Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post


Here is a list of the MLB 13 The Show trophies, revealed by none other than chrisjohnson83. 32 of them in all.

In the books
Earn all of the MLB 13 The Show Trophies

Escape Artist
As the pitcher, escape from a no out, bases loaded jam without any of the runners scoring (only earned if playing uninterrupted game against the CPU, without switching sides or fast forwarding)

Playback Time
After getting hit by a pitch, hit a homer in on that player's following at bat

Bringing The Heat
Earn a save by throwing all fastballs (one & two out saves don't qualify)

Dreaded Leadoff Walk
Draw a walk with the first hitter of the inning

Average Boost
Get 5 hits in a single game, with a single player

Disrespected
Hit a homerun immediately after an intentional walk

2 Out Rally
Score 3 or more runs after the first two batters of an inning made outs

Quick Thinking
Pull off a successful 1-2-3 double play

Small Ball
With a runner on second and or third with no outs, hit a ground out to the right side of the field that advances the runner(s)

Brand New Ballgame
Tie the score after being down by 4 runs in a game

Sitting Dead Red
Hit a home run after having successfully guessed fastball

Didn't Even Break A Sweat
Have your starting pitcher throw a complete game with 58 or fewer pitches thrown

Worm Killer
As the pitcher, induce 15 or more ground outs in a single game

Strike 'Em Out, Throw 'Em Out
Turn a double play by striking out the battery and throwing out the runner stealing

Piling On
In a single game, score 20 or more runs

Number 17
In a single game, hit 4 or more home runs with the same player

Winning Combo
Throw a combined no hitter with 2 or more pitchers

Credit Extension
In Citi-field have a player hit for the cycle

Bang The Drum
In Turner Field, hit a home run to centre field that hits the bongo drum

So Close, Yet...
In Oriole Park, hit the scoreboard in the right field

Brewed Fresh
In Miller Park, hit a home run I the stands to the right of the centre field hitters eye (on the fly)

Bronx Bomber
In Yankee Stadium, hit a home run into the second deck of the right field stands.

Arr, Matey
In PNC Park, hit a home run that hits the pirates hedge in centre field

Land Ho!
In Safeco Field, but a home run into the bullpen in left-centre that lands on the dirt

Hail To The Chief
In Nationals Park, hit a home run off the right field foul pole

Latest & Greatest
Complete a The Show live game

First Person
In RTTS, catch a fly ball using the new manual catch feature

Fall Ball
Compete a postseason mode game

Derby King
Win an online home run derby contest

First Steps
Advance to beginner hitting rank 2

Going Green
Use the card recycler in Diamond Dynasty

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 35 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 garyjr33 @ 02/25/13 04:39 PM
A lot of these are going to be tough in the sense that they are very situational (you have to be put in a relatively rare situation to even attempt to succeed).
 
# 2 sydrogerdavid @ 02/25/13 04:43 PM
I can't wait for the day when we have a trophy that requires a home run to be hit into Big Mac Land (or similarly named section in Busch Stadium).
 
# 3 Doormat @ 02/25/13 04:48 PM
Looks like a pretty easy list.
 
# 4 wozamil @ 02/25/13 04:56 PM
Why is only the first one requiring you to play against the CPU? Everything else seems like a cinch if you don't need to play uninterrupted games against the CPU, especially with a second controller. Against yourself.

If this is the case, I'm a little disappointed. BUT, thank you for not requiring some BS online requirements that makes people boost for trophies.
 
# 5 Chef Matt @ 02/25/13 04:58 PM
I was hoping for a "win the world series" (must play 50% of 162 game season) trophy.
 
# 6 Mabster @ 02/25/13 05:30 PM
If there are no "against the cpu" restrictions on some of those this is looking like the easiest The Show platinum ever.
 
# 7 WarningTrackPower @ 02/25/13 05:50 PM
Quote:
Playback Time
After getting hit by a pitch, hit a homer in on that player's following at bat

Disrespected
Hit a homerun immediately after an intentional walk
These two are awesome. If I get hit with a fastball up around the shoulders against the CPU, I'm always looking fastball middle in on the very next pitch. These two are right up my alley. (The same applies to intentional walks).

Quote:
Didn't Even Break A Sweat
Have your starting pitcher throw a complete game with 58 or fewer pitches thrown
Probably won't ever achieve this one as I throw too many set up pitches and try to expand the strike zone after getting a first pitch strike on the corner. Hopefully the AI doesn't have an eagle eye this year and will chase out of the zone more frequently.

