Home
FIFA 13 News Post


If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: FIFA Soccer 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
FIFA Soccer 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 marcbitw1992 @ 09/06/12 01:07 PM
anyone know if Rangers are in this ?
 
# 2 mctrees02 @ 09/06/12 01:30 PM
WOOHOO!!! The goalie finally gives a penalty for wiping out an attacker in the box.
 
# 3 liberaluser @ 09/06/12 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mctrees02
WOOHOO!!! The goalie finally gives a penalty for wiping out an attacker in the box.
That part was cool, but afterwards the goalie blew it. I'm no soccer expert but isn't that a pretty terrible penalty kick save attempt on the goalie's part?

I mean you can even see the player aim his right leg toward the left side and fire off the ball before the goalie fully commits to jumping in the opposite direction!
 
# 4 THE YAMA @ 09/06/12 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcbitw1992
anyone know if Rangers are in this ?
I believe I read somewhere that Rangers were not in the game. Great video otherwise. Any idea what Modric's rating is?
 
# 5 Gnemi @ 09/06/12 01:53 PM
That goal at 5:06 from Benzema was ridiculous.

I think I'm just coming to the realization that I'm not the market EA Sports are after. The kid talking during this video and the human opponent clearly enjoy dribbling and trying to score NBA Jam style goals.
 
# 6 Lofty @ 09/06/12 04:05 PM
Another horrible Fifa video. Its like watching an under 12's match. No defence at all. This guy can play football in anyway and thats exactly what player EA loves. Another year of kids playing Barcelona and Real Madrid, then rage quitting when losing.

Utter trash EA.
 
# 7 Panicshade @ 09/06/12 04:48 PM
it was basically a highlight package of stuff that was edited down to really only a few minutes of actual footage showing the goal scoring. The full match probably lasted 15-20 minutes so I'm not going to jump to any conclusions until I play the demo.

Plus if the game is just a goal-fest and nothing but scoring what happened in all of the other parts of the match because only 3 goals were scored total. There had to be some defense going on.
 
# 8 Super Glock @ 09/06/12 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit89
PES 2013 this year. The choice is clear.
Yes I agree, clear as mud. This is the Fifa thread so let's stick to the topic, thanks. Anyways another great looking video can't wait for the demo next week.
 
# 9 ezio @ 09/06/12 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Glock
Yes I agree, clear as mud. This is the Fifa thread so let's stick to the topic, thanks. Anyways another great looking video can't wait for the demo next week.
You really thinking these vidoes look good? Serious question? If so, what do you think is good about them.
 
# 10 Gnemi @ 09/06/12 06:43 PM
I think most people are just trying not to rush too soon to judgment. There are some settings to be manipulated, among other things, and not every gameplay video that's been released looks the same. Some have looked decent, some have looked awful.

The proof is in the pudding. I think we'll learn much more when the demo drops and we'll learn much, much, much more on the 28th. For me, the 28th is what matters, as I'm very invested in a better Career Mode.
 
# 11 Matt10 @ 09/06/12 10:22 PM
It seems EA's mentality of production philosophy is reversed. They take care of the arcaders first - then the sim players get thrown to the battle of fixing all the out of the box mishaps, which is ALWAYS there. FIFA looks terrible so far - let's hope the demo feels better than this. For now, I'm just losing faith in this company in general - I just think things should be done right, is that so bad - or so hard to achieve?
 
# 12 electrickeeper @ 09/06/12 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
It seems EA's mentality of production philosophy is reversed. They take care of the arcaders first - then the sim players get thrown to the battle of fixing all the out of the box mishaps, which is ALWAYS there. FIFA looks terrible so far - let's hope the demo feels better than this. For now, I'm just losing faith in this company in general - I just think things should be done right, is that so bad - or so hard to achieve?
I don't think it's necessarily taking care of arcaders first, it's looking out for the bottom line.

Goals sell games, and unfortunately, arcadey games make goals.
 
# 13 Matt10 @ 09/06/12 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrickeeper
I don't think it's necessarily taking care of arcaders first, it's looking out for the bottom line.

