Home
NBA 2K13 News Post


The '92 Dream Team & 2012 Olympic team will be featured in NBA 2K13. Charles Barkley is in, but Scottie Pippen couldn't get a deal worked out.

It's cool we get to battle it out between these 2 teams, but with Pippen off the roster, it puts a definite blemish on the announcement.

Check out the higher resolution NBA 2K13 screenshot, featuring the 92 Dream Team, right here.

NBA 2K13 to Feature 2012 USA Basketball Men’s National Team and Legendary 1992 "Dream Team"

2K Sports proudly announces partnership with USA Basketball for NBA 2K13

2K Sports today announced a partnership with USA Basketball to feature both the star-studded 2012 USA Basketball Men’s National Team and the 1992 “Dream Team” in NBA 2K13, the next installment of the top-selling and top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise*.

“As executive producer, letting fans go head to head with these legendary USA teams was extremely important to JAY Z,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “We are excited to partner with USA Basketball, and share in JAY Z’s enthusiasm in making this a reality in NBA 2K13.”

The 2012 USA Basketball Men’s National Team has earned recognition as one of USA Basketball’s all-time greatest teams. NBA 2K13 cover athlete Kevin Durant helped lead the USA to its successful showing and joins the elite list of accomplished basketball players who have represented USA Basketball.

“It was an incredible blessing to have been part of the 2012 USA Basketball National Team,” said Durant. “USA Basketball's National Team legacy is incredible and so many of basketball’s all-time greats have been part of it, I’m just honored to be in that group. Like everybody, I can’t wait to see how our squad stacks up against the 1992 team in NBA 2K13.”

The original “Dream Team” is widely considered the most dominant sports team ever assembled, and featured 11 Hall of Fame players including Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Clyde Drexler, Karl Malone, Chris Mullin, David Robinson and Charles Barkley.

“The experience we shared in Barcelona is truly one of the highlights of my career,” said five-time NBA MVP and former NBA 2K cover athlete Michael Jordan. “Being able to represent not only my country but basketball as a whole is an honor that I will never forget.”

“The fantasy matchup between the legendary 1992 ‘Dream Team’ and the 2012 USA Men’s national team has become one of the greatest sports debates of our time,” stated JAY Z, the Executive Producer of NBA 2K13. “In NBA 2K13, we’re giving fans the opportunity to play as two of the best teams ever assembled in sporting history, literally putting the debate right into their hands.”

Developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K Sports studio, NBA 2K13 is not yet rated by the ESRB and will be available on October 2, 2012 in North America and October 5, 2012 internationally for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, Wii™ system and Windows PC. The Wii U™ version of the title will be available during the holiday season. Fans are encouraged to pre-order now at participating retailers in order to receive the NBA All-Star content on day one at no extra cost.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 401 sportjames23 @ 08/16/12 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse512
Yes, Chuck was in NBA 2K for the Dreamcast. I think he may have also been in NBA 2K6 (XBox 360 version), but I'm not certain, on one of the Legend teams. Nice to see him back in the game and hopefully people can Hex edit Pippen on the Dream Team. Just gotta hope editing isn't made difficult and Pippen's cyberface is still on the disc.
Nah, Chuck wasn't in 2K6. That was Terry Cummings (fooled me at first).

Chuck hasn't been in a 2K game this gen.
 
# 402 KyotoCarl @ 08/16/12 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyHard
do you think 2k exists solely to make money or solely to **** everybody and win the jackpot, because there is a difference man!!!!

2k **** us every year and we are injured!
open your eyes!!!!

And do you think i'm the only one to spend so many hours to play to this game in thinking to find a solution to play better? we are millions to spend our life to play this game so much time because we like this game but read the wishlist man!!!! you didn't think there is a problem!

look 17376 people read this thread in one day!!

"the inclusion of pippen would not add 5 millions in sales" no possible to read that it's die
laughing!!! you didn't understand anything or it's the contrary you understood everything so imagine the jackpot!!! i have no more idee about that!!!
Saying that 2k ***** us each year is just over the line. They produce the best basketball games and it's up to you to spend your money on it if you think it's worth it. Your reasoning is just wrong. It's like complaining that call of duty is shot just cause they omitted one weapon you really wanted. How about looking at the overall picutr instead of whining about small things.
 
# 403 Gman 18 @ 08/16/12 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyHard
pippen is a small thing .....
No, not at all.
 
# 404 Vni @ 08/16/12 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyHard
it was ironic!!
above all, in terms of sales, saving due to the fact that pippen is not in dream team is colossal!!!
Dude I'am sure 2K wanted to have Pippen in the game. We don't really know what happened, but I'am sure they tried.

Do we even know what kind of money they give to theses guys to use their image in the game?
 
# 405 coolcras7 @ 08/16/12 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecast
Here are my 2 cents:

First of all, I don`t play on line games. Second, I just don`t give a damn about crew.
Third, the legendary teams and the return of Michael Jordan are an essential part of 2k`s NBA game success and that is why 2k11 sold 5M+ copies.
Many guys just love the legendary teams and I, speaking for myself, will never, I mean, never, buy a NBA 2K game if legends are not in it.
I don`t care about NBA today.
Fouth, adding Barkley is great, I loved it. But leaving Pippen out of the mix is worse than having Barkley because Barkley wil be only a part of the Dream Team. Pippen is a part of many Chicago Bulls teams and I don`t see me playing with or against Chicago if Pippen is not in the team. It makes no sense.
So please, 2k, sign Pippen, give him the money, and keep classic squads.
Easy for you to say, lets just give him what he wants even tho we have no idea what that is, 2k give him 50 percent of you company, your first born sons, because we need him in the game! We have to be realistic here 2k can't just give everyone what the want eventually everyone will be making unrealistic demands.
 
