Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post


The Madden NFL 13 team has decided to remove the ability to edit existing NFL player bodies for online CCMs, starting tomorrow.

As some of you noticed in the early impressions of Madden NFL 13 Title Update #3, there were issues when editing offensive and/or defensive linemen, causing arms and/or legs to get skinny or oddly shaped.

Below are tweets from the official Madden twitter account discussing their plans to disable the editing of existing player bodies in online CCM.

Quote:
(1 of 2) Due to complications editing existing NFL player bodies, this functionality will be disabled for Online CCMs starting tomorrow.

(2 of 2) This will address the player body type issues that have been seen. Created Player editing for bodies is still available.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jeremym480 @ 10/25/12 04:54 PM
Damn. I was just planning on starting a CCM this weekend. Is all editing disabled or is it appearance only? I don't really care about a players size or equipment, I just want to edit numbers.
 
# 2 NDAlum @ 10/25/12 04:57 PM
There is a screen for player bodies. I'm sure they simply removed the ability to change to that screen
 
# 3 EMbow513 @ 10/25/12 04:59 PM
Damn thats wack, the only people that had the skinny arm glitch was the o-d lineman. so i dont think they should take it out
 
# 4 Kwazi813 @ 10/25/12 05:11 PM
Probably for the best.

I never edited bodies though, I thought for the most part they got those right. I just change equipment to what they wear on game days, so I should be ok.

The only body I thought was really off was Fitz...he looks like he has a giant belly on my game.
 
# 5 jeremyp1223 @ 10/25/12 05:42 PM
If you edit there posititon it slims them down too, so just taking out body editing won't fix it.
 
# 6 azdawgpound @ 10/25/12 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwazi813
Probably for the best.

I never edited bodies though, I thought for the most part they got those right. I just change equipment to what they wear on game days, so I should be ok.

The only body I thought was really off was Fitz...he looks like he has a giant belly on my game.
its also has to do with editing equipment as well they had a picture posted on pastapadre all he did was gave an olineman a visor and it changed his body size etc.
 
# 7 seventwenty3 @ 10/25/12 06:29 PM
You know what they say, if it's broke, remove it.
 
# 8 SGMRock @ 10/25/12 06:31 PM
Ya once I found this bug I restarted my offline ccm again cuz I had already saved the thing, lucky I had only played 3 pre season games so didn't lose much. i have an online ccm I was on season 3 but was holding off on doing anything with that for a while till all the bugs are worked out.
 
# 9 DeuceDouglas @ 10/25/12 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyp1223
If you edit there posititon it slims them down too, so just taking out body editing won't fix it.
Maybe by removing the ability to edit bodies, it will make sure players bodies aren't touched by editing anything.
 
# 10 bigdfan76 @ 10/25/12 06:51 PM
Seriously... So if I want the abilty to edit players within CCM whatsoever, I have to play offline CCM where the depth charts and fromation subs re-set after/before every game or practice. "Here you go football lover, pick which broken *** game mode you want to play." If it's in the game...we'll see if we can manage not to F it up, and if we do we won't fix it we will just remove it. Thanks EA, enjoy my $60.
 
# 11 bigdfan76 @ 10/25/12 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Maybe by removing the ability to edit bodies, it will make sure players bodies aren't touched by editing anything.
Good point. Not that I think any one will bother but can we get confirmation? Will it be the edit player feature entirely or just the body/arm/etc. sizes? And if we have an existing online CCM where we have done editing, will those edits revert back to normal, or not?
 
# 12 La Verite @ 10/25/12 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventwenty3
You know what they say, if it's broke, remove it.
Also that other new one: EA is damned if they do and damned if they don't.
 
# 13 bigdfan76 @ 10/25/12 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UC Bearcat
Lol. Body editing has never been in madden anyway..

And It doesn't say they're removing equipment editing
Quote:
This will address the player body type issues that have been seen. Created Player editing for bodies is still available.

I didn't read this the first time around, my bad. Cool. So this will fix the issue and I can still edit equipment, pos, and jersey #s.

 
# 14 roll2tide @ 10/25/12 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by La Verite
Also that other new one: EA is damned if they do and damned if they don't.
Well, when doing nothing doesn't work and your incapable of doing most things you try properly.....most of us realize at this point that we probably need to be doing something else.

just sayin
 
# 15 Airdrop01 @ 10/25/12 11:22 PM
I believe what DeuceDouglas said is correct.

However, my judgement could be impaired from the strain of trying to comprehend the real life Chiefs dilemma I have taken my family to see every home game for years on end.
 
# 16 nyrangers81 @ 10/26/12 12:25 AM
So will they release a patch to fix offline ccm?
 
# 17 MotorCityManiac @ 10/26/12 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Damn. I was just planning on starting a CCM this weekend. Is all editing disabled or is it appearance only? I don't really care about a players size or equipment, I just want to edit numbers.
Well lets see...

Since you still were unable to change a players position (unless that position started with the words "right" or "left"). And you still can't change a number then that leaves...

Oh yeah! You can still change what college they went to! Awesome! Im so looking forward to making sure Calvin Johnson went to Georgia instead of Georgia Tech!

SMH
 
# 18 MotorCityManiac @ 10/26/12 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrangers81
So will they release a patch to fix offline ccm?
Just look at this?

People have owned the game now for 2 months...and they end up just "waiting for patches" that do more damage then they help.

Your best bet is to sell the game and save yourself stress, I just played Dishonored and had the time of my life.
 
# 19 La Verite @ 10/26/12 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrangers81
So will they release a patch to fix offline ccm?
At this point? Nope
 
# 20 havokeff @ 10/26/12 04:00 AM
I'm interested in this and to see how it works, because the glitch takes effect the second you enter the edit screen. It doesn't matter if you make 10 changes or 1 change or if it is a number change or a face mask change, if you hit the "Accept & Continue" button, the glitch enacts.
 

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.