Goals sell games, and unfortunately, arcadey games make goals.
Agreed. It's why real football highlights are usually of the goals rather than the goal keepers. I just have always believed if they go for the sim gamers first; the arcaders will be just as happy. FIFA has gotten to the point where it has a name for itself - and like Madden/NCAA, that usually gets the bottom line in a good starting position.
 
# 14 Jazzman1522 @ 09/07/12 07:16 PM
Honestly, I'm a little shocked to see so much negativity here. Just about everything I've read about the new FIFA has said that's it's a definite step up from last year and the best console representation of the game yet. Now, those are obviously subjective opinions, but I felt like FIFA 12 was the best video game representation of any sport I've played. Granted, I've only been a soccer fan for about 4 years now. But I think you've got to look at the context of this video. Anytime you get two guys playing each other, it changes the game a little bit. Every time a defender did something stupid, he had a little arrow floating over his head. I play offline a lot more than I do online, but when I do go online, it's a completely different game. A lot of guys are holding down that sprint button, charging into every tackle, and only going forward. But I find that if I play smart soccer, I'm rewarded and usually win those games. That's what I love about FIFA versus any other sports game. When guys start pulling that kind of junk online in say, NHL or Madden, I can't beat it, so I don't play online. But I can beat it in FIFA by playing smart soccer. Sorry to ramble, but my point is that you've got two guys here both pulling that junk. I don't think it means the game's gonna be incredibly arcadey. I think it means that's how they play.
 
# 15 jb1 @ 09/08/12 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzman1522
I play offline a lot more than I do online, but when I do go online, it's a completely different game. A lot of guys are holding down that sprint button, charging into every tackle, and only going forward. But I find that if I play smart soccer, I'm rewarded and usually win those games. That's what I love about FIFA versus any other sports game. When guys start pulling that kind of junk online in say, NHL or Madden, I can't beat it, so I don't play online. But I can beat it in FIFA by playing smart soccer. Sorry to ramble, but my point is that you've got two guys here both pulling that junk. I don't think it means the game's gonna be incredibly arcadey. I think it means that's how they play.
Spot on about playing FIFA online, more often than not you will be rewarded for playing a smart strategic game vs those headless chicken types, while I would rather play against people who play like myself I do enjoy playing the ball around those who just sprint, press, tackle and skill move relentlessly. It's one of the reasons I will still probably get the game as it's the only sports game that I play that I feel I can do that with.

As for this video, you're right that it's difficult to read too much into a user v user matchup but I am still concerned with what I have seen from the CPU in some videos thus far, they do seem somewhat too arcadey for my taste.
 
# 16 ezio @ 09/08/12 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1
I am still concerned with what I have seen from the CPU in some videos thus far, they do seem somewhat too arcadey for my taste.
I agree. The vidoes that I have seen with the CPU involved still don't look great to me. We'll see what happens on tuesday when we get the demo
 
# 17 bwiggy33 @ 09/09/12 12:55 PM
To me there just hasn't been any videos showing a slower type game. Obviously I know there will be settings to turn the speed down. In FIFA 12 every game seemed the same to me. I tried so many slider sets and what not, and don't get me wrong the game is fun but every game was up and down action even with the game speed slowed down. Sure the User can slow it down but the CPU doesn't. It's exactly like the AI in the NHL series. Everything is north south without the CPU setting up the play. It's boring. I want different types of games where teams play different styles. Not every team can push the play. As any soccer guy knows teams work the ball around to find space and push the play at proper times. That's how soccer should be represented. Not just going back and forth with action the whole time.

As people have said they cater to the more casual players first. Exactly like NHL. It really sucks. It would be one thing if they could find a way to please everyone. I just don't think FIFA shows what soccer is all about. The beauty of the sport is the combination of fast paced action but also the slow tempo. In FIFA it's all about fast paced action. Unless FIFA finds this balance I won't be buying. Even though I have a fun time playing FIFA that staleness is setting in because every game feels the same due to the CPU AI. Extremely similar to how I feel about the NHL series. It's actually amazing how similar the two games are gameplay wise.
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.