Home
FIFA 13 News Post


If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

The match starts roughly a minute into the video and ends, just after the 11 minute mark.

Game: FIFA Soccer 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
FIFA Soccer 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 MattyEdgeworth @ 08/30/12 10:49 AM
It's hard to know what to make of this because it's online which has always been good, it looks like the heavier touches are quite noticeable but that's it really. I really wanna see gameplay against the A.I or even better play it myself.
 
# 2 eyeamg0dly @ 08/30/12 11:02 AM
the cpu runs do look alot better and its nice to see fouls
 
# 3 Panicshade @ 08/30/12 11:04 AM
The FIFA 13 demo comes out on September 11th if I remember correctly so it's not that long until we can test things out ourselves
 
# 4 bigeastbumrush @ 08/30/12 11:18 AM
Well that was such a killjoy for me.

It does what FIFA does best...a fun experience.

But there was absolutely no strategy involved whatsoever. I understand 2 human players. I would have to see some CPU to get a better feel.

I still want to buy this game because I haven't bought a FIFA game in a couple of years. But this video didn't wow me at all.

Almost like if you played FIFA once...you played them all.
 
# 5 eyeamg0dly @ 08/30/12 11:36 AM
how much fifa did you actually play? with the new touches, fouls, and better ai runs. scoring will be open more. defenders actually take a stab at the ball when it passes by them which is something they rarely did before. i would have liked to see the speed toned down.

dont go by what this video shows, the two players are not very good or even trying to play strategically. its nice to see that they are improving each year, lets just hope they didnt break anything.
 
# 6 Gnemi @ 08/30/12 11:42 AM
There are a few major positives to this video for me:

1. The heavy touches are very noticeable. Rather than some rare one-off experience, it seemed that any ball hit with pace was more difficult to trap.

2. Change of possession. Instead of one team being able to hold the ball for five minute stretches at a time, there was plenty of errant passing or, better yet, competent defending, that led to possession swaps.

I also noticed that defenders were having a tough time clearing the ball if it was bouncing around near the goal. In previous incarnations of FIFA, the ball just magnetically sticks right to their feet.

3. Fouls! Of course, EA could have been teasing us with this, but to see two fouls in the first 3 minutes of the match and just outside the box was very hopeful.

Couple other notes:

The half volley from the over the top through ball @ 7:13 was lovely.

I'm going to assume this was running at default speeds aka. WAY too fast. I personally think the slowest gameplay setting is not slow enough in 2012.

So, on this evidence, it looks like it may be better as a simulation than 2012, thanks to the changes to trapping / first touch if nothing else.

It also looks like it will still maintain the FIFA "fun factor".

There is still little or NO evidence to suggest it will be a better Career Mode game. I've seen nothing official re: Youth Academy or player progression / development changes.
 
# 7 bigeastbumrush @ 08/30/12 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
how much fifa did you actually play? with the new touches, fouls, and better ai runs. scoring will be open more. defenders actually take a stab at the ball when it passes by them which is something they rarely did before. i would have liked to see the speed toned down.

dont go by what this video shows, the two players are not very good or even trying to play strategically. its nice to see that they are improving each year, lets just hope they didnt break anything.
I'm keeping the video in perspective. Just going to have to wait for a CPU video though. What I saw makes it hard for me to gauge certain things as the majority of my time with the game will be offline.

And yes..as long as they don't regress..I'm good.
 
# 8 liberaluser @ 08/30/12 11:55 AM
Other than the turbo speed, this looks really good. It looks like they fixed the poo brain that the A.I. used to have.
 
# 9 therizing02 @ 08/30/12 11:59 AM
About 6 minutes of watching two bad players chasing the ball and whiffing at tackles was all I could handle. You'll never get an idea of how well the game plays watching two players like that. However, there is ALOT to like about this video....

Heavy touches
No ping pong passing
FOULS!
Loved the comments about Arsenal benching Squillaci because he was listed.

With the default setting the defense is spread too far apart and there is to much space between the midfield and the back line. Tightening up the width and compressing the mid and back four together as well as increasing the marking slider will create small spaces to work in, less dribbling, and more contact leading to more foul calls. I can see probably 8-12/gm per team in my 15 minute halves.

