Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post


It looks like Madden NFL 13 title update #3, which was scheduled to arrive tomorrow, is 1 day early and available now for 360 users, weighing in at 19MB.

*UPDATE: PS3 title update is available now, weighing in at 52MB.

For those that missed out on what the title update contains, check it out below or read more about it here.

Feature Additions:

Custom Rosters Offline: Added the ability to start an offline career with a custom roster.

Connected Careers Edit Player: Added the ability to edit gear and information for players in a league.

Coach Mode in Connected Careers: Added the ability to use coach mode in Connected Careers.

Changing Schemes in Connected Careers: Added the ability to change offensive and defensive schemes as a coach.

Offline Play Along in Connected Careers: Added the ability for multiple people to join a CCM game. This applies to coaches only.

Draft Clock: Added a draft clock during the draft that is displayed on screen if you leave the draft interface to view rosters, depth charts, etc.

Draft Filter: Added a filter to the draft screen to display players that have been drafted.

Connected Careers Practice XP: Added the ability for user controlled players to earn extra XP in practice mode through the stats they accumulate.
Gameplay Tuning:
  • Fixed an issue where WRs were dropping too many passes when playing on All Madden difficulty setting.
  • Fixed an issue where it was too easy to time the kick meter on FGs and PATs in user vs. user games.
  • Fixed an issue where punt returners were moving away from the landing spot if you called a fair catch while letting the CPU control the player.
  • Fixed an issue where someone who attempted to bull rush with the R stick once the ball was snapped activated run commit.
Commentary:
  • Added over a dozen logic fixes to make our commentary more intelligent.
Presentation:
  • Fixed an issue where specific offensive player celebrations were not triggering.
  • Fixed an issue where the referee was backwards when calling a penalty.
  • Fixed an issue with the Giants away uniforms (missing a sleeve stripe).
Connected Careers:
  • Fixed an issue where Offline Gameplay AI/Logic did not match the logic in Play Now.
  • Fixed an issue where playing the game on All-Madden is too easy.
  • Fixed an issue where changing the camera setting in CCM game works for single player.
  • Fixed an issue where League Sliders had limited impact on difficulty.
  • Fixed an issue where the Accelerated Clock did not function in an online CCM game when the option was set to On.
  • Fixed an issue where you could not turn on/off GameFlow in CCM.
  • Fixed an issue where you were unable to sign Free Agents during the season.
  • Fixed an issue where 'Starting a League' would reset Player Schemes.
  • Fixed an issue where after declining a trade offer, you are no longer able to accept or decline another offer.
  • Fixed an issue where you could exploit supersim to run the game clock indefinitely.
  • Fixed some spelling and polish issues in the News and Twitter.
  • Fixed an issue where a coach could make a contract offer to a user controlled player.
  • Fixed an issue where you are forced to select a throwing style for a created player that is not a QB.
  • Fixed an issue where turning Auto-Start to off does not save week to week.
  • Fixed an issue where you can see rookie overall ratings by accessing the player card of the prospect through Team Needs.
  • Fixed an issue where changing Auto-Sub Frequency does not change the correct data.
  • Fixed an issue where the profanity filter was preventing offline players from typing in their names.
  • Fixed an issue where you can draft a player and then trade down while the draft is paused. The issue resulted in the user keeping both the traded picks and drafted player.
Stability:
  • Fixed numerous crashes.
  • Fixed an issue with the in-game pause menu disappearing.
Madden Ultimate Team:
  • Changed the Packs button to Store Button.
  • Condensed Leaderboards and Help menus.
  • Implemented the ability to view videos from the hub.
  • Implemented Store Panel Changes.
  • Moved Auctions/Trades to a separate menu option.
  • Fixed several Solo Challenge exploits
Playbooks:
  • Fixed an issue where theHail Mary formation in a custom playbook had a blank play that resulted in a broken formation and invisible players if selected.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 cubsfan128 @ 10/15/12 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
WOW!

I just downloaded this patch, restarted an offline CCM, and man... what a difference. Madden 12 is going to have a hard time staying in my XBOX. CCM game play feels excellent. The sliders work guys, CPU play calling logic is better, fatigue and auto subs work.

There are a few disappointments though. You can only select your teams uniforms and can't watch CPU vs CPU games.

As one of Madden 13's harshest critics, I can tell you that this patch made a vast improvement. I only played one game, and may see differently after a few more, but right now... just WOW!


Is the amount of Rushes by the CPU toned down?
 
# 2 therizing02 @ 10/15/12 09:13 AM
Any options for getting this patch without XBOX Live?
 
# 3 Steve_OS @ 10/15/12 09:14 AM
Player editing (this is what you CAN edit)

Position
Jersey #
Handedness
College

Weight
Chest Size
Arm Size
Arm Definition
Belly Size
Rear Size
Thigh Size
Calf Size
Shoe Size

Helmet Type
Face Mask
Visor
Face Marks
Neck Pad
Pad Height
Pad Width
Sleeves
Back Plate
Flak Jacket
Arm Sleeves
Left Elbow
Right Elbow
Left Wrist
Right Wrist
Left Hand
Right Hand
Hand Warmer
Towel
Thigh Pads
Knee Pads
Left Ankle
Right Ankle
Sock Height
Shoes
 
# 4 ExtremeGamer @ 10/15/12 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
WOW!

I just downloaded this patch, restarted an offline CCM, and man... what a difference. Madden 12 is going to have a hard time staying in my XBOX. CCM game play feels excellent. The sliders work guys, CPU play calling logic is better, fatigue and auto subs work.

