Home
NBA 2K13 News Post



If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Thanks to Tweefin123!

UPDATE: It looks like some of the ratings aren't accurate, based off of NBA 2K13 player ratings that have already been revealed.

UPDATE #2: Looks like the video was pulled, but we have it up locally. Thanks to bigball12.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 ManhattanBeachLakers @ 09/26/12 10:18 PM
2 other things I noticed:

1. Derrick Williams' rating dropped to a 69. Not sure why.

2. Donte Greene is on the Nets in the video. He is NOT on the Nets in real life, he was simply rumored to go there. He is a free agent.
 
# 142 theycallmeZZ @ 09/26/12 10:20 PM
They should at least rate Jonas as what they would have rated him at a 5th pick last year...

What were Thompson and Vesely's ratings out of the box? Should be something in between AT LEAST
 
# 143 ManhattanBeachLakers @ 09/26/12 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmeZZ
They should at least rate Jonas as what they would have rated him at a 5th pick last year...

What were Thompson and Vesely's ratings out of the box? Should be something in between AT LEAST
Yeah I wasn't even factoring in the fact that Jonas was 5th overall, wow, horrible rating by 2k13. Jonas deserves at least a 68 and I'm not even a Raps fan.
 
# 144 Majingir @ 09/26/12 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmeZZ
Did you even watch him play last year? At EuroBasket and the EuroLeague?
He should have been in the mid 60s. Even during the NBA Draft, the guys there were saying that if he was in the 2012 draft, JV would have likely gone 2nd.
 
# 145 iNolaNightmare @ 09/26/12 10:29 PM
The NBA's most improved player, Ryan Anderson gets a two point boost, 67 to a 69.

Woopdy doo.
 
# 146 ManhattanBeachLakers @ 09/26/12 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare
The NBA's most improved player, Ryan Anderson gets a two point boost, 67 to a 69.

Woopdy doo.
I'm on 2k's side on this one, Anderson does NOTHING except shoot 3's and rebound a tiny bit. Horrible defender and shot blocker, what did you want 2k to do, boost the stuff that he's not good at?
 
# 147 ClevelandFan @ 09/26/12 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmeZZ
Did you even watch him play last year? At EuroBasket and the EuroLeague?
Did you watch him in the Olympics, the only time he's faced above mediocre talent?

And Tristan was a 66 to start 2k12. Dont remember Vesely.
 
# 148 theycallmeZZ @ 09/27/12 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandFan
Did you watch him in the Olympics, the only time he's faced above mediocre talent?

And Tristan was a 66 to start 2k12. Dont remember Vesely.

EuroBasket had mediocre talent?

Tell that to Dirk Nowitzki, Chris Kaman, Joakim Noah, Pau Gasol, etc...

And yes, I did watch the Olympics. Check out JWiLL02's earlier comment about his limited minutes.
 
# 149 Naismithball @ 09/27/12 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmeZZ
EuroBasket had mediocre talent?

Tell that to Dirk Nowitzki, Chris Kaman, Joakim Noah, Pau Gasol, etc...
When did Chris Kaman or Joakim Noah play in Europe? They came out of college.

Also, this no Dr. J, Kareem, or Webber thing is really a bummer. I'm A LOT less excited for 2K13 now. I guess I'll have to hang onto 2K11 an 12 for classic roster stuff still. Holding out hope that maybe they're hidden on the disk still or something. Man this sucks.
 
# 150 theycallmeZZ @ 09/27/12 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naismithball
When did Chris Kaman or Joakim Noah play in Europe? They came out of college.

Eurobasket... not Euroleague...

Noah played for France and Kaman played for Germany
 
# 151 Mauer4MVP @ 09/27/12 10:00 AM
Iman Shumpert an 80 lol. That may be the worst rating in the history of NBA video game ratings. Seriously embarrassing.
 
# 152 marlo stanfield @ 09/27/12 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
No one knows for sure(as far as OS goes, 2k knows). BigBall12 said he did not think you could assign classic players to current rosters, but he didn't try so we can't be for sure. I tweeted Ronnie and asked but he hasn't answered(probably won't, no shock there). At this point we have to wait and see if someone gets the game early and can tell us for certain, or wait and see if 2k answers(don't hold your breathe).
if you can add the legends to an online draft you should be able to add legends to the current teams
 
# 153 Wildcats302 @ 09/27/12 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stanfield
if you can add the legends to an online draft you should be able to add legends to the current teams
Do you mean online fantasy draft? Good point if so. No reason to think you could not off-line draft as well and in general I'd say/hope.
 
