Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post


Interested in MLB 13 The Show player ratings? Our friend chrisjohnson83 (with the only confirmed copy of the game so far) has provided them to us. Below are the top rated players at each position, to see the rest of the player ratings, check out the MLB 13 The Show screenshots page.

Updated rosters will no doubt be released before the March 5th release date, so keep that in mind.

Top Rated Players at Each Position

Top Rated First Basemen
  • 99 Albert Pujols, Angels
  • 98 Joey Votto, Reds
  • 95 Prince Fielder, Tigers
  • 94 Paul Konerko, White Sox
  • 93 Adrian Gonzalez, Dodgers
  • 92 Corey Hart, Brewers
  • 92 Allen Craig, Cardinals
  • 91 Mark Teixeira, Yankees
  • 89 Mike Napoli, Boston
  • 88 Ryan Howard, Phillies
Top Rated Second Basemen
  • 99 Robinson Cano, Yankees
  • 98 Dustin Pedroia, Boston
  • 95 Ian Kinsler, Rangers
  • 93 Brandon Phillips, Reds
  • 90 Jose Altuve, Astros
  • 89 Ben Zobrist, Rays
  • 88 Chase Utley, Phillies
  • 88 Omar Infante, Tigers
  • 87 Emilio Bonifacio, Blue Jays
  • 87 Howie Kendrick, Rangers
Top Rated Third Basemen
  • 99 Miguel Cabrera, Tigers
  • 96 Adrian Beltre, Rangers
  • 93 Evan Longoria, Rays
  • 93 David Wright, Mets
  • 91 Chase Headley, Padres
  • 91 Ryan Zimmerman, Nationals
  • 89 Aramis Ramirez, Brewers
  • 88 Alex Rodriguez, Yankees
  • 86 Pablo Sandoval, Giants
  • 85 Michael Young, Phillies
  • 85 David Freese, Cardinals
Top Rated Shortstops
  • 99 Troy Tulowitzki, Rockies
  • 95 Jose Reyes, Blue Jays
  • 93 Jimmy Rollins, Phillies
  • 90 Derek Jeter, Yankees
  • 90 Starlin Castro, Cubs
  • 88 Elvis Andrus, Rangers
  • 88 Rafael Furcal, Cardinals
  • 88 Hanley Ramirez, Dodgers
  • 85 Asdrubal Cabrera, Indians
  • 85 Erick Aybar, Angels
Top Rated Catchers
  • 99 Buster Posey, Giants
  • 98 Yadier Molina, Cardinals
  • 94 Carlos Ruiz, Phillies
  • 93 Joe Mauer, Twins
  • 93 Matt Wieters, O's
  • 87 Salvador Perez, Royals
  • 88 Brian McCann, Braves
  • 86 A.J. Pierzynski, Rangers
  • 86 Jonathan Lucroy, Brewers
  • 86 Wilin Rosario, Rockies
Top Rated Left Fielders
  • 99 Mike Trout, Angels
  • 99 Ryan Braun, Brewers
  • 99 Carlos Gonzalez, Rockies
  • 92 Yoenis, Cespedes, Oakland
  • 91 Matt Holliday, Cardinals
  • 87 Bryce Harper, Nationals
  • 86 Alfonso Soriano, Cubs
  • 86 Justin Upton, Braves
  • 85 Alex Gordon, Royals
