Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post


As announced yesterday, EA Sports has added the fantasy draft into Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers for online users today. They hope to bring it to offline users in the future. Read all about it, right here.

Quote:
Once you start the draft, the draft order for the first round will be completely random, with the rest of the draft following the traditional “snake” like a fantasy draft. Each participant will have 45 seconds to make their picks and the draft will consists of 54 picks per team. So, you’ll need to cut one player before the start of the season. You will have the option to pause the draft or simply auto pick the rest of the draft at any point if you and your friends only want to draft a certain number of rounds.

Once the draft is completed, the league will move on as you’re accustomed to in a typical Connected Careers league. It is worth calling out the salaries of the players drafted in the Fantasy Draft will all be the same per round so that everyone is on an even playing field. Contracts start at 5 years/12M per year for a first round pick and ramp down to 1 year/500K per year. Another cool feature about this new setup is that you’ll still be doing your annual draft and adding the dynamic rookie draft classes with backstories into your league each year. There’s much more that you’ll find along the way, but I wanted to give you the basics.

Madden NFL 13 rosters are also available today. Week 2 rosters are available for Play Now (offline/online) while Connected Career users get the original 53-man rosters, which were released last week for Play Now. More details can be found here.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 hiboi214 @ 09/14/12 10:49 AM
Sweet can't wait to check it out

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
 
# 2 whispered @ 09/14/12 10:51 AM
hey is it possible you can upload update for people without live?
 
# 3 ProbieByKO @ 09/14/12 10:56 AM
Is the final 53 man roster also available for Offline CCM?
 
# 4 cuttingteeth @ 09/14/12 10:57 AM
Wait...so once again something is only available online?

When are they going to prove this game runs on one code for all modes to get the same features at the same time?
 
# 5 shunsing @ 09/14/12 11:00 AM
To eliminate confusion. When you say CCM uses original 53 man roster now, I'm hoping you mean the latest 9/8 Wk 1 roster that Play Now had last week. Yes/No?

I fired it up around 9:20EST this morning and although I got the new rosters for Play Now, Offline and Online CCM still had old rosters (75 man rosters). I did have Fantasy Draft which led me to believe that the updates were in. Has it changed in the last hour or so?


Thanks in advance. Waited quite awhile to start our online CCM for this updated roster, if it isn't updated it's going to be another bummer.
 
# 6 CajunPunk @ 09/14/12 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
Wait...so once again something is only available online?

When are they going to prove this game runs on one code for all modes to get the same features at the same time?
Fantasy draft only works online and the updated rosters are only available for Play Now. lol
 
# 7 Steve_OS @ 09/14/12 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProbieByKO
Is the final 53 man roster also available for Offline CCM?
Offline has week 2 roster update. Online has 53-man (basically week 1)
 
# 8 ProbieByKO @ 09/14/12 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Offline has week 2 roster update. Online has 53-man (basically week 1)
Ok, seems odd.

But thanks for the reply.
 
# 9 Steve_OS @ 09/14/12 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunsing
To eliminate confusion. When you say CCM uses original 53 man roster now, I'm hoping you mean the latest 9/8 Wk 1 roster that Play Now had last week. Yes/No?

I fired it up around 9:20EST this morning and although I got the new rosters for Play Now, Offline and Online CCM still had old rosters (75 man rosters). I did have Fantasy Draft which led me to believe that the updates were in. Has it changed in the last hour or so?


Thanks in advance. Waited quite awhile to start our online CCM for this updated roster, if it isn't updated it's going to be another bummer.
Correct. 53-man week 1 roster.

The CCM online roster update was pushed a little later in the morning. While the Fantasy Draft was there, the only roster shown was the 75-man. Now you have the option of the 75-man or the 53-man roster when starting CCM online.
 
# 10 whispered @ 09/14/12 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Offline has week 2 roster update. Online has 53-man (basically week 1)
Hey Steve if I don't have live can I download roster from EA Sports website on my computer?
 
# 11 falconfansince81 @ 09/14/12 11:13 AM
things i would have like to know about two weeks ago when i spent countless hours hosting a custom fantasy draft lol...glad it is in going forward, very glad. just hope everything is implemented correctly, and that there are no mandatory 2 minute pick times (should be 15, 30, or 60 seconds).
 
# 12 DJ @ 09/14/12 11:18 AM
So no 53-man roster for Offline CCM?

I'm about ready to trade this in for NCAA 13 at this point. It's clear my needs as a consumer aren't being met with Madden 13.
 
# 13 leathrneck34 @ 09/14/12 11:21 AM
I don't know about everyone else. I just started a new online CCM and I have the 53- man rosters. I have yet to try offline to see if the 53 man rosters are there but they are when you start a new online CCM
 
# 14 ProbieByKO @ 09/14/12 11:21 AM
There still seems to be confusion on this.

Are OFFLINE ccm rosters updated or not?

The OP is still only mentioning online ccm.
 
# 15 WeBB15 @ 09/14/12 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
So no 53-man roster for Offline CCM?

I'm about ready to trade this in for NCAA 13 at this point. It's clear my needs as a consumer aren't being met with Madden 13.
He just said that Offline will have the week 2 rosters.... Which is, essentially, the 53 man roster with updated ratings.
 
# 16 WeBB15 @ 09/14/12 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Offline has week 2 roster update. Online has 53-man (basically week 1)
To reiterate for those whove missed this quote.... OFFLINE WILL HAVE THE 53 MAN ROSTER UPDATE BUT W/ WEEK 2 RATING UPDATES/TRANSACTIONS.
 
# 17 CajunPunk @ 09/14/12 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
So no 53-man roster for Offline CCM?

I'm about ready to trade this in for NCAA 13 at this point. It's clear my needs as a consumer aren't being met with Madden 13.
Offline Maddenites are going the way of the dinosaurs, apparently. We aren't their target anymore.

That said, the rosters for online are the old ones.
 
# 18 ProbieByKO @ 09/14/12 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBB15
To reiterate for those whove missed this quote.... OFFLINE WILL HAVE THE 53 MAN ROSTER UPDATE BUT W/ WEEK 2 RATING UPDATES/TRANSACTIONS.
It just seemed odd that offline ccm will have more updated ratings than online.

Hence my request for clarification.
 
# 19 JBate24 @ 09/14/12 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconfansince81
things i would have like to know about two weeks ago when i spent countless hours hosting a custom fantasy draft lol...glad it is in going forward, very glad. just hope everything is implemented correctly, and that there are no mandatory 2 minute pick times (should be 15, 30, or 60 seconds).
It's 45 seconds per pick.
 
# 20 leathrneck34 @ 09/14/12 11:28 AM
Offline ratings and online ratings are the same in the update only play now have the most up to date rosters and ratings from what I can tell
 

« Previous12345678Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.