and screenshots for a game that pretty much looks no different then 12 is kind of boring as you say. After watching all these videos honestly its looks just like MLB 12 The Show with just some new icing on top. I mean I still am looking forward to March 5th because MLB The Show is the only game I ever really play and i love the hell out of it. And I always buy the newest version no matter what. Heck this game is so good I would probably buy it if the only thing new in 13 was updated rosters to me MLB The Show is addicting like a Drugs, Food, Alcohol and Sex can be to some people. I wake up in the middle of the night from sleeping sometimes just to play this game.

But I am definitely ready for the PS4 version of MLB The Show at this point in time. The PS3 version is far and away the greatest baseball game I have ever had the pleasure of playing but at this point in time it's becoming quite clear how the PS3 memory limitations are really hurting the true potential of what MLB The Show really could become. I guess for those that will be playing MLB The Show on the PS3 for the first time it will blow your minds with excitement. But for someone like me who is now going on their 7th version of MLB The Show on PS3 you could under stand how it could get kind of boring.

With the reported specs of the PS4 I can not even imagine what MLB The Show will be capable of. It's just so exciting to even think about it

Having said all that I am 100% sure MLB 13 The Show will more then likely satisfy my baseball video game addiction for the next 12 months!

I agree on the ps4. I can't wit for that version. I think its time I head into the sunset with the ps3 version. The fresh coat of paint will do wonders for getting me back into it.
 
# 14 Tribesalive @ 03/02/13 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribefan98
Thanks for the post! Loving the Indians mid '70s uni's. I guess the Progressive Field model is not going to get its overdue facelift until the next gen system release.

Hey Bud...there were many changes. I seen like 8 alone for our stadium. The huge building is closer and brought to the back of the Progressive sign...behind the batter the wall alone has been fixed. The colors look better and it looks like you can now see Heritage park.

My biggest downfall with this game will be if Terry Francona is not in the first update and not the manager of the Indians. He is the biggest name manager and yet is not in the game? Makes no sense and will be a deal breaker for me.
 
# 15 videobastard @ 03/02/13 11:13 AM
Definitely showing its age at the end of a console cycle. Had great times with this series on the ps3. Some of best moments in sports gaming history for me but im looking forward to the ps4 versions.

This commentary approach should not be continued for ps4 versions. Hopefully this area of the presentation is drastically improved on the ps4.
 
# 16 Bp2 Triz @ 03/02/13 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribesalive
Hey Bud...there were many changes. I seen like 8 alone for our stadium. The huge building is closer and brought to the back of the Progressive sign...behind the batter the wall alone has been fixed. The colors look better and it looks like you can now see Heritage park.

My biggest downfall with this game will be if Terry Francona is not in the first update and not the manager of the Indians. He is the biggest name manager and yet is not in the game? Makes no sense and will be a deal breaker for me.
where is the tarp? also no tito is a fail... go tribe
 
# 17 speels @ 03/02/13 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I hate to say this but I agree with you. I would not say the game is boring by any means but seeing so many videos and screenshots for a game that pretty much looks no different then 12 is kind of boring as you say. After watching all these videos honestly its looks just like MLB 12 The Show with just some new icing on top. I mean I still am looking forward to March 5th because MLB The Show is the only game I ever really play and i love the hell out of it. And I always buy the newest version no matter what. Heck this game is so good I would probably buy it if the only thing new in 13 was updated rosters to me MLB The Show is addicting like a Drugs, Food, Alcohol and Sex can be to some people. I wake up in the middle of the night from sleeping sometimes just to play this game.

But I am definitely ready for the PS4 version of MLB The Show at this point in time. The PS3 version is far and away the greatest baseball game I have ever had the pleasure of playing but at this point in time it's becoming quite clear how the PS3 memory limitations are really hurting the true potential of what MLB The Show really could become. I guess for those that will be playing MLB The Show on the PS3 for the first time it will blow your minds with excitement. But for someone like me who is now going on their 7th version of MLB The Show on PS3 you could under stand how it could get kind of boring.

With the reported specs of the PS4 I can not even imagine what MLB The Show will be capable of. It's just so exciting to even think about it

Having said all that I am 100% sure MLB 13 The Show will more then likely satisfy my baseball video game addiction for the next 12 months!
I was watching some Spring Training real life baseball today and was really upset because other than a few new jerseys and a roster update, it looked just like 2012!!! Oh no, better boycott watching baseball this year.

Really getting tired of the comments about it looking the same, IT'S BASEBALL!!!!
 
# 18 thebeaverbutcher @ 03/02/13 11:36 AM
It looks like outfielders are getting to balls way too fast. The double by Reynolds and Cabrera should not have been that close.
 
# 19 andrewochs615 @ 03/02/13 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speels
I was watching some Spring Training real life baseball today and was really upset because other than a few new jerseys and a roster update, it looked just like 2012!!! Oh no, better boycott watching baseball this year.

Really getting tired of the comments about it looking the same, IT'S BASEBALL!!!!
I am tired of people not being able to take constructive criticism. It is a great game, but when people say it looks the same, I am sure they don't just mean graphics. They also mean presentation and commentary too. The commentary sill for the most part is dull. I am interested to see celebrations of walk offs and world series and playoff celebrations, which my guess are the same for the most part. I am also interested to see changes in franchise mode. Is the trade logic really all that better? The past two years they said it would be better and it hasn't really improved.

The game is great, but is no near perfect. All things great or bad have room for improvement, and I think the PS4 will greatly help with that.
 
# 20 WhiteMan22 @ 03/02/13 11:54 AM
My team...

Hell ya.
 

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.