Home
NBA 2K13 News Post


For those that are curious, here is what Mike D'Antoni, coach of the Los Angeles Lakers looks like in NBA 2K13.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 73 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 keshunleon @ 11/14/12 08:49 AM
Yep, I think that was the only thing updated, oh and Warrick is on the Bobcats.
 
# 2 eaterofworlds888 @ 11/14/12 11:36 AM
despite that update not being much, they did do a good job on D'antoni
 
# 3 Goffs @ 11/14/12 12:03 PM
Did 2k add that sleeve to Gasol? They should add a sleave for Tyson Chandler....
 
# 4 Rasco11 @ 11/14/12 12:11 PM
I spy a photographer wearing shades...wtf?!? Only in LA...
 
# 5 Jrocc23 @ 11/14/12 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Did 2k add that sleeve to Gasol? They should add a sleave for Tyson Chandler....
And for Kobe & headband for Dwight.


Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
 
# 6 chadeo23 @ 11/14/12 12:41 PM
That's great....now please fix the rest of the teams coaches (Alex English on the Raptors for example. He hasn't coached the Raptors in two years, yet this is no big deal to 2k)
 
# 7 Belly_of_a_Whale @ 11/14/12 03:09 PM
I see there's still no Sacre on the bench.

Anyone know how long a player can be on a non-guaranteed contract before the team has to sign him to a guaranteed one? I'm hoping this will be the point when 2K adds all these missing players to the game.
 
# 8 LD2k @ 11/14/12 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnydot
Who cares... drop a gameplay patch.

wtf...
Separate team working on the gameplay patch.
 
# 9 zten11 @ 11/14/12 03:48 PM
Is there anyway to add D'Antoni to a roster that you have already been working on?
 
# 10 Frizzz24 @ 11/14/12 03:50 PM
I don't know for sure, but I think the reason 2k isn't adding all the players we think they should is that they ONLY add guaranteed players...which makes sense. I think someone commented in a different thread that there's only 6 guaranteed players missing...which isn't too bad.
 
# 11 sirjam @ 11/14/12 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Separate team working on the gameplay patch.
Hopefully the main thing is blocks. LD can you imagine how much fun this game would be if you could block a dunk, especially on blacktop mode.
 
# 12 yungmeaks @ 11/14/12 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
Hopefully the main thing is blocks. LD can you imagine how much fun this game would be if you could block a dunk, especially on blacktop mode.
This. Would make Blacktop a lot more fun
 
# 13 JasonMartin @ 11/14/12 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnydot
Then either start paying them overtime or hire more people. There is no excuse for you having $60 of my money for a month and a half without even tweaking offensive rebounding. Instead of one big patch, try fixing some if the core issues that make the game unplayable and do several other patches after that.

The game is barely playable. I have to sit in a zone defense all game because help defense is so terrible. My guys don'teven box out.

You are telling me that rebuilding whole courts and getting mike dantoni in the game is more important than the actual game itself? I'm sorry, but your snarky comment upset me even more than if you would have just said something like"patch coming soon".

Don't stick up for your dev team that is obviously not doing their job. I work as the head of customer service for a vps provider. I know your PR job very well, and you're not doing a good job. Give the people what they want. don't piss in my pocket and tell me it's raining.
I agree with you but 2K is probably putting everything in 1 patch because it costs 40 000 dollars to release a patch. I think they used a free one already, now they have to pay for every upcoming patch. They probably don't want to do too many... go figure. I know they have the money so they better get things fixed.

Quote:
"It costs developers a total of $40,000 to release a single patch on Xbox Live , making it a difficult platform for smaller developers to grow on.
 
# 14 chrisc724 @ 11/14/12 05:17 PM
Where did you get that quote from (source)?

If that is true, then they should try to get as many things to work properly before they release the game. Instead, they leave out glitches and bugs that they end up having to pay for in the future...
 
# 15 NINJAK2 @ 11/14/12 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin
I agree with you but 2K is probably putting everything in 1 patch because it costs 40 000 dollars to release a patch. I think they used a free one already, now they have to pay for every upcoming patch. They probably don't want to do too many... go figure. I know they have the money so they better get things fixed.
2k13's executive producer has deep pockets. Just make him pay for all the patches
 
# 16 FlashMack @ 11/14/12 05:51 PM
Now that he's on the game I started a Lakers franchise. Traded Pau, Clark, and a 14 1st to get Amare. Amare Nash and Mike reunited! In LA with Kobe and Dwight!
 
# 17 chadeo23 @ 11/14/12 06:29 PM
does this mean D'antoni is added to the game/all rosters?...or do I have to download the updated roster to have him in the game? Because that would suck if I have to remake my entire roster from scratch again just to have dantoni in the game.
 
# 18 Cavani161 @ 11/14/12 07:10 PM
Neat. I'm playing coach mode with the Lakers and see the different style of play, ball is being passed around more, and many different players are taking shots. I also looked in the coach profiles under D'Antoni and saw how his was different compared to Mike Browns.
 
# 19 rpelas1 @ 11/15/12 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnydot
Then either start paying them overtime or hire more people. There is no excuse for you having $60 of my money for a month and a half without even tweaking offensive rebounding. Instead of one big patch, try fixing some if the core issues that make the game unplayable and do several other patches after that.

The game is barely playable. I have to sit in a zone defense all game because help defense is so terrible. My guys don'teven box out.

You are telling me that rebuilding whole courts and getting mike dantoni in the game is more important than the actual game itself? I'm sorry, but your snarky comment upset me even more than if you would have just said something like"patch coming soon".

Don't stick up for your dev team that is obviously not doing their job. I work as the head of customer service for a vps provider. I know your PR job very well, and you're not doing a good job. Give the people what they want. don't piss in my pocket and tell me it's raining.
You're hilarious. You didn't have to give them your money. Don't act like you're entitled to post release support just because you spent your money on a game. Your $60 sure will go far covering all that overtime you demand these people work. 2K gives us one of the best sports games in the industry. It's a game, it's never going to perfectly replicate a NBA game. Accept that or ignore it and keep complaining. Either way, they still have your money haha

Props to 2k for their hard work. Your NBA series is far from "unplayable".
 
# 20 The_Wise_One @ 11/15/12 02:41 AM
Now they can trade pau for j smoove...
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.