Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post


Gamesradar has just posted their MLB 13 The Show preview, discussing Beginner Mode, camera angles, roster updates, player-specific swing animations and more.

Quote:
In terms of visual realism with the players themselves, we didn't notice any improvements with textures, but Sony was proud to show off the player-specific swing animations. While we're used to seeing sluggers' trademark stances and walks to the batter's box, this is the first MLB The Show to have the players' distinct follow-through animations of in-field hits and home runs.

For the statistics nut, the newly added The Show Live is going to ensure you'll be playing MLB 13 every day from April to October. This feature pulls the current day's stats and line-ups right off MLB.com. Teams turn in their lineups hours before the start of each game, so you could actually play that evening's game with every miniscule change factored in--say, if Josh Hamilton ended up batting seventh instead of clean up.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 35 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ParisB @ 01/24/13 04:55 PM
A lot of people will be glad to hear about the follow through animations!
 
# 2 Scott @ 01/24/13 04:58 PM
Looks amazing!!
 
# 3 seanjeezy @ 01/24/13 05:03 PM
Bryce has a two-handed follow through... That pic of CC running off the field looks nice though!
 
# 4 Curahee @ 01/24/13 05:22 PM
This is probably the most intriguing to me....

Quote:
For the statistics nut, the newly added The Show Live is going to ensure you'll be playing MLB 13 every day from April to October. This feature pulls the current day's stats and line-ups right off MLB.com. Teams turn in their lineups hours before the start of each game, so you could actually play that evening's game with every miniscule change factored in--say, if Josh Hamilton ended up batting seventh instead of clean up.
I'll be interested to see how well this works and if its for online only, offline only or both.
 
# 5 Knight165 @ 01/24/13 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Bryce has a two-handed follow through... That pic of CC running off the field looks nice though!
Bryce Harper's follow through has been changed to 2-handed in the current up to date roster to ship with the game...

Plus...you can edit the follow through for ANY player in the editor to be 1 or 2-handed.

M.K.
Knight165
 
# 6 metsfan4life1 @ 01/24/13 05:25 PM
First thing for me will be to make sure David has his two handed follow through ;D
 
# 7 seanjeezy @ 01/24/13 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Bryce Harper's follow through has been changed to 2-handed in the current up to date roster to ship with the game...

Plus...you can edit the follow through for ANY player in the editor to be 1 or 2-handed.


M.K.
Knight165
Is that something that was just changed while you guys were there, or is that completely separate from the create-a-stance option? BTW, when are you planning to do your writeup? I'm really anxious to hear about the changes to franchise!!
 
# 8 metsfan4life1 @ 01/24/13 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Is that something that was just changed while you guys were there, or is that completely separate from the create-a-stance option? BTW, when are you planning to do your writeup? I'm really anxious to hear about the changes to franchise!!
Only thing I play... I am on the edge waiting to hear much more in depth news on Franchise!
 
# 9 Factzzz @ 01/24/13 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Bryce Harper's follow through has been changed to 2-handed in the current up to date roster to ship with the game...

Plus...you can edit the follow through for ANY player in the editor to be 1 or 2-handed.

M.K.
Knight165
This is potentially the greatest news, I've ever heard for a video game!
(I know, most of you probably think it's weird that follow throughs matter to me so much, but idc).
 
# 10 bp4baseball @ 01/24/13 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Bryce Harper's follow through has been changed to 2-handed in the current up to date roster to ship with the game...

Plus...you can edit the follow through for ANY player in the editor to be 1 or 2-handed.

M.K.
Knight165

Knight, if they have a special player specific swing animation, can we still change the type of follow through? For example, if we wanted to change Bryce Harper's swing back to 1-handed, do we have to use a generic 1-handed swing?
 
# 11 Knight165 @ 01/24/13 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Is that something that was just changed while you guys were there, or is that completely separate from the create-a-stance option? BTW, when are you planning to do your writeup? I'm really anxious to hear about the changes to franchise!!
There is a nice amount of new options in the editor in relation to batting stances....walkups...and in at bat animations.