  • 85 Josh Willingham, Twins
  • 85 David Murphy, Rangers
Top Rated Center Fielders
  • 99 Andrew McCutchen, Pirates
  • 99 Matt Kemp, Dodgers
  • 94 Jacoby Ellsbury, Boston
  • 91 Adam Jones, O's
  • 88 B.J. Upton, Braves
  • 87 Curtis Granderson, Yankees
  • 86 Shin-Soo Choo, Reds
  • 85 Coco Crisp, Oakland
  • 84 Austin Jackson, Tigers
  • 84 Angel Pagan, Giants
Top Rated Right Fielders
  • 99 Josh Hamilton, Angels
  • 98 Carlos Beltran, Cardinals
  • 98 Jose Bautista, Blue Jays
  • 95 Giancarlo Stanton, Marlins
  • 93 Nelson Cruz, Rangers
  • 93 Jay Bruce, Reds
  • 91 Jason Heyward, Braves
  • 90 Alex Rios, White Sox
  • 90 Hunter Pence, Giants
  • 89 Torii Hunter, Tigers
  • 89 Ichiro Suzuki, Yankees
Top Rated Designated Hitters
  • 94 Billy Butler, Royals
  • 91 David Ortiz, Boston
  • 88 Edwin Encarnacion, Blue Jays
  • 85 Kevin Youkilis, Yankees
  • 85 Victor Martinez, Tigers
  • 85 Kendrys Morales, Mariners
  • 84 Lance Berkman, Rangers
  • 83 Mark Trumbo, Angels
Top Rated Pitchers
  • 99 Jusin Verlander, Tigers
  • 99 Felix Hernandez, Mariners
  • 99 Stephen Strasburg, Nationals
  • 99 Aroldis Chapman, Reds
  • 99 Clayton Kershaw, Dodgers
  • 97 David Price, Rays
  • 96 Chris Sale, White Sox
  • 96 Cliff Lee, Phillies
  • 96 C.C. Sabathia, Yankees
  • 96 Yu Darvish, Rangers
  • 96 Adam Wainwright, Cardinals
  • 95 Matt Kain, Giants
  • 95 Kris Medlen, Braves
  • 94 Rafael Betancourt, Rockies
  • 94 Mat Latos, Reds
  • 94 Zack Greinke, Dodgers
  • 94 Roy Halladay, Phillies
  • 94 Cole Hamels, Phillies
  • 94 Josh Johnson, Blue Jays
  • 94 James Shields, Royals
  • 93 Jered Weaver, Angels
  • 93 R.A. Dickey, Blue Jays
  • 90 Jake Peavy, White Sox
Top Rated Closers
  • 99 Craig Kimbrel, Braves
  • 97 Mariano Rivera, Yankees
  • 95 Jonathan Papelbon, Phillies
  • 96 Jason Motte, Cardinals
  • 95 Joel Hanrahan, Boston
  • 94 Sergio Romo, Giants
  • 93 Fernando Rodney, Rays
  • 93 J.J. Putz, Dbacks
  • 93 Greg Holland, Royals
  • 90 Glen Perkins, Twins
  • 92 Steve Cishek, Marlins
  • 92 John Axford, Brewers
  • 92 Tom Wilhelmsen, Mariners
  • 91 Grant Balfour, Oakland
  • 91 Joe Nathan, Rangers
  • 90 Ryan Madson, Angels
  • 89 Jose Veras, Astros
  • 88 Chris Perez, Indians
To see all the MLB 13 The Show player ratings, check out the screenshots. Thanks again to chrisjohnson83, you can follow him on Twitter, right here.

MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 35 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 161 MrOldboy @ 03/01/13 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
You know what, no one knows what Harper will do next. The one thing we do know is what these two did last year. Based on last year, why is Harper rated higher for power against RHP??? Harper is 78 and Trout is 72. Slg % belongs to Trout. Let me put it in a more meaningful term, how does this game justify the rating difference?
What has become apparent is that its not cut and dry how SCEA rates players. It feels arbitrary in spots. Trout had a higher AB/HR and the same HR/H ratio as Harper against RHP. So by a lot of arguments in this thread Trout should have been slightly higher than Harper in power vs RHP.

If Harper's power shows up and his AB/HR jumps to 15 early in the year than re-rate him higher, but rating a player based off of feel, or scouting reports doesn't seem like the way to go.

Its just no clear how the player's are rated and they do matter, especially for online play.
 
# 162 3fiddy @ 03/01/13 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
You know what, no one knows what Harper will do next. The one thing we do know is what these two did last year. Based on last year, why is Harper rated higher for power against RHP??? Harper is 78 and Trout is 72. Slg % belongs to Trout. Let me put it in a more meaningful term, how does this game justify the rating difference?

I'm no help their. Hopefully the guys who do the rosters for us chime in.
 
# 163 sink4ever @ 03/01/13 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
I still don't get why Harper should have higher power rating than Trout, 78-72 vs RHP.
Life's full of mysteries, ain't it?
 
# 164 Cavicchi @ 03/01/13 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
What has become apparent is that its not cut and dry how SCEA rates players. It feels arbitrary in spots. Trout had a higher AB/HR and the same HR/H ratio as Harper against RHP. So by a lot of arguments in this thread Trout should have been slightly higher than Harper in power vs RHP.

If Harper's power shows up and his AB/HR jumps to 15 early in the year than re-rate him higher, but rating a player based off of feel, or scouting reports doesn't seem like the way to go.

Its just no clear how the player's are rated and they do matter, especially for online play.
I believe it will affect more than online play. I think it will make a difference in franchise mode as well.
 
# 165 nomo17k @ 03/02/13 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
You know what, no one knows what Harper will do next. The one thing we do know is what these two did last year. Based on last year, why is Harper rated higher for power against RHP??? Harper is 78 and Trout is 72. Slg % belongs to Trout. Let me put it in a more meaningful term, how does this game justify the rating difference?

Perhaps Harper is rated slightly higher than Trout in Power because of their minor league stats. SCEA could use minor league stats for those players with limited service time in majors. Down in minors, Trout was obviously an all-round great player, but Harper produced HRs at a higher rate (13.5% of hits were HRs for Harper, just 6.0% for Trout).

Again, Trout seems to be one of those guys who is a classic all round player, but doesn't necessarily go for fence when he doesn't need to. He's still young, so who knows what sort of player he evolves into (he can choose to sacrifice some sureness to produce more HRs, for example), but at the moment he's a type of player who generates enough power to hit a decent amount of HRs, but not at a pace of elite power hitters...... and that's probably why he is such a promising player, knowing that HRs are not the only aspect of the game.


I just watched Trout's 2012 highlights and oh my goodness the guys is so good..... hahhaahaha....
 
# 166 Cavicchi @ 03/02/13 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
Perhaps Harper is rated slightly higher than Trout in Power because of their minor league stats. SCEA could use minor league stats for those players with limited service time in majors. Down in minors, Trout was obviously an all-round great player, but Harper produced HRs at a higher rate (13.5% of hits were HRs for Harper, just 6.0% for Trout).

Again, Trout seems to be one of those guys who is a classic all round player, but doesn't necessarily go for fence when he doesn't need to. He's still young, so who knows what sort of player he evolves into (he can choose to sacrifice some sureness to produce more HRs, for example), but at the moment he's a type of player who generates enough power to hit a decent amount of HRs, but not at a pace of elite power hitters...... and that's probably why he is such a promising player, knowing that HRs are not the only aspect of the game.


I just watched Trout's 2012 highlights and oh my goodness the guys is so good..... hahhaahaha....
Why would they use minor league stats when they have major league stats to use?

Trout hit more home runs than Harper, so I don't get your point there.
 
# 167 ParisB @ 03/02/13 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
Perhaps Harper is rated slightly higher than Trout in Power because of their minor league stats. SCEA could use minor league stats for those players with limited service time in majors. Down in minors, Trout was obviously an all-round great player, but Harper produced HRs at a higher rate (13.5% of hits were HRs for Harper, just 6.0% for Trout).

Again, Trout seems to be one of those guys who is a classic all round player, but doesn't necessarily go for fence when he doesn't need to. He's still young, so who knows what sort of player he evolves into (he can choose to sacrifice some sureness to produce more HRs, for example), but at the moment he's a type of player who generates enough power to hit a decent amount of HRs, but not at a pace of elite power hitters...... and that's probably why he is such a promising player, knowing that HRs are not the only aspect of the game.


