Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post


Thanks to chrisjohnson83 (who has already confirmed his legit copy of the game with me), we have screenshots of the overall team ratings for MLB 13 The Show. This includes batting, pitching and defensive team ratings.

The ratings are accurate as of the January 24th roster update, so there will probably be subtle changes before release date on March 5th.

Overall Team Rating
  • 1. Detroit Tigers
  • 2. St. Louis Cardinals
  • 3. Boston Red Sox
  • 4. Los Angeles Angels
  • 5. Toronto Blue Jays
  • 6. Texas Rangers
  • 7. Washington Nationals
  • 8. Atlanta Braves
  • 9. Cincinnati Reds
  • 10. Philadelphia Phillies
  • 11. New York Yankees
  • 12. Los Angeles Dodgers
  • 13. Colorado Rockies
  • 14. Chicago White Sox
  • 15. Arizona Diamondbacks
  • 16. Tampa Bay Rays
  • 17. San Francisco Giants
  • 18. Oakland Athletics
  • 19. Kansas City Royals
  • 20. Milwaukee Brewers
  • 21. Baltimore Orioles
  • 22. Pittsburgh Pirates
  • 23. Seattle Mariners
  • 24. Cleveland Indians
  • 25. San Diego Padres
  • 26. Minnesota Twins
  • 27. Chicago Cubs
  • 28. New York Mets
  • 29. Miami Marlins
  • 30. Houston Astros
Team Batting
  • 1. Detroit Tigers
  • 2. Los Angeles Angels
  • 3. Colorado Rockies
  • 4. Boston Red Sox
  • 5. Texas Rangers
  • 6. Toronto Blue Jays
  • 7. Cincinnati Reds
  • 8. St. Louis Cardinals
  • 9. Washington Nationals
  • 10. Los Angeles Dodgers
  • 11. New York Yankees
  • 12. Atlanta Braves
  • 13. Philadelphia Phillies
  • 14. Milwaukee Brewers
  • 15. Baltimore Orioles
  • 16. Arizona Diamondbacks
  • 17. Chicago White Sox
  • 18. Kansas City Royals
  • 19. Oakland Athletics
  • 20. Pittsburgh Pirates
  • 21. Cleveland Indians
  • 22. San Francisco Giants
  • 23. Seattle Mariners
  • 24. Tampa Bay Rays
  • 25. Miami Marlins
  • 26. New York Mets
  • 27. San Diego Padres
  • 28. Minnesota Twins
  • 29. Chicago Cubs
  • 30. Houston Astros
Team Pitching
  • 1. Philadelphia Phillies
  • 2. Washington Nationals
  • 3. Atlanta Braves
  • 4. St. Louis Cardinals
  • 5. Tampa Bay Rays
  • 6. New York Yankees
  • 7. Toronto Blue Jays
  • 8. Los Angeles Dodgers
  • 9. San Francisco Giants
  • 10. Boston Red Sox
  • 11. Cincinnati Reds
  • 12. Texas Rangers
  • 13. Detroit Tigers
  • 14. Los Angeles Angels
  • 15. Arizona Diamondbacks
  • 16. Oakland Athletics
  • 17. Chicago White Sox
  • 18. Kansas City Royals
  • 19. San Diego Padres
  • 20. Seattle Mariners
  • 21. Cleveland Indians
  • 22. Pittsburgh Pirates
  • 23. Colorado Rockies
  • 24. Milwaukee Brewers
  • 25. Baltimore Orioles
  • 26. Chicago Cubs
  • 27. Minnesota Twins
  • 28. New York Mets
  • 29. Houston Astros
  • 30. Miami Marlins
Team Defense
  • 1. New York Yankees
  • 2. Los Angeles Dodgers
  • 3. Los Angeles Angels
  • 4. Tampa Bay Rays
  • 5. Cincinnati Reds
  • 6. Philadelphia Phillies
  • 7. Atlanta Braves
  • 8. Chicago Cubs
  • 9. Baltimore Orioles
  • 10. San Francisco Giants
  • 11. Texas Rangers
  • 12. Washington Nationals
  • 13. Colorado Rockies
  • 14. St. Louis Cardinals
  • 15. Boston Red Sox
  • 16. Kansas City Royals
  • 17. Arizona Diamondbacks
  • 18. San Diego Padres
  • 19. Detroit Tigers
  • 20. Houston Astros
  • 21. Pittsburgh Pirates
  • 22. Cleveland Indians
  • 23. Seattle Mariners
  • 24. Oakland Athletics
  • 25. Miami Marlins
  • 26. Toronto Blue Jays
  • 27. Minnesota Twins
  • 28. Milwaukee Brewers
  • 29. Chicago White Sox
  • 30. New York Mets

MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 34 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Yanks22 @ 02/22/13 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
I dont know who he is, but I know when I worked at Game Crazy we got games up to 10 days early. It was VERY easy for us to play them pre-release.

Some mom & pop shops sell them early too. I guess they dont care about release dates.
Oh I know all that I've gotten the show early many times. I just wonder where he lives.
 
# 62 detfan @ 02/22/13 02:29 PM
Detroits Defense is less, although adding Hunter helped. THe pitching is way better than 13
 
# 63 Curahee @ 02/22/13 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanks22
Oh I know all that I've gotten the show early many times. I just wonder where he lives.
Im gonna take a stab in the dark and say NY or at least East Coast.
 
# 64 Officerbill8 @ 02/22/13 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamingBlake
I wonder when people will start to realize that the team who made the biggest splash in the offseason doesn't have to be one of the top rated teams and is not guaranteed to win (Marlins, Angels 2012). I mean, Braves, Jays, and Red Sox are too high. Defending champs at 17? Seriously? So those ratings are basically saying that they got lucky last year?
I totally agree. Read my post from above. The Giants have an ATROCIOUS bench. So therefore the fact they have Sandoval, Posey, Pence at 3-4-5 in the order means nothing for the show team ratings.

Also, the reason they are only ranked #9 in pitching (should be higher) is because the show goes too much off a closers overall when determining a teams overall pitching ranking. So even though the Giants have a very good bullpen in the middle/late innings (6th, 7th, 8th inning), they don't have a stud closer anymore (because of Wilson's injury problems recently)...and this is why they most likely ranked 9th in pitching in mlb 13 the show
 
# 65 Yanks22 @ 02/22/13 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
Im gonna take a stab in the dark and say NY or at least East Coast.
I live in NY called up the shop I usually grab it early from today. They said call a couple days before next weekend.
 
# 66 Curahee @ 02/22/13 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanks22
I live in NY called up the shop I usually grab it early from today. They said call a couple days before next weekend.
Did you check any open trunk shops?
Fell off the truck specials?
 
# 67 Yanks22 @ 02/22/13 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
Did you check any open trunk shops?
Fell off the truck specials?
Haven't gotten around to that
 
# 68 Officerbill8 @ 02/22/13 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by detfan
Detroits Defense is less, although adding Hunter helped. THe pitching is way better than 13
Detroit's pitching is terrific. Yes...But they are ranked 13th once again in mlb 13 because they do not have a stud closer currently (relying on a rookie/phil coke)...and since the show goes too much of a closers overall to determine a teams overall pitching; it's why they are 13th...

the evidence is overwhelming. these teams are all ranked ahead of the tigers in pitching overall and all have stud closers. (which is part of the reason they are ranked so high in pitching)

Philly - Paplebon
Nationals - Storen/Soriano
Braves - Kimbrel
Cards - Motte
Rays - Rodney
Yanks - Rivera
Red Sox - Hanrahan
Reds - Chapman

Now I would say the Tigers have better pitching than at least the Red Sox for example. But Joel Hanrahan is coming off of 2 great years as a closer. Tigers have questions at closer. Therefore, that's why you have Red Sox ranked 10th in pitching in mlb 13 and Tigers ranked 13th.
 
