Home
NBA 2K13 News Post



If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Quote:
In the latest episode of "Talkin' 2K" with the Lucas Brothers, Blake Griffin is argued to be the greatest dunker of all-time when an unexpected caller joins the debate.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 mreyes930 @ 09/26/12 10:26 AM
Check MJ out in the last clip. Flys right over Muggsy haha. Too Cool.
 
# 2 Kprodigy1 @ 09/26/12 01:04 PM
Ummmmm Vince Carter???
 
# 3 VDusen04 @ 09/26/12 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kprodigy1
Ummmmm Vince Carter???
Haha, I'm thinking that's the same thought that came across a lot of people's minds there. But, not being a classic player and not being a cover guy, VC found himself in no-man's land in terms of earning a notice on an official product.
 
# 4 Chairman7w @ 09/26/12 01:12 PM
God I hate that hipster fashion look.

(Old guys checking back out)
 
# 5 Ionowut @ 09/26/12 01:16 PM
I'm sick of the Blake Griffin hype. I'd take Dominique Wilkins, Vince Carter, MJ etc over Blake anyday.
 
# 6 d11king @ 09/26/12 01:17 PM
Sorry for being harsh, but to this day, I still believe jumping over the hood of a car and dunking is not impressive when you're 6'9.
 
# 7 VDusen04 @ 09/26/12 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d11king
Sorry for being harsh, but to this day, I still believe jumping over the hood of a car and dunking is not impressive when you're 6'9.
I actually thought his very first attempt of the contest was the most impressive thing he pulled off all night (I mean that in a complementary way). Jumping over the hood of a Kia? Not so much. Had he pulled this one off though... whew... :

 
# 8 eaterofworlds888 @ 09/26/12 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionowut
I'm sick of the Blake Griffin hype. I'd take Dominique Wilkins, Vince Carter, MJ etc over Blake anyday.
agreed. Blake is a great dunker, but that's about where it ends. I think he's one of the most overrated in the game right now. Come Tuesday I'm pickin a Derrick Rose case
 
# 9 InRodWeTrust @ 09/26/12 03:26 PM
No love for Jason Richardson?
 
# 10 hear me now @ 09/26/12 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionowut
I'm sick of the Blake Griffin hype. I'd take Dominique Wilkins, Vince Carter, MJ etc over Blake anyday.
Shawn Kemp was better too.
 
# 11 squeakybirnbaum @ 09/26/12 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
agreed. Blake is a great dunker, but that's about where it ends. I think he's one of the most overrated in the game right now. Come Tuesday I'm pickin a Derrick Rose case
Most guys that are just great dunkers don't average 21 and 11.
 
# 12 HowDareI @ 09/26/12 03:41 PM
If I was 6'11 I could jump over a car hood too..wait, I'm 5'11 and can do that lol

Now, if he would have jumped over a Bentley I woulda been more impressed, who cares if you put a dent in a Kia?

My favorite dunker of all time is Amare though, back on the Suns..just my opinion.
 
# 13 Zacheas012 @ 09/26/12 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InRodWeTrust
No love for Jason Richardson?
Jason Richardson: off the backboard between the legs, bounce pass to himself to between the legs backwards? Yeah but I think they're using in-game dunks as well, & I don't think he's up there with MJ or VC, or maybe even Blake.
 
# 14 Superbone @ 09/26/12 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
If I was 6'11 I could jump over a car hood too..wait, I'm 5'11 and can do that lol

Now, if he would have jumped over a Bentley I woulda been more impressed, who cares if you put a dent in a Kia?

My favorite dunker of all time is Amare though, back on the Suns..just my opinion.
Yep, he definitely came to my mind. He was one of the great power dunkers before microfracture surgery happened. He even had some nice power dunks afterward in a Suns uni.
 