Quote:
Strike 'Em Out, Throw 'Em Out
Turn a double play by striking out the batter and throwing out the runner stealing
I was most excited to see this trophy. I never saw this in the show (unless I was the one that was caught stealing on strike three). Whenever I got two strikes on the opposing team (CPU of course), I knew that the only way they'd run is if it was a full count with two outs. This gives me hope that the baserunner AI has been tweaked and BR aggressiveness is a little more accurate.

I'm not really a trophy guy but I like the way that The Show does them. I like to just have them pop up on the screen and read the title of them, only to realize what I've just accomplished. Nice and subtle.
 
# 8 dalger21 @ 02/25/13 05:55 PM
A couple of those will be pretty hard especially if it is the "Against CPU only"...the one where you have to pitch a complete game with 58 pitches or less is definitely one that will give people fits simply because the CPU doesn't chase a lot of pitches..
 
# 9 jr86 @ 02/25/13 05:58 PM
Forgive my ignorance
But what does getting these done actually get you..?
 
# 10 bcruise @ 02/25/13 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
Forgive my ignorance
But what does getting these done actually get you..?
Nothing meaningful, it's just like XBOX's achievements. Just fun little challenges that you try to complete.
 
# 11 Mabster @ 02/25/13 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
simply because the CPU doesn't chase a lot of pitches..
That's what that the sliders are for.
 
# 12 MrOldboy @ 02/25/13 09:44 PM
Looks easier than last year mainly because I don't see any "Win in an uninterrupted game with all 30 teams" trophy.
 
# 13 AUTiger1 @ 02/25/13 11:04 PM
Quote:
Bringing The Heat
Earn a save by throwing all fastballs (one & two out saves don't qualify)
Craig Kimbrel here I come!
 
# 14 DieHardYankee26 @ 02/25/13 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
Craig Kimbrel here I come!
If Mo counts for this...child's play.
 
# 15 Woodweaver @ 02/25/13 11:55 PM
Almost all of them must be completed against the CPU without fast forwarding.
 
# 16 mrplum @ 02/26/13 03:05 AM
I hope you can do a lot of these, such as the hit by pitch trophies and other hitting trophies, in RTTS even though you are technically fast forwarding to your next at bat.
 
# 17 wozamil @ 02/26/13 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
Almost all of them must be completed against the CPU without fast forwarding.
I hope that doesn't include Playback Time and Disrespected. The number of times I got intentionally walked or HBP were so little, that to have to follow up each of these events with a timely HR would be nearly impossible. Unless you coded these events differently this year and it'll happen more frequently.

Wish these could have at least been done in a online matchups. The game is much more fun with friends.
 
# 18 Woodweaver @ 02/26/13 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wozamil
I hope that doesn't include Playback Time and Disrespected. The number of times I got intentionally walked or HBP were so little, that to have to follow up each of these events with a timely HR would be nearly impossible. Unless you coded these events differently this year and it'll happen more frequently.

Wish these could have at least been done in a online matchups. The game is much more fun with friends.

I agree, but unfortunately most of the trophies would be a little easy to pick up with a willing HUM opponent or say just setting up a second controller under a cheater's control. It's much cooler to have a trophy in your collection if you know no one can just cheese it into their collection too, no?
 
# 19 Woodweaver @ 02/26/13 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrplum
I hope you can do a lot of these, such as the hit by pitch trophies and other hitting trophies, in RTTS even though you are technically fast forwarding to your next at bat.

Many of them you can as long as they make sense. Like not requiring multiple players (i.e. one's not under your control) to do "something" to fulfill trophy requirements.
 
# 20 wozamil @ 02/26/13 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
I agree, but unfortunately most of the trophies would be a little easy to pick up with a willing HUM opponent or say just setting up a second controller under a cheater's control. It's much cooler to have a trophy in your collection if you know no one can just cheese it into their collection too, no?
I agree about not being able to "cheese it" (I love that term), but there needs to be a better balance between an extremely rare circumstances and something a little more achievable.

The first time I have runners on second and third with one out, with the number number 8 hitter at the box ,with the pitcher on deck, early in the game, and I don't get the intentional walk... I'll be angry. And if I do get the intentional walk, I'll go against all baseball wisdom and pinch hit for my pitcher.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
Many of them you can as long as they make sense. Like not requiring multiple players (i.e. one's not under your control) to do "something" to fulfill trophy requirements.
so Sitting Dead Red can be done in RTTS because it's just one player, but Winning Combo or Quick Thinking can't because it requires 2 players, correct?
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.