I just watched Trout's 2012 highlights and oh my goodness the guys is so good..... hahhaahaha....
I'm convinced Trout hits the ball harder though. Most of his home runs are a product of him using his quick compact swing of just mashing the ball around the field and they just carry over the fence because he's a good hitter. He knows he has a chance of creating a single (and then a steal), or double or triple or a walk at a much higher rate, but when he's up there with a home run mentality he has absolutely crushed balls. They're not big bloopers but they just leave the yard the way mike piazza used to...even his singles just carry like they have some kind of top spin. He's crazy, and unless people watch him they miss out on how special he is.
 
# 168 3fiddy @ 03/02/13 09:49 AM
I hope this helps man Harper had 100 hits vs rhp. Trout had 143 vs rhp. So harper had roughly 2/3 of the hits but was tied with trout for 2bs and 3bs +\- 1. Harper 20 2b vs rhp 5 triples vs rhp 16 hrs vs rhp. Trout 19 2bs vs rhp 6 3bs vsrhp 23 hrs vs rhp. Those facts are for you Cavicchi. If they tied in hits Harper would have more doubles triples and same homers. Harper doesn't have near the contact of Trout so to get a guy with near the same totals as trout but hit .270 he has to have a slight edge in power. Better contact and better power would not get you these results.

Trout hit a homer in that angels ranger vid. It's gonna be all good.
 
# 169 Cavicchi @ 03/02/13 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3fiddy
I hope this helps man Harper had 100 hits vs rhp. Trout had 143 vs rhp. So harper had roughly 2/3 of the hits but was tied with trout for 2bs and 3bs +\- 1. Harper 20 2b vs rhp 5 triples vs rhp 16 hrs vs rhp. Trout 19 2bs vs rhp 6 3bs vsrhp 23 hrs vs rhp. Those facts are for you Cavicchi. If they tied in hits Harper would have more doubles triples and same homers. Harper doesn't have near the contact of Trout so to get a guy with near the same totals as trout but hit .270 he has to have a slight edge in power. Better contact and better power would not get you these results.

Trout hit a homer in that angels ranger vid. It's gonna be all good.
Look, Slg % tells me more than what you say above. Trout had a higher Slg % and higher OPS against RHP than Harper, and that to me is the bottom line.
 
# 170 Cavicchi @ 03/02/13 11:16 AM
2012 Top 5 rated players for Slugging:

1. Giancarlo Stanton

2. Miguel Cabrera

3. Ryan Braun

4. Josh Hamilton

5. Mike Trout

Where is Harper? Harper is 45th!
 
# 171 MrOldboy @ 03/02/13 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
I believe it will affect more than online play. I think it will make a difference in franchise mode as well.
In other modes you have the option to adjust rosters. Sure it would be nice to have the ratings be a bit more accurate and less arbitrary, but since you can edit them if anyone has a disagreement with the ratings they can alter them to their liking.

For online though you have to use the SCEA roster.
 
# 172 Cavicchi @ 03/02/13 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
In other modes you have the option to adjust rosters. Sure it would be nice to have the ratings be a bit more accurate and less arbitrary, but since you can edit them if anyone has a disagreement with the ratings they can alter them to their liking.

For online though you have to use the SCEA roster.
I'm not 100% certain the game will 100% accept the edit; for example, let's say I make Trout's power vs RHP 80, or reduce Harper to 70. I still think players will play as they are coded into the game. Now I may be wrong about that, maybe, but I've seen what happens when I increased Kershaw's control rating, and it was as if I never adjusted it.

Kershaw was one example.

The other game has Trout vs RHP with 85 for power and Harper with 79. Now I'm not certain the difference is that large, something between 2-5 points higher for Trout against RHP would seem fairly accurate to me.
 