There are a couple of cool new options in the editor inasmuch as appearance.
Nothing earth shattering there...but nice.

I'll try and do a write up on everything when I'm home tomorrow.
Franchise mode additions will have to wait for the blog...PLUS...A LOT is still being worked on to balance/fine tune, so it's tough to say one way or the other definitively. I like the new additions as a start though....I can say that.

M.K.
Knight165
 
# 12 Knight165 @ 01/24/13 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
Knight, if they have a special player specific swing animation, can we still change the type of follow through? For example, if we wanted to change Bryce Harper's swing back to 1-handed, do we have to use a generic 1-handed swing?
Nope.
ANY stance can be changed back and forth at any time.
I'll list the options tomorrow in the write up.



M.K.
Knight165
 
# 13 bp4baseball @ 01/24/13 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Nope.
ANY stance can be changed back and forth at any time.
I'll list the options tomorrow in the write up.



M.K.
Knight165
Sounds great...thanks.
 
# 14 Knight165 @ 01/24/13 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRepIndiana
I know this little nugget is gonna make your roster take a little longer

I know you love getting EVERYTHING as close as possible but I can see so and so in double A ball doesn't have the right follow through becoming a pain in the buns.

Anyway this is great news.
There are actually 6 or 7 new options for AB's/stances alone in the editor this year.

I gotta hire some more help!

M.K.
Knight165
 
# 15 LC26 @ 01/24/13 06:55 PM
This drive to improved ambiance can also be found in the newly added post-season national anthems

(I hope to see a good celebration after winning the World Series)
 
# 16 Sco291 @ 01/24/13 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC26
I hope to see a good celebration after winning the World Series
Trust me, I have been asking (ok, HOPING ) for this every year since 2009.

I'm more optimistic about this for '13 than I have any other year!
 
# 17 bennyy2726 @ 01/25/13 05:06 AM
Knight, I am not a frequent poster I the forums but I am on here more than several times a day reading and anticipating updates, I do have a question, I do respect your rosters and use them every year, with MLB live and the rosters being constantly updated by the game, would that restrict us from beig able to use your rosters on MLB live? I love the feature and I've been waiting for it for a while but I appreciate your rosters more. Thanks!
 
# 18 LastActionHero @ 01/25/13 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Bryce Harper's follow through has been changed to 2-handed in the current up to date roster to ship with the game...

Plus...you can edit the follow through for ANY player in the editor to be 1 or 2-handed.

M.K.
Knight165
So does these new follow throughs just bring 1 or 2-handed options to the table or do specific players have their own follow throw like Ichiro for example?
 
# 19 Jakeness23 @ 01/25/13 09:58 AM
I was wondering if we can change pitcher animations from the windup and from the stretch because in 12 it's one or the other. And sometimes I like the way it looks from the windup but hate the way it looks from the stretch and vice versa.
 
# 20 Knight165 @ 01/25/13 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyy2726
Knight, I am not a frequent poster I the forums but I am on here more than several times a day reading and anticipating updates, I do have a question, I do respect your rosters and use them every year, with MLB live and the rosters being constantly updated by the game, would that restrict us from beig able to use your rosters on MLB live? I love the feature and I've been waiting for it for a while but I appreciate your rosters more. Thanks!

No...the roster for the new mode is specific to the mode.....you'll understand better when the devs release that blog(pretty soon).
It' going to be pretty nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
So does these new follow throughs just bring 1 or 2-handed options to the table or do specific players have their own follow throw like Ichiro for example?
The 1-2 handed option is tied into the end of the assigned stance.
You choose whatever stance you want and then choose the follow through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
I was wondering if we can change pitcher animations from the windup and from the stretch because in 12 it's one or the other. And sometimes I like the way it looks from the windup but hate the way it looks from the stretch and vice versa.
I don't think so.....perhaps they could add that next year.
Remember to suggest it!
(I guess you just did.....)

M.K.
Knight165
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.