After seeing all of the huge news to come out of the PlayStation 4 Announcement Event last night, how do you feel about Sony's new console? Are you planning on purchasing it day one or are you waiting?

Sound off by voting in our poll on the right on the frontpage and above you in the forums!

Member Comments
# 1 sydrogerdavid @ 02/21/13 09:56 AM
It all depends on the price.
# 2 authentic @ 02/21/13 10:00 AM
Buying it day 1.
# 3 tfctillidie @ 02/21/13 10:08 AM
shut up and take my money . gif

Excellent showing.
# 4 merchant1874 @ 02/21/13 10:31 AM
Buying as soon as I see footage of MLB the show on it and it looks awesome.
# 5 fpac @ 02/21/13 10:44 AM
I'll get one eventually but not day 1.
# 6 DethBaphomet @ 02/21/13 10:53 AM
Will make transistion once I feel comfortable. Money is not the issue, more about playing with the same people I have been playing with.
# 7 TreFacTor @ 02/21/13 11:00 AM
It's Microsofts money to lose in my opinion.

* it won't block used games
*new controller
*streaming/spectating of games
*behind the scenes games updates/installs
*Console doesn't have to be always connected

*heavy emphasis on social networking.
*no console on display
*heavy connection to ps vita
*Two models/bundles no price
*preemptive/suggested downloads taking up storage space

I won't be an early adopter of either console because I simply won't be able to afford either until it's first price drops. The games look great so far, but only two even captured that must have feeling and that was WatchDogs and Deep Down. WatchDogs is supposed to release on 360 so I'm not certain about that...
# 8 bandaidsmonster @ 02/21/13 11:00 AM
I'll wait until the slim version comes out to buy it. It will be quieter and smaller and cheaper.
# 9 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/21/13 11:19 AM
Day 1... I'm a gamer and this is what we do...
# 10 Footballforever @ 02/21/13 11:31 AM
price or no price, its mine!!!
# 11 The_Wise_One @ 02/21/13 12:04 PM
I was very optimistic but the showing underwhelmed me. Xbox will blow this out of the water
# 12 orion523 @ 02/21/13 12:09 PM
I was really impressed with the presentation overall, easily a day one reservation for me. Whether I actually go thru with the purchase or not depends strictly on the games available, especially the sports games.
# 13 Nexgenrulz @ 02/21/13 12:09 PM
Loved it! Day one purchase regardless of price. Xbox won't come close! Especially in the hardware department.
# 14 ajaxab @ 02/21/13 12:22 PM
Anyone else notice the irony of two of the games that were demoed? Both Watchdogs and Infamous: Second Son featured heavy doses of some of the issues surrounding surveillance. Yet, as a major part of the announcement, Sony emphasized just how much more the PS4 will be watching our every move. The PS4 will apparently tell us which games we want to play doing approximately the same thing the guy in the Watchdogs demo did in wandering Chicago.

What of those of us who do not want to submit ourselves to having our every move of the stick followed and tracked? I guess we see what Durango will offer, but I do wonder if the price to pay for next gen gaming will be a submission to more invasive forms of surveillance. If you don't want to be watched, you won't be able to play.
# 15 eaterofworlds888 @ 02/21/13 12:31 PM
Personally, I am a current Sony fan but I used to be big on Nintendo. If Nintendo can get there sports gaming in the right direction I actually have no use for a PS4 as I like Nintendo exclusives better. However, I know Nintendo and they most likely won't go in the right direction sports game wise. So, I probably will get one eventually. However, it also depends on the price.

I voted Mixed, and wanted to see more because price really concerns me as I really don't have a lot of money currently and really no income coming in (college)

Anyway, I also want to see where Nintendo takes their sports gaming before I eventually decide whether to buy one or not.
# 16 DubTrey1 @ 02/21/13 12:58 PM
Day 1. I buy. Looked good to me.
# 17 huntt26 @ 02/21/13 01:17 PM
Hard to tell without seeing what Microsoft has to offer.. wait and see
# 18 Vaporub83 @ 02/21/13 01:26 PM
Day 1 purchase for me. No loading equals sold
# 19 Lieutenant Dan @ 02/21/13 01:42 PM
Will buy eventually...as in when the PS4 version of The Show launches, I'll score one. No need for it at launch as I primarily game on 360 and will be getting a 720 at launch.
# 20 SageInfinite @ 02/21/13 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32_OS
Day 1... I'm a gamer and this is what we do...
^^^ This #salute.