# 173 ERA @ 03/02/13 11:51 AM
Where is Cameron Maybin? I think he is a top 10 CF..

And Chase Headley is the only one on the roster with an above 90 overall.

 
# 174 nomo17k @ 03/02/13 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Why would they use minor league stats when they have major league stats to use?

Trout hit more home runs than Harper, so I don't get your point there.
I'm just relaying the fact that the player raters at SCEA would try to dig into more auxiliary info (such as minor league stats) when a particular player has had limited playing time at the MLB level. And I'm just saying *if* (I don't know for sure) SCEA did use minor league stats, Trout having rated lower than Harper in Power does make sense.

That's partly the reason SCEA rates players on weighted 3-year averages, because their strategy is to *try* to rate players based on their intrinsic abilities that could be observed over a longer time span, not just based on limited sample size like one year which can totally be dominated by injuries, luck, and other external factors.

The reason why sophomore jinx *appears* to exist is actually because of this.... people tend to notice and emphasize a great performance by a rookie, but when he performs exceptionally well, beyond well above average, it usually involves a fair amount of luck as well. So his next year, when he isn't as lucky, he regresses to his normal performance level. The resulting stats don't look as good as in the first year. And people call this sophomore jinx, when it's actually a natural result of statistical/performance fluctuation.... the result of Mother Nature... hahhahaha.

Rating players using more stats than just the first year at the MLB level avoids that kind of overrating players performing beyond their true abilities.

Not saying the resulting ratings always come out reasonably though. Rating players isn't as cut and dry as you might be thinking here, although for the purpose of making the game most aspect of rating is very systematized.

Gamers just think their know better because it always feels more accurate when a player is rated to their liking, and complain when he isn't.



Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
In other modes you have the option to adjust rosters. Sure it would be nice to have the ratings be a bit more accurate and less arbitrary, but since you can edit them if anyone has a disagreement with the ratings they can alter them to their liking.

For online though you have to use the SCEA roster.
It's really not random.... they use formulas.

... and for online leagues, you can use your own roster, though not for Play Now/game rooms....


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
I'm not 100% certain the game will 100% accept the edit; for example, let's say I make Trout's power vs RHP 80, or reduce Harper to 70. I still think players will play as they are coded into the game. Now I may be wrong about that, maybe, but I've seen what happens when I increased Kershaw's control rating, and it was as if I never adjusted it.

Kershaw was one example.

The other game has Trout vs RHP with 85 for power and Harper with 79. Now I'm not certain the difference is that large, something between 2-5 points higher for Trout against RHP would seem fairly accurate to me.
Comparison to other games like this isn't really meaningful as well... since 2 - 5 points difference in The Show isn't really the same as that in the other games.




Again, I'm just relaying the info that I've gathered from things like this site and the CD event. Not trying to stir up or being defensive or anything.
 
# 175 nomo17k @ 03/02/13 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
I'm convinced Trout hits the ball harder though. Most of his home runs are a product of him using his quick compact swing of just mashing the ball around the field and they just carry over the fence because he's a good hitter. He knows he has a chance of creating a single (and then a steal), or double or triple or a walk at a much higher rate, but when he's up there with a home run mentality he has absolutely crushed balls. They're not big bloopers but they just leave the yard the way mike piazza used to...even his singles just carry like they have some kind of top spin. He's crazy, and unless people watch him they miss out on how special he is.
Yeah...... he's such a complete player...... he's really really mature for his age.... hahah. Great years ahead of him. Agree somewhat on Piazza.... compact but powerful swing... hit for high average and can produce power.

...but I think Trout is overall a much better player. Piazza could muscle everything, but he wasn't really that skillful or athletic.... at least Tony Gwynn didn't think so highly of Piazza for similar reasons, haha....
 
# 176 Cavicchi @ 03/02/13 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I'm just relaying the fact that the player raters at SCEA would try to dig into more auxiliary info (such as minor league stats) when a particular player has had limited playing time at the MLB level. And I'm just saying *if* (I don't know for sure) SCEA did use minor league stats, Trout having rated lower than Harper in Power does make sense.