# 69 giantsharks @ 02/22/13 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Officerbill8
Detroit's pitching is terrific. Yes...But they are ranked 13th once again in mlb 13 because they do not have a stud closer currently (relying on a rookie/phil coke)...and since the show goes too much of a closers overall to determine a teams overall pitching; it's why they are 13th...

the evidence is overwhelming. these teams are all ranked ahead of the tigers in pitching overall and all have stud closers. (which is part of the reason they are ranked so high in pitching)

Philly - Paplebon
Nationals - Storen/Soriano
Braves - Kimbrel
Cards - Motte
Rays - Rodney
Yanks - Rivera
Red Sox - Hanrahan
Reds - Chapman

Now I would say the Tigers have better pitching than at least the Red Sox for example. But Joel Hanrahan is coming off of 2 great years as a closer. Tigers have questions at closer. Therefore, that's why you have Red Sox ranked 10th in pitching in mlb 13 and Tigers ranked 13th.
i think detroit has a better pitching staff as a whole then everyone on that list except maybe the cards, braves and nats. Maybe the phillies if the starters can regain their form. I feel like papelbon is overrated, but maybe thats just me
 
# 70 MetsFan16 @ 02/22/13 02:54 PM
It's going to be a long year with those rankings for the Metsies. I honestly don't see them being as bad as everybody says they are. Solid Rotation, Good Infield, Okay Bullpen, and even with the Bad Outfield, if guys like Duda and Kirk have good seasons, it won't be this bad. But since we are not the Yankees, everybody thinks they are the worst team in baseball above the Astros when in reality, they aren't close. I don't see this team losing 100 games. If everybody stays healthy and plays up to their talent level, I see them winning about 80 games.
 
# 71 cbenti60 @ 02/22/13 02:57 PM
Wait wait wait... what?
 
# 72 imfletcher00 @ 02/22/13 03:10 PM
Giants get undervalued again...who'd of seen that coming?

They should be top 5 in Pitching considering they have won two of three years with it.

I suppose its better this way than them being ranked like 4th in team batting in 2011 the Show. Even I couldn't stand with that.
 
# 73 sink4ever @ 02/22/13 03:25 PM
Oh good, more stuff for people to whine about.

 
# 74 earp4530 @ 02/22/13 03:25 PM
What do we all really want to see..? GAMEPLAY VIDEOS
 
# 75 NatsFan95 @ 02/22/13 03:26 PM
NATS 7?!?! BEST TEAM IN BASEBALL LAST YEAR! TOP 3 AT LEAST
 
# 76 PhilliesFan13 @ 02/22/13 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatsFan95
NATS 7?!?! BEST TEAM IN BASEBALL LAST YEAR! TOP 3 AT LEAST
Doesn't matter who the best team in baseball was. Phillies were the best team in baseball in 2011 and weren't ranked #1 in MLB 12 The Show.

Giants won the World Series and are ranked #17.
 
# 77 metsfan4life1 @ 02/22/13 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonadom
If this was my forum, this thread would not have been created. It draws the most whiniest and biased comments from fans I've ever seen.

These ratings aren't even concrete, are they ?
It's something new concerning MLB 13 the show, that's why it was posted.
 
# 78 kr49erfan @ 02/22/13 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerFanatic2K3
I know it's going to look like I'm just hating being a Dodger fan but besides the pitching there not that good overall

They won it all last year because every call and bounce went their way early on in the playoffs
You are wrong.... Early in the playoffs we were down 0-2 (Reds) and 1-3 (Cards)... We showed heart and skills and sweeped the Tigers... Makes no sense at all... I think we are not the best team but top 10 imo... It is ignant... Even Dodgers deserve better imo... Overrated in the game are the Cards and for sure the Red Sox... wth....
 
# 79 big_tone91 @ 02/22/13 03:50 PM
@Kr49erfan How are the cardinals overrated they were 1 win away from back to back World Series appearances. Man are you ignorant.
 
# 80 Rules @ 02/22/13 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catch212
Why do people get so worked up about this stuff? It's the individual player ratings that matter, people! Relax...

Because I have no life
 


Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.