Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post


San Francisco Giants catcher Buster Posey and Detroit Tigers third baseman Miguel Cabrera round out the candidates for the MLB 13 The Show cover, which will be voted on by fans.

Ryan Braun, Matt Kemp, Andrew McCutchen, CC Sabathia and Bryce Harper were previously announced as candidates.

Fan voting begins on January 7th and ends on January 11th at MLB.com.


If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Who are you voting for?

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 35 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 CabreraMVP @ 12/20/12 03:10 PM
Cabrera has my vote, I'm really hoping he follows through and lets me know of these secret batting tips he's talking about.
 
# 2 tvman @ 12/20/12 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CabreraMVP
Cabrera has my vote, I'm really hoping he follows through and lets me know of these secret batting tips he's talking about.
If only he could learn how to hit those 88 mph fastballs down the middle.
 
# 3 Bluejaysfan65 @ 12/20/12 03:29 PM
Does anyone know if there is going to be a canadian cover this year???

Sent using Tapatalk
 
# 4 CabreraMVP @ 12/20/12 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman
If only he could learn how to hit those 88 mph fastballs down the middle.
If only he didn't hit about 207 other pitches this year

That pitch by Romo was great, he threw like 7 straight sliders and everybody knew other one was coming. He froze me with that fastball and I was sitting at home on the couch.
 
# 5 Blzer @ 12/20/12 03:37 PM
Nice!

Ask anyone who knows me, even as a hardcore Giants fan, Posey is not my favorite player, nor is he even in my top ten. People around here will go nuts over his acclaim he has received after his first full healthy season of showing what he can do, though. I'm proud of the guy.

Plus, he's on the West Coast. We need a little somethin'. Either he or Kemp.
 
# 6 PsychoBulk @ 12/20/12 03:39 PM
Why so Blzr?

Go on Cabrera, MVP on the cover, its only right
 
# 7 CabreraMVP @ 12/20/12 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Nice!

Ask anyone who knows me, even as a hardcore Giants fan, Posey is not my favorite player, nor is he even in my top ten. People around here will go nuts over his acclaim he has received after his first full healthy season of showing what he can do, though. I'm proud of the guy.

Plus, he's on the West Coast. We need a little somethin'. Either he or Kemp.
I am the same way with Verlander. He's good and I'm glad he's on my team, but other than that, yeah. He's just there. Lol.
 
# 8 DJ @ 12/20/12 03:48 PM
I'll be voting for the ex-FSU Seminole, Buster Posey.
 
# 9 Majingir @ 12/20/12 03:56 PM
Since it's now confirmed I'll have no biased choice to vote for, guess I'll actually have to decide between the list of guys as to who to vote for.

For sure I won't vote for CC.

I'm thinking maybe vote for McCutchen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejaysfan65
Does anyone know if there is going to be a canadian cover this year???

Sent using Tapatalk
It wasn't announced until end of January that Bautista would be on cover of MLB12 in Canada, so makes me think it'd be around similar time again this year if there is Canadian cover.

Since they're having voting, I wouldn't mind voting for MLB13 cover in Canada. Options should be Lawrie,Reyes,Dickey,Johnson. No Bautista since he was on MLB12 already.
 
# 10 Sports fanantic @ 12/20/12 04:01 PM
MVPosey!!!!
 
# 11 jv35 @ 12/20/12 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CabreraMVP
I am the same way with Verlander. He's good and I'm glad he's on my team, but other than that, yeah. He's just there. Lol.
I'm the exact opposite. Verlander and Granderson will always be some of my favorite players, because I've watched them since they were in AA.

Back on topic, Vote Miggy early, vote Miggy often!
 
# 12 thaSLAB @ 12/20/12 04:05 PM
What, no frame by frame breakdown of the :05 of footage yet!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Nice!

Ask anyone who knows me, even as a hardcore Giants fan, Posey is not my favorite player, nor is he even in my top ten. People around here will go nuts over his acclaim he has received after his first full healthy season of showing what he can do, though. I'm proud of the guy.

Plus, he's on the West Coast. We need a little somethin'. Either he or Kemp.
That's not something a hardcore Giants fan would say!
 
# 13 pirates1fan @ 12/20/12 04:12 PM
I really hope Cutch gets it, but I have a feeling it will be Cabrera or Posey. I would be ok with Cabrera or Posey, but as a die hard bucco fan, I would be crushed if Cutch didn't! VOTE CUTCH!
 
# 14 seanjeezy @ 12/20/12 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
What, no frame by frame breakdown of the :05 of footage yet!?
I didn't play HR derby last year so I'm not sure if the batter wearing a hat is new, otherwise it looks like Posey is wearing a new style of batting glove, and it might just be me (and the fact that the pitcher is throwing slow) but I can actually pick up the spin on the ball (which looks a little bigger IMO but its probably due to the camera angle)...
 