That's partly the reason SCEA rates players on weighted 3-year averages, because their strategy is to *try* to rate players based on their intrinsic abilities that could be observed over a longer time span, not just based on limited sample size like one year which can totally be dominated by injuries, luck, and other external factors.

The reason why sophomore jinx *appears* to exist is actually because of this.... people tend to notice and emphasize a great performance by a rookie, but when he performs exceptionally well, beyond well above average, it usually involves a fair amount of luck as well. So his next year, when he isn't as lucky, he regresses to his normal performance level. The resulting stats don't look as good as in the first year. And people call this sophomore jinx, when it's actually a natural result of statistical/performance fluctuation.... the result of Mother Nature... hahhahaha.

Rating players using more stats than just the first year at the MLB level avoids that kind of overrating players performing beyond their true abilities.

Not saying the resulting ratings always come out reasonably though. Rating players isn't as cut and dry as you might be thinking here, although for the purpose of making the game most aspect of rating is very systematized.

Gamers just think their know better because it always feels more accurate when a player is rated to their liking, and complain when he isn't.





It's really not random.... they use formulas.

... and for online leagues, you can use your own roster, though not for Play Now/game rooms....




Comparison to other games like this isn't really meaningful as well... since 2 - 5 points difference in The Show isn't really the same as that in the other games.




Again, I'm just relaying the info that I've gathered from things like this site and the CD event. Not trying to stir up or being defensive or anything.
Well, it isn't fair to "dig up" any minor league stats when both full rookie seasons are there to compare. It really doesn't matter what Trout did in the minors, it matters what he did last year--same as with Harper.

The only reasonable way to rate Harper and Trout is by what they both did in their first full year of major league baseball--which of course is just my opinion.
 
# 177 Cavicchi @ 03/02/13 12:41 PM
By the way, I have also criticized Chapman's rating as a Pitcher. 99 for a relief pitcher who is entering his first year as a Starter?

Neither Trout or Chapman are on my favorite team. I am just annoyed by ratings that do not make sense to me.
 
# 178 3fiddy @ 03/02/13 12:48 PM
Trout did get some abs at the MLB level in 2011. Wonder if that was entered hurt him ?
 
# 179 Cavicchi @ 03/02/13 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3fiddy
Trout did get some abs at the MLB level in 2011. Wonder if that was entered hurt him ?
Talk about nit-picking

Were both Harper and Trout rookies last year? Yes. Maybe the real reason is Trout didn't want to be on the cover? ;-)
 
# 180 nomo17k @ 03/02/13 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Well, it isn't fair to "dig up" any minor league stats when both full rookie seasons are there to compare. It really doesn't matter what Trout did in the minors, it matters what he did last year--same as with Harper.

The only reasonable way to rate Harper and Trout is by what they both did in their first full year of major league baseball--which of course is just my opinion.
When we are talking about sample size, it's well established that a one-year worth of stats isn't really large enough to evaluate player's true abilities. (Otherwise SCEA would just use one-year stats, not weighted 3-year average, to rate all players.)

I'll just give you an example how minor league stats could be useful to evaluate talents.

This player kinda struggled to stay at the MLB level for a few years, but in those four years he accumulated enough playing time to collect about a one-year worth of stats.

Code:
Year                      Age            Tm            Lg    G   PA   AB   R    H  2B 3B  HR  RBI SB CS  BB   SO   BA  OBP  SLG  OPS OPS+   TB GDP HBP SH SF IBB   Pos    Awards
1985                       21           TOR            AL   30   81   74   6   23   4  0   4   16  0  0   6   16 .311 .358 .527 .885  135   39   2   0  0  1   0               3
1986                       22           TOR            AL   34   90   83   7   13   2  0   4   13  0  0   6   27 .157 .222 .325 .548   45   27   3   1  0  0   0           D/357
1987                       23           TOR            AL   82  197  175  30   47   7  1  14   32  0  1  20   48 .269 .345 .560 .905  133   98   6   1  0  1   2            D3/5
1988                       24           TOR            AL   74  190  174  24   40   6  1   9   23  0  1  14   53 .230 .289 .431 .721  100   75   6   1  0  1   0           D3/54
You can see some flash of brilliance (he has some pop... hits some HRs.... look at 1987 haha), but other than that nothing really special.