There are a few disappointments though. You can only select your teams uniforms and can't watch CPU vs CPU games.

As one of Madden 13's harshest critics, I can tell you that this patch made a vast improvement. I only played one game, and may see differently after a few more, but right now... just WOW!
The patch just came out, how do you know the CPU playcalling logic is better? Seems way to quick to make that call.
 
# 5 tfctillidie @ 10/15/12 09:20 AM
Can someone confirm if changing sliders/settings wipe all league injuries?
 
# 6 ABR173rd @ 10/15/12 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Player editing (this is what you CAN edit)

Position
Jersey #
Handedness
College

Weight
Chest Size
Arm Size
Arm Definition
Belly Size
Rear Size
Thigh Size
Calf Size
Shoe Size

Helmet Type
Face Mask
Visor
Face Marks
Neck Pad
Pad Height
Pad Width
Sleeves
Back Plate
Flak Jacket
Arm Sleeves
Left Elbow
Right Elbow
Left Wrist
Right Wrist
Left Hand
Right Hand
Hand Warmer
Towel
Thigh Pads
Knee Pads
Left Ankle
Right Ankle
Sock Height
Shoes
Steve,

Is this referring to what you can edit in CCM? From my understanding we would be able to edit player attributes before starting a CCM and then start a CCM using the edited roster?
 
# 7 Steve_OS @ 10/15/12 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
Steve,

Is this referring to what you can edit in CCM? From my understanding we would be able to edit player attributes before starting a CCM and then start a CCM using the edited roster?
Looks like you can edit them at any time. I simmed through week 2 and I can still edit the same things.
 
# 8 Nexgenrulz @ 10/15/12 09:27 AM
Are they going to fix the PS3 version when trying to quit the game?? Double beep hard reset. It's rendered the game unplayable.
 
# 9 roadman @ 10/15/12 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
The patch just came out, how do you know the CPU playcalling logic is better? Seems way to quick to make that call.
I played less than a game, but it was enough to convince me.

I started a offline CCM and 1st season game, Packers vs Niners.

Niners are usually a conservative team.

On three different times, they passed the ball on first down 4 times.

I didn't check late game logic, but looks like they hit it on play calling for the CPU.

This was all-pro no slider changes.
 
# 10 cubsfan128 @ 10/15/12 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexgenrulz
Are they going to fix the PS3 version when trying to quit the game?? Double beep hard reset. It's rendered the game unplayable.
I thought it was just a problem with my ps3. I wouldn't say it has rendered the game unplayable though. You can just Quit the Game first and then Turn off the system
 
# 11 trigga58 @ 10/15/12 09:31 AM
Why don't you question ask'ers go download the patch and try the game out?
 
# 12 roadman @ 10/15/12 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trigga58
Why don't you question ask'ers go download the patch and try the game out?
They might be at work, though.
 
# 13 at23steelers @ 10/15/12 09:34 AM
Does the CPU still call timeouts at 1:01? Also, any difference with the amount of penalties called? PI slider work now?
 
# 14 PhillipAlpha @ 10/15/12 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trigga58
Why don't you question ask'ers go download the patch and try the game out?
I got a PS3 - so no matter how much i want to try it out, i cant.
 
# 15 ABR173rd @ 10/15/12 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I played less than a game, but it was enough to convince me.

I started a offline CCM and 1st season game, Packers vs Niners.

Niners are usually a conservative team.

On three different times, they passed the ball on first down 4 times.

I didn't check late game logic, but looks like they hit it on play calling for the CPU.

This was all-pro no slider changes.

Roadman,


How was the difficulty on All-Pro in comparison to the sliders you were using? I am assuming you started a new CCM after the patch? How big is the difference between All Pro difficulty before the patch versus after in CCM?
 
# 16 roadman @ 10/15/12 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
Roadman,


How was the difficulty on All-Pro in comparison to the sliders you were using? I am assuming you started a new CCM after the patch? How big is the difference between All Pro difficulty before the patch versus after in CCM?
Actually, ABR, I'm going to delete what I just started. All I wanted to find out if CCM was similar to play now.

I used somebody's sliders in the slider section that didn't move the sliders much pre-patch. I haven't popped in Madden for about 3 weeks prior to today.

I will say that I thought all pro today felt like Play Now prior to the patch, but it's a small sample size, I didn't finish the 1st quarter.

Just wanted to see if the play calling was different with the CPU and it was.
 
# 17 Boltman @ 10/15/12 09:50 AM
Downloaded it just to play a game in a quickly created CCM, roadman is pretty spot on.

I can't wait to get home from work today and start a new offline CCM.

Game played pretty good, didn't check for editing attributes though, just equipment. I'm assuming you can now create a player (or players) for a custom roster file and then use it to start an offline CCM.
 
# 18 tril @ 10/15/12 09:51 AM
cameraangles in offline ccm___can you change them.
 
# 19 DirtyJerz32 @ 10/15/12 09:55 AM
Can someone check on the coach mode part during CCM? Is it like NCAA's coach mode?
 
# 20 Big FN Deal @ 10/15/12 09:57 AM
If anybody with the patch gets the chance could you please check out "coach mode" in the game play settings for CCM/Play Now and see if it's a true coach mode where the User does NOT control any players, just playcalling, not the auto QB stuff of the past? Thanks.

DirtyJerz32_OS just beat me to it, lol.
 

« Previous1234567894647Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.