Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post


MLB 13 The Show is a "Day 1 Digital" game, which means if you pre-order from the PS Store, you can start downloading a digital copy of the game at 12:01 AM EST on March 5th.

As a bonus, if you pre-order from the PS Store you will receive an exclusive theme for your PS3 XMB menu screen and an extra 120 million for your Franchise budget.

At the moment, we only see the MLB 13 The Show Day 1 Digital pre-order available for the PS3, nothing on the PS Vita.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 35 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bonannogiovanni @ 02/27/13 10:55 AM
Please explain this day 1 digital, may I download the game on my HD and play it as many times as I want without ever possessing the physical disc? What happens for example if my hard disk breaks, do I have to buy it again?
 
# 2 tnixen @ 02/27/13 10:58 AM
Anyone know if the load times would be a lot faster since the PS3 would not be reading the data off the disc?

Also is this download version 100% the exact same as the disc version?

I am really thinking about canceling my Amazon pre order and just downloading it from the PS Store
 
# 3 tnixen @ 02/27/13 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
Please explain this day 1 digital, may I download the game on my HD and play it as many times as I want without ever possessing the physical disc? What happens for example if my hard disk breaks, do I have to buy it again?
I am pretty sure you would just need to log in to your account again and re download it.
 
# 4 dalger21 @ 02/27/13 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
Please explain this day 1 digital, may I download the game on my HD and play it as many times as I want without ever possessing the physical disc? What happens for example if my hard disk breaks, do I have to buy it again?
Yes. It's basically having the game on your hard drive without actually needing a disc. A lot of people prefer this method because you don't have to switch discs to play another game. If your hard drive breaks, the game can be re downloaded from your history in account management.
 
# 5 dalger21 @ 02/27/13 11:03 AM
I was going to go this route, however, the gamestop pre-order comes with 1200 RttS points. This pre-order comes with something I would never use as I don't play franchise.
 
# 6 JerzeyReign @ 02/27/13 11:03 AM
I've tried this with NBA 2k13 and it wasn't available at 12:01am. I like downloading games but I think I'll just wake up and grab it from the store.
 
# 7 HustlinOwl @ 02/27/13 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
I've tried this with NBA 2k13 and it wasn't available at 12:01am. I like downloading games but I think I'll just wake up and grab it from the store.
Im thinking this will be different considering its a Sony Exclusive
 
# 8 Gymbo-59 @ 02/27/13 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
I was going to go this route, however, the gamestop pre-order comes with 1200 RttS points. This pre-order comes with something I would never use as I don't play franchise.
My thoughts exactly.
 
# 9 icicle22 @ 02/27/13 11:17 AM
Dumb question buy I must ask. I have Best Buy gift cards that I was going to use today to pre-order The Show there. Can I buy PSN credits at Best Buy and then use them to purchase the Show directly via PSN network? Not sure how I feel about having only a digital copy, it has positives and negatives obviously.
 
# 10 nemesis04 @ 02/27/13 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
Dumb question buy I must ask. I have Best Buy gift cards that I was going to use today to pre-order The Show there. Can I buy PSN credits at Best Buy and then use them to purchase the Show directly via PSN network? Not sure how I feel about having only a digital copy, it has positives and negatives obviously.
You can buy the PSN cards with gift cards at BB.
 
# 11 BravesBoy @ 02/27/13 11:23 AM
I think i'll give this a try. I originally had this pre ordered from amazon for release day delivery but since my UPS don't deliver till the afternoons, i cant start this download at midnight and have it ready for just shortly after...I do worry how loooong this download will take, psn int the fastest. Maybe a hour or 2?
 
# 12 bonannogiovanni @ 02/27/13 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
Yes. It's basically having the game on your hard drive without actually needing a disc. A lot of people prefer this method because you don't have to switch discs to play another game. If your hard drive breaks, the game can be re downloaded from your history in account management.
wow, that's cool, considering load times should be much faster, and the console will be quieter by not having a disc spinning. Do you know how much the download weighs in gigabytes more or less?
 
# 13 tnixen @ 02/27/13 11:25 AM
If you have more then 1 PS3 can you download the game to both PS3's?
 
# 14 nemesis04 @ 02/27/13 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesBoy
I think i'll give this a try. I originally had this pre ordered from amazon for release day delivery but since my UPS don't deliver till the afternoons, i cant start this download at midnight and have it ready for just shortly after...I do worry how loooong this download will take, psn int the fastest. Maybe a hour or 2?
It would be nice if they allowed you to download it now and not be active until 12:01am on the 5th.
 
# 15 N51_rob @ 02/27/13 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
If you have more then 1 PS3 can you download the game to both PS3's?
Yes, the gmae will be in your DL history.
 
# 16 Knight165 @ 02/27/13 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
It would be nice if they allowed you to download it now and not be active until 12:01am on the 5th.
I would download it right now.
That would be great.
Good call.

(I wonder if I HAVE to download it )

M.K.
Knight165
 
# 17 BravesBoy @ 02/27/13 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
It would be nice if they allowed you to download it now and not be active until 12:01am on the 5th.
Why nem, that would be a GREAT idea
 
# 18 nemesis04 @ 02/27/13 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165

(I wonder if I HAVE to download it )

M.K.
Knight165
Hahahaha! Wait why am I laughing!!!!!..........
 
# 19 N51_rob @ 02/27/13 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
It would be nice if they allowed you to download it now and not be active until 12:01am on the 5th.
How many people would then disconnect their PS3 from the internet and change the date on their System to March 5th? I know I would.
 
# 20 Curahee @ 02/27/13 11:38 AM
The one and only reason I wont be DLing the game and will be buying a disc, is I use the disc as a trade in for the next iteration. Cant do that with a DDL.
PLUS, any DDL games on my PS3, may not transfer to PS4, so Im out those games. If I have them on disc, I can trade them in towards the purchase of new PS4 games just like I did with my PS2 games for PS3..
 

« Previous1234567892627Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.