Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post



This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Check out the latest MLB 13 The Show video, featuring the Los Angeles Angels vs. Texas Rangers.

Thanks N51_rob!!

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 35 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 MrOldboy @ 03/01/13 09:13 PM
Mike Trout hits home run

"Well, he doesn't hit a ton of home runs, but..."

New sim system looks good.
 
# 2 BlueSkies7776 @ 03/01/13 09:21 PM
I noticed that the batter now holds on to the bat after swinging. I don't think they ever did that in 12. They seemed to always let go of the bat right after the swing when they made contact in 12.
 
# 3 econoodle @ 03/01/13 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crains13
I may highlight it for you, straight from SCEA's fact sheet:
>Hitting engine improvements deliver more hit variety than ever before
>Improved ball physics (less ground rule doubles etc.)
>Over 250 new fielding and running animations
>Over 500 new presentations
>More catcher animations on plays at the plate providing more exciting outcomes
>New more interactive user steal system
>Improved CPU pitcher substitution logic
>Over 15 new batting camera’s and 5 new pitching camera views
he was saying, 'based on this video' not in general.
 
# 4 WhiteMan22 @ 03/01/13 09:24 PM
The more videos I watch, the more I want this game.
 
# 5 nemesis04 @ 03/01/13 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivenDieBaseball
Based in what I've seen from all the videos, I don't see any difference. Same swings, same outcomes, same animations.
So I guess you saved yourself $65.
 
# 6 crains13 @ 03/01/13 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivenDieBaseball
You must not have any visual proof huh?
Are you quoting yourself?
 
# 7 Knight165 @ 03/01/13 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crains13
Are you quoting yourself?
Insane people do talk to themselves.
Just sayin'.

M.K.
Knight165
 
# 8 Nexgenrulz @ 03/01/13 09:39 PM
How about some gameplay videos of the Indians?
 
# 9 Knight165 @ 03/01/13 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivenDieBaseball
So nothing? Okay!
If you say so.

M.K.
Knight165
 
# 10 crains13 @ 03/01/13 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivenDieBaseball
Stupid fanboys.
So are you buying the game or not? Serious question.
 
# 11 Knight165 @ 03/01/13 09:51 PM
Okay....

I've been told that from the fact sheet....one guy says nothing was done to MoM...same old same old as last year. I told him to just wait...check it out...no...over and over ...blah blah blah...
Many changes to MoM for '13.
(but of course he knew better)

Then it was "why haven't we seen anything about RTTS?"...they must not have touched it...watch...it's just the new on field sounds and the same old same old....blah blah blah...
Whoops....a whole bunch of new changes to RTTS
(but of course...they knew better)


Now it's gameplay...
'12's gameplay was top notch. They weren't going to rip the guts out and start over. There is absolutely NO reason to.
I guarantee you'll see things in hit variety you didn't in '12.
I also guarantee you'll see some things that were a bit off in '13 that will be toned down in '13...

But of course...you know better.

M.K.
Knight165
 
# 12 TGov @ 03/01/13 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Mike Trout hits home run

"Well, he doesn't hit a ton of home runs, but..."


New sim system looks good.
I was a bit surprised when I heard that, my initial thought was, "Actually yes, yes he does" lol...
 
# 13 Knight165 @ 03/01/13 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGov
I was a bit surprised when I heard that, my initial thought was, "Actually yes, yes he does" lol...
Sometimes I just shake my head at the commentary.

M.K.
Knight165
 
# 14 Knight165 @ 03/01/13 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivenDieBaseball
Again give me visual proof?! They have a fact sheet about new animations and ball physics, but I see nothing different.
Oh...I'm sorry, I didn't know it was my turn to show you visual proof.

Hold on....I'll be right back with it.

M.K.
Knight165
 
# 15 crains13 @ 03/01/13 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivenDieBaseball
Again give me visual proof?! They have a fact sheet about new animations and ball physics, but I see nothing different.
You have not played the game...simple as that.
 
# 16 Knight165 @ 03/01/13 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcu9
in the new fast-forward screen, notice how there were three unnecessary sacrifice bunt attempts in the first five innings of the angels at rangers video?

maybe the 2-3 sac bunt putout actually represents a player hitting a little dribbler to the catcher, then the catcher throws the guy out at 1st base.

not sure if this can or should be patched. I just felt like bringing it up.

Thanks.
If it's persistent....it should go in the bug thread.
Either way it shouldn't be.

M.K.
Knight165
 
# 17 TGov @ 03/01/13 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivenDieBaseball
Again give me visual proof?! They have a fact sheet about new animations and ball physics, but I see nothing different.
Why does anyone need to give you proof of anything?
There's plenty of videos and pictures out, but there has to be somethings kept for when you actually play the game...
 
# 18 Knight165 @ 03/01/13 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivenDieBaseball
Well apparently you have time to post wise cracks but not answer my question.
Is it that apparent?
I was trying to be subtle.

M.K.
Knight165
 
# 19 crains13 @ 03/01/13 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivenDieBaseball
Again give me visual proof?! They have a fact sheet about new animations and ball physics, but I see nothing different.
How exactly do we give visual proof? You want pictures of gameplay changes? That might be difficult to achieve.
 
# 20 dalger21 @ 03/01/13 10:07 PM
Could have sworn this thread was about the game not an Internet fight... :/
 

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.