When you look at his minor league stats, however, you can see that he's actually a decent prospect.

Code:
Year                        Age        Tm      Lg  Lev Aff   G   PA   AB   R   H  2B 3B  HR RBI SB CS  BB  SO   BA  OBP  SLG   OPS TB GDP HBP SH SF IBB
1982                         18     Butte    PION   Rk KCR  69  319  273  73  88  28  0  20  68  3  0  37  62 .322 .417 .645 1.062    176   8  0  1   7
1983                         19  Florence    SALL    A TOR 140  567  500  81 156  28  2  16  94  2  2  58  90 .312 .387 .472  .859    236   5  1  3   2
1984                         20   2 Teams   2 Lgs AA-A TOR 125  517  458  75 123  24  3  28  93  2  2  50  92 .269 .339 .517  .857    237   2  1  6  10
1985                         21 Knoxville    SOUL   AA TOR  96  414  361  52 106  26  2  18  81  0  0  45  83 .294 .372 .526  .898    190   3  0  5   3
1986                         22  Syracuse      IL  AAA TOR  88  363  325  47  91  13  3  18  68  0  0  32  91 .280 .347 .505  .852    164   3  0  3   3
He struggled enough to end up playing in Japan for a year. But when he came back

Code:
1990                       26           DET            AL  159  673  573 104  159  25  1  51  132  0  1  90  182 .277 .377 .592 .969  167  339  15   5  0  5  11   *3D ASMVP-2SS
1991                       27           DET            AL  162  712  624 102  163  25  0  44  133  0  0  78  151 .261 .347 .513 .860  133  320  17   6  0  4  12   *3D ASMVP-2SS
1992                       28           DET            AL  155  676  594  80  145  22  0  35  124  0  0  73  151 .244 .325 .458 .783  118  272  14   2  0  7   8   *3D     MVP-9
1993                       29           DET            AL  154  672  573  80  153  23  0  30  117  0  1  90  125 .267 .368 .464 .832  124  266  22   4  0  5  15   *3D  ASMVP-24
1994                       30           DET            AL  109  481  425  67  110  16  2  28   90  0  0  50  110 .259 .337 .504 .840  114  214  17   2  0  4   4            *3/D
1995                       31           DET            AL  136  578  494  70  120  18  1  31   82  0  1  75  116 .243 .346 .472 .818  111  233  17   5  0  4   8              3D
1996                       32           TOT            AL  160  688  591  85  149  20  0  39  117  2  0  87  139 .252 .350 .484 .834  108  286  18   5  0  5  12              3D
1997                       33           NYY            AL   98  425  361  40   94  15  0  13   61  0  0  51   87 .260 .358 .410 .768  101  148  14   7  0  6   3             D/3
1998                       34           TOT            AL  117  476  416  49   97  17  1  17   68  0  1  53  111 .233 .324 .401 .725   86  167  18   4  0  3   1              3D
13 Yrs                 13 Yrs        13 Yrs        13 Yrs 1470 5939 5157 744 1313 200  7 319 1008  2  6 693 1316 .255 .345 .482 .827  119 2484 169  43  0 46                  76
He ended up being quite a monster.

.... and this is Cecil Fielder, father of Prince.

in this case, what should SCEA do to create Cecil Fielder prior to his 1990 season? Using just his MLB stats from prior years would make him a one-tool guy with limited service time, which isn't really Fielder was in 1990.

Using minor league stats could help to evaluate him more appropriately in a case like this.
 


Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.