# 154 marlo stanfield @ 09/27/12 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzz24
Looking forward to the patches and roster updates...as well as the talented gamers who create additional classic teams. Personally, I think 2K should consider including EVERY team who has ever played in the NBA Finals from 1965-present. Even have the Finals logo on the courts for each team??? Again, guess I'm just old school.
that would be dope... i only played the legend showcase online cause i felt the defense was better in that mode. I got tired of playing rank games with todays teams. I was killing cats with the Lakers with the current rosters and on the legend showcase i was destroying dudes with drexler getting over 70ppg with him
 
# 155 ClevelandFan @ 09/27/12 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Iman Shumpert an 80 lol. That may be the worst rating in the history of NBA video game ratings. Seriously embarrassing.
Agreed...........
 
# 156 RealCavsFan @ 09/27/12 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Iman Shumpert an 80 lol. That may be the worst rating in the history of NBA video game ratings. Seriously embarrassing.
Meanwhile, rookie of the year, future superstar (or current superstar according to Kevin Durant) Kyrie Irving is rated an 83. This is a complete joke. It's bad enough trying to use the Cavs vs. all of the stacked teams online but they gave a complete stud an 83? Kyrie is an 85 easily, and by the end of the season the world will know how good he is. I hope they open their eyes and bump his rating up as he ****s on people this year. 89 by the end of the season...

Anderson Varajao is a 73? He almost made the all star team last year and was an absolute beast. He was a double double machine. So I have an 83, a 73, and a bunch of other **** players to play with now? Wow.

Let's hope these aren't the final ratings. Not to mention they don't even have Alonzo Gee on the roster.
 
# 157 gator3guy @ 09/27/12 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManhattanBeachLakers

- Delonte West 76 as a PG. When you switch him to SG (his natural position), I guarantee he'll be over 80. NBA 2k13 quietly boosted Delonte West' rating for some odd reason.
He was a beast in 2k12 as it was.
 
# 158 ClevelandFan @ 09/27/12 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCavsFan
Meanwhile, rookie of the year, future superstar (or current superstar according to Kevin Durant) Kyrie Irving is rated an 83. This is a complete joke. It's bad enough trying to use the Cavs vs. all of the stacked teams online but they gave a complete stud an 83? Kyrie is an 85 easily, and by the end of the season the world will know how good he is. I hope they open their eyes and bump his rating up as he ****s on people this year. 89 by the end of the season...

Anderson Varajao is a 73? He almost made the all star team last year and was an absolute beast. He was a double double machine. So I have an 83, a 73, and a bunch of other **** players to play with now? Wow.

Let's hope these aren't the final ratings. Not to mention they don't even have Alonzo Gee on the roster.
If it's like last year, you can just win games with Gee alone lol. He was a monster in 2K12.
 
# 159 RealCavsFan @ 09/27/12 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandFan
If it's like last year, you can just win games with Gee alone lol. He was a monster in 2K12.
Yeah Gee is an absolute beast in 2k! I hope they patch him in on day 1...

He could be rated a 50 and I'd still take over games with him hahahah.
 
# 160 Mauer4MVP @ 09/27/12 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCavsFan
Meanwhile, rookie of the year, future superstar (or current superstar according to Kevin Durant) Kyrie Irving is rated an 83. This is a complete joke. It's bad enough trying to use the Cavs vs. all of the stacked teams online but they gave a complete stud an 83? Kyrie is an 85 easily, and by the end of the season the world will know how good he is. I hope they open their eyes and bump his rating up as he ****s on people this year. 89 by the end of the season...

Anderson Varajao is a 73? He almost made the all star team last year and was an absolute beast. He was a double double machine. So I have an 83, a 73, and a bunch of other **** players to play with now? Wow.

Let's hope these aren't the final ratings. Not to mention they don't even have Alonzo Gee on the roster.
I hear you on Kyrie, but realize that the gap that you suggested is only 2, while Shumpert's may be 9-11 points less.

Varajao I think is a good rating. He isn't going to dominate a game, but he will be consistent. I think a 75 would probably be just.

I think Pek's rating at 74 is worse. He has that ability to put 24 and 12 in a game.
 


Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.