# 15 Blzer @ 12/20/12 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
What, no frame by frame breakdown of the :05 of footage yet!?
Actually, that video wasn't up when I posted. That, or it didn't load up on my page at all. I was at my school when I posted earlier, so go figure. Plus, I was probably too busy working on my little cross-controller idea.

But what I saw was a ball trail and a new HRD camera angle (seeing it from the batter's point of view). I like the camera because it kind of leaves you in suspense. I don't know if I like the ball trail at all, but if there is an option to turn it off, we're all good. It looked like they were hitting a multi-colored ball, too. You could even recognize the spin more, which was kind of legit. They have the Posey stride and follow-through as well.

Quote:
That's not something a hardcore Giants fan would say!
I'm not sure what it is, but honestly I think it stems from the fact that everybody loved him before he proved himself (at least in front of them). Yeah, he showed us something, but he never proved himself. That makes it blind love, and I don't care for blind love. Probably the same reason I wasn't the biggest J.T. Snow fan. He could field, but in the later years as a Giant, that was it. Now I've watched and loved Posey since FSU, so my love kind of "went away" when everyone else jumped on his bandwagon. At least he's proven now.

I'm like that with many things, though. If we already know that someone is a highlight good player, I like to look around and find other things that are equally as good, if not better... or just become a fan of something else in general. It's like when a band releases a CD with a few singles; yeah, everyone has and loves the singles. Let's find the other hidden gems on that album that are worth loving.

EDIT: Totally realized you were talking about Kemp, not Posey haha. Well... I like some of the Dodgers players, even though I don't like the team. I like other teams less though (Cubs and Yankees, and A's before Moneyball). Anyway, I was just referring to the west coast love that is needed around here.
 
# 16 rjackson @ 12/20/12 07:27 PM
It's gotta be Cutch or Posey. Cutch is a good choice to say hey, this is a serious baseball game. Posey is popular and can do something that Cabrera can't do--play defense.
 
# 17 thaSLAB @ 12/20/12 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Actually, that video wasn't up when I posted. That, or it didn't load up on my page at all. I was at my school when I posted earlier, so go figure. Plus, I was probably too busy working on my little cross-controller idea.

But what I saw was a ball trail and a new HRD camera angle (seeing it from the batter's point of view). I like the camera because it kind of leaves you in suspense. I don't know if I like the ball trail at all, but if there is an option to turn it off, we're all good. It looked like they were hitting a multi-colored ball, too. You could even recognize the spin more, which was kind of legit. They have the Posey stride and follow-through as well.


I'm not sure what it is, but honestly I think it stems from the fact that everybody loved him before he proved himself (at least in front of them). Yeah, he showed us something, but he never proved himself. That makes it blind love, and I don't care for blind love. Probably the same reason I wasn't the biggest J.T. Snow fan. He could field, but in the later years as a Giant, that was it. Now I've watched and loved Posey since FSU, so my love kind of "went away" when everyone else jumped on his bandwagon. At least he's proven now.

I'm like that with many things, though. If we already know that someone is a highlight good player, I like to look around and find other things that are equally as good, if not better... or just become a fan of something else in general. It's like when a band releases a CD with a few singles; yeah, everyone has and loves the singles. Let's find the other hidden gems on that album that are worth loving.

EDIT: Totally realized you were talking about Kemp, not Posey haha. Well... I like some of the Dodgers players, even though I don't like the team. I like other teams less though (Cubs and Yankees, and A's before Moneyball). Anyway, I was just referring to the west coast love that is needed around here.
LOL, yeah I was referring to giving any kind of props to the Dodgers organization. My wife is from SF and I swear she genuinely hates everything LA! That being said, you can imagine the World Series was NOT a good time for me in our house

And the video breakdown comment, I was speaking in general, not specifically to you. Even tho I know you are most thorough in your observations, lol.


Sent from my LTEvo using Tapatalk 2
 
# 18 tvman @ 12/20/12 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Since it's now confirmed I'll have no biased choice to vote for, guess I'll actually have to decide between the list of guys as to who to vote for.

For sure I won't vote for CC.

I'm thinking maybe vote for McCutchen.



It wasn't announced until end of January that Bautista would be on cover of MLB12 in Canada, so makes me think it'd be around similar time again this year if there is Canadian cover.

Since they're having voting, I wouldn't mind voting for MLB13 cover in Canada. Options should be Lawrie,Reyes,Dickey,Johnson. No Bautista since he was on MLB12 already.
Or maybe Joey Votto!
 
# 19 econoodle @ 12/20/12 08:32 PM
i guess th pics are the shots that will be used for the cover boy.

The CC would look nice.
Also, wouldn't he be the first pitcher to adorn the cover?

I'll vote for him.
 
# 20 steelcityjames @ 12/20/12 10:26 PM
Cutch22!!!!!!!
 

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.