Can't wait!!
 
# 10 THE YAMA @ 08/30/12 12:12 PM
A.I. looks a lot better. Offensively and defensively.
 
# 11 BezO @ 08/30/12 02:13 PM
There's a lot for me to like, but yeah, I'd need to see some Hum vs CPU or CPU vs CPU.
 
# 12 ezio @ 08/30/12 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Well that was such a killjoy for me.

It does what FIFA does best...a fun experience.

But there was absolutely no strategy involved whatsoever. I understand 2 human players. I would have to see some CPU to get a better feel.

I still want to buy this game because I haven't bought a FIFA game in a couple of years. But this video didn't wow me at all.

Almost like if you played FIFA once...you played them all.
I agree. I will reserve judgment since it was two human players. Will wait for a CPU viedo but not much in there to be excited about IMO.
 
# 13 dubcity @ 08/30/12 05:49 PM
I need to see human vs CPU before I can judge whether fouls have been corrected. Human vs Human fouls were never really an issue for me in FIFA 12. It was the CPU getting away with murder and almost never getting carded. I swear, I've played hundreds and hundreds of games against the CPU, and I've seen 1 or 2 red cards, and probably one yellow card every 10 games. It does help to play slower and more strategically, but not enough. I'm not optimistic that fouls vs the CPU are going to be any better this year. FIFA is built for online human vs human arcade gaming. And they do a good job at that. It's not just my thing anymore.
 
# 14 Nieb498 @ 08/30/12 05:55 PM
Few thoughts,

1. Heavy touches looked very nice.
2. Hot &#^* the computer finally made some decent runs!
3. The few time Lewandowski broke through you could hear the crowd rising and adding a little atmosphere
4. Were those players I saw warming up on the sidelines? You mean they are going to add some atmosphere to the sidelines? Thank you finally!
5. We will see about the fouls once some CPU v human is seen.

But overall? I'm excited looks like a step up over 12 for sure!
 
# 15 Lubey @ 08/30/12 09:25 PM
Jeez these guys sprint a lot.
 
# 16 lnin0 @ 08/31/12 08:49 AM
Finally a gameplay video. Looks like an improvement over 12 for sure. I won't recycle what everyone has said but I am pretty much in agreement. Sill, it is going to take a stellar demo to keep me in the EA camp this year.
 
# 17 Mario124 @ 09/03/12 06:00 PM
looks literally the same as fifa 12
 
# 18 Bahnzo @ 09/03/12 07:50 PM
Typical FIFA play....end to end with no consequence to stamina, thru passes that are perfect every time, and crosses that are too deadly. All at a speed that is obviously too fast. And why does every FIFA player seem to think they can dribble the entire defense from a restart after a goal?

The touches certainly do seem improved. It was apparent from the video that players no longer are perfect every time, but is there any difference between players? I didn't really notice that. What I did notice is controlled dribbling will be deadly this year and done to death by everyone. Later in the video after the players became more practiced with the game, they began to use it to good effect and the Dortmund player was dribbling all around the box before scoring the winning goal.

Demo will tell us more than the video of course, but it looks like another typical FIFA and nothing groundbreaking.
 
# 19 eyeamg0dly @ 09/04/12 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
Typical FIFA play....end to end with no consequence to stamina, thru passes that are perfect every time, and crosses that are too deadly. All at a speed that is obviously too fast. And why does every FIFA player seem to think they can dribble the entire defense from a restart after a goal?

The touches certainly do seem improved. It was apparent from the video that players no longer are perfect every time, but is there any difference between players? I didn't really notice that. What I did notice is controlled dribbling will be deadly this year and done to death by everyone. Later in the video after the players became more practiced with the game, they began to use it to good effect and the Dortmund player was dribbling all around the box before scoring the winning goal.

Demo will tell us more than the video of course, but it looks like another typical FIFA and nothing groundbreaking.
they did say that you cant sprint non stop in 13 like you can in 12 without your guys tiring out. so we will see.
 
# 20 Gnemi @ 09/04/12 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
they did say that you cant sprint non stop in 13 like you can in 12 without your guys tiring out. so we will see.
Well, if that's true, it's not evidenced in the video with Arse / Borussia, as those guys were more or less sprinting non-stop.
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.