# 15 Biagas @ 09/26/12 05:45 PM
he's a good dunker and great slasher and rebounder. he's raw but he's OK.
 
# 16 egkb2753 @ 09/26/12 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
agreed. Blake is a great dunker, but that's about where it ends. I think he's one of the most overrated in the game right now. Come Tuesday I'm pickin a Derrick Rose case
That's where it ends? I'm sorry, but that is the farthest thing from being accurate. Players who can only dunk don't put up the numbers that he does, and you can't argue that. If you look at all the contestants in the dunk contest from the past 10-15 years, I promise you at least half of them were either average players or were bench riders. Just look who Blake competed against in the 2011 contest: Demar Derozan (nice player with a good skill set but hasn't performed extremely well and who really knows how high his ceiling is), Javale McGee (self explanatory), and Serge Ibaka (excellent defender and great athlete but is by no means a star). Blake outperforms all of them on a nightly basis and has far more potential as well. He isn't just a dunker, he's a very good all around player. Is he a superstar? No, and people do need to understand that the word superstar should not be thrown around recklessly, as it should be reserved for the players who are head and shoulders better than their peers aka LeBron, KD, D-Wade, Kobe etc.

In the end, while Blake doesn't deserved to be dubbed a superstar just yet, one could believe he could ascend into that category in a year or two. He could end up being just a better version of Shawn Kemp, but I think his future is much brighter than that.
 
# 17 HowDareI @ 09/26/12 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by egkb2753
That's where it ends? I'm sorry, but that is the farthest thing from being accurate. Players who can only dunk don't put up the numbers that he does, and you can't argue that. If you look at all the contestants in the dunk contest from the past 10-15 years, I promise you at least half of them were either average players or were bench riders. Just look who Blake competed against in the 2011 contest: Demar Derozan (nice player with a good skill set but hasn't performed extremely well and who really knows how high his ceiling is), Javale McGee (self explanatory), and Serge Ibaka (excellent defender and great athlete but is by no means a star). Blake outperforms all of them on a nightly basis and has far more potential as well. He isn't just a dunker, he's a very good all around player. Is he a superstar? No, and people do need to understand that the word superstar should not be thrown around recklessly, as it should be reserved for the players who are head and shoulders better than their peers aka LeBron, KD, D-Wade, Kobe etc.

In the end, while Blake doesn't deserved to be dubbed a superstar just yet, one could believe he could ascend into that category in a year or two. He could end up being just a better version of Shawn Kemp, but I think his future is much brighter than that.
He has no back to basket move, he can't really dribble that well, terrible shot blocker, not really a great rebounder (just uses his hops). He's not like Amare when he was young..that's why he's still pretty good now that he's had surgery and lost most of his jumping ability. Blake is having injury problems already, before he even develops a true go to move..
 
# 18 liodeesxalf @ 09/26/12 08:34 PM
c'mon obviously the best dunker of all time is VC (although you could make a case for Shawn Kemp and Jason Richardson). his dunks were just more aesthetically pleasing. he would often dunk the ball after reaching the apex of his jump, like while on the way down, which gave the impression that of him hanging in the air longer. This also required full extension of his limbs and having to contort his body in midair and at various angles, which makes dunks look more awesome. and a lot of the dunks he did were more technically challenging.

griffin's dunks...idk they don't really have much of this. He does throw it down with a lot of power, and usually on people, which gives them a greater "OOOOOOOH" factor.

Shawn Kemp though, now his had both flash AND power
 
# 19 Portertrain @ 09/26/12 08:40 PM
Please tell me we are not stuck with the same Jordan dunk animations , Jordan dunking over Muggsy from the free throw line in traffic .... C'mon unrealistic .
 
# 20 J_Posse @ 09/26/12 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
He has no back to basket move, he can't really dribble that well, terrible shot blocker, not really a great rebounder (just uses his hops). He's not like Amare when he was young..that's why he's still pretty good now that he's had surgery and lost most of his jumping ability. Blake is having injury problems already, before he even develops a true go to move..
The bolded parts are completely false. The guy has quality handles for a bigman and is definitely a great rebounder.


It can be argued that he's already a better player than Amar'e ever was. Stoudemire only advantage is mid-range shooting, while Griffin is a better passer, rebounder and ball-handler. They are both below average defensively which is sad because of their physical tools.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.