# 406 coolcras7 @ 08/16/12 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyHard
ok maybe you are wrong, so i have not got the clarify, i think the best answer to scottie pippen is nobody buy nba 2k13!!

it's 50 50!!!!
Sorry who are you again, so no one buy 2k13 because Scottie decided he did not want to be in the game.
 
# 407 Goffs @ 08/16/12 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyHard
ok maybe you are wright, so i have not got the clarify, i think the best answer to scottie pippen is nobody buy nba 2k13! maybe they will reflect!!

it's 50 50!!!!

they laugh of my face, they don't give me any explanation, they chuck out dream team with 11 player, i laugh of their face in return!
yeah....no...stick with 2k12 if you love him that much

2k will always be a buy for me no matter who is missing...
 
# 408 phenom1990 @ 08/16/12 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by achieveduser
LOL we have to pull money together via DLC to pay Scottie Pippen? That's so sad bro.
If they decide to go that way, it wouldn't bother me. 2K is a business and if they decide to go that route. People can decide whether it is worth buying or not. If enough people decide not to then maybe 2k will re-think their plan. But if enough people buy DLC then it helps 2k fund their games. I don't get why people get so upset over DLC, you don't have to buy it and it isn't some type of unalienable right to automatically get it.
 
# 409 coolcras7 @ 08/16/12 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyHard
last year i couldn't trade classic legend if i didn't buy the DLC!!
but do you think it's normal?
every game does DLC now, it is here to stay why do you feel 2k owes you anything and everything for 60 dollars.
 
# 410 Gatorfan Frank @ 08/16/12 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyHard


pippen is just in the best action of top 10

i would like to take the opportunity to say to 2k that jordan didn't make the free throw line dunk with the dream team and his one hand dunk are realy much beautiful in the reality that in 2k12 so please 2k you have just to copy this video to show the first video of nba 2k13 on youtube in september!!!!
I don't think 2K actually watches the Dream Team games and highlights. All 2K did was create the Team USA jerseys from '92 and just used old player models (except Sir Charles of course). It probably took 'em like a day to put this team together, and all the other effort was spent negotiating with the retired players.
 
# 411 Altimus @ 08/16/12 10:26 AM
Pippen is a small detail in this game. Look at how much this franchise sells yearly. Look at how it's top 10 monthly... which for a sports game is quite the achievement.

Any basketball fan is not going to say, no Pippen, no buy.

Casual fans are a different category but if they're not buying, it's not because of Pippen not being in the game.

And to close this, 2K will not regret not being able to get Pippen. Unfortunate but it is what it is.

Will he be in DLC? Maybe... for all we know he might be in before the game hits retail.
 
# 412 DirtyNeedles @ 08/16/12 10:44 AM
Christian Laettner but no Scottie Pippen?
 
# 413 Gatorfan Frank @ 08/16/12 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyHard
so you are telling me that in the wishlist thread a lot of people would like to see better Jordans one hand dunks and in fact they didn't changed anything because the other effort was spent to negotiate? you are not serious , aren't you?

except sir Charles of course .....
Dude, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how little effort went into the actual Dream Team player models seen here. Loving Larry's porn 'stache....
 
# 414 coolcras7 @ 08/16/12 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyNeedles
Christian Laettner but no Scottie Pippen?
one has nothing to do with the other.
 
# 415 Pensfan27 @ 08/16/12 12:37 PM
I just read this article stating this.....

http://www.chicagonow.com/game-time/...cottie-pippen/

UPDATE No. 2: 2K Sports' PR has got back to me in regards to Scottie Pippen's status for NBA 2K13. Pippen will not be part of the game: on Dream Team or potential classic Chicago Bulls teams. The following is from Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports.

“We continue to have a very positive relationship with Scottie, but were unable to include him in-game this year for a variety of reasons, though we share everyone’s hope that he may one day appear in our game.”


Lets hope they keep him hidden on the disc...
 
# 416 xman2k @ 08/16/12 02:14 PM
Man, really this sucks. We were that close to near perfect and this Scottie thing. I'm bummed because going up against Chicago meant MJ and Scottie. Barkley ONLY on Dream Team is just not even that much of a step up anymore. Thanks 2k for trying, I'm still buying, but let down. Maybe if we could upload one roster from 2k12 through a save transfer! He probably got ticked because 2k didn't put one of his best games in 94-95, without MJ, in 2k12 as his Legend mode.
 
# 417 LoSoisNiCEx414 @ 08/16/12 05:08 PM
Not really excited about this, but would be nice if this was a matchup for online ranked team up
 
# 418 LoSoisNiCEx414 @ 08/16/12 05:13 PM
I could care less about Scotty... Wont stop me from buying
 
# 419 DirtyNeedles @ 08/16/12 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
one has nothing to do with the other.
If Scottie was in the game and Laettner wasn't do you think people would notice?
 
# 420 Gman 18 @ 08/16/12 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyNeedles
If Scottie was in the game and Laettner wasn't do you think people would notice?
It depends because Scottie was a much better player than Laettner.
I'm sure people would notice, though.
 


Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.