Home
EA Sports UFC News Post


EA Sports UFC will be developed by the Fight Night development team, at EA Canada.

The development team will be lead by Team and Action Sports General Manager, Dean Richards (Fight Night, NHL, SSX) and Creative Director, Brian Hayes.

What do you think about this move?

Source - EA Sports

Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 1 aholbert32 @ 07/18/12 03:23 PM
Is this good news or bad news?
 
# 2 Gotmadskillzson @ 07/18/12 03:26 PM
This disappoints on so many levels. They already had a MMA team, why not let the people who made EA MMA make the UFC game ? Considering they already have experience with making the player models interact with each other in an MMA environment. Already had spectator mode code written already.

This is basically starting all over from scratch.
 
# 3 aholbert32 @ 07/18/12 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
This disappoints on so many levels. They already had a MMA team, why not let the people who made EA MMA make the UFC game ? Considering they already have experience with making the player models interact with each other in an MMA environment. Already had spectator mode code written already.

This is basically starting all over from scratch.
I dont think that means they are starting from scratch. EA MMA's striking was based off of FN's mechanics. I think its silly to assume that they wont incorporate most of the code EA MMA had in place.
 
# 4 Gotmadskillzson @ 07/18/12 03:34 PM
You can incorporate all the code you want, but unless you have the same programmers, the code won't come out exactly the same. I mean look at EA's Madden and NCAA football games, they been incorporating FIFA's running animation code for years now. But yet the players in Madden and NCAA still don't move or run as smoothly as FIFA's players, even though they using the same code.
 
# 5 Control-X @ 07/18/12 03:58 PM
This is no good. The Fight Night team couldn't even address frustrating tuner issues with the current Fight Night game.
How about letting the UFC Undisputed 3 team work on it...
 
# 6 MattyEdgeworth @ 07/18/12 04:50 PM
This is bad news, not because they'll do a bad job but because it means it'll be unlikely that we see another Fight Night game. On the plus, at least the striking might actually be good this time.
 
# 7 Jukeman @ 07/18/12 04:52 PM
So what does this mean for Fight Night? FN has its own problems, now the team lose with time with FN to possibly make another subpar game?

Are they still going to alternate years between Boxing and MMA?
 
# 8 Vinzanity @ 07/18/12 05:22 PM
I don't know. I think I'm going neutral. Not excited anymore.
 
# 9 CoreySA @ 07/18/12 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
This disappoints on so many levels. They already had a MMA team, why not let the people who made EA MMA make the UFC game ? Considering they already have experience with making the player models interact with each other in an MMA environment. Already had spectator mode code written already.

This is basically starting all over from scratch.
I can probably add some insight to this.

Down at Tiburon, once MMA basically got the boot due to Strikeforce signing with the UFC, Most of the MMA team got moved onto different projects. Jason Barnes - creative director for MMA was moved to NBA Live. I've actually talked to Jason about MMA and he loved that series but he and a lot of that team is on NBA Live now and they're very busy with that. I don't think anyone anticipated the signing of UFC or that THQ would sell it. Unfortunately I don't think Tiburon has the resources, and taking Barnes and his team off of NBA wouldn't be fair or a good move considering they just got started with that series.

With that said, EA Canada has a ton of resources at their disposal and I'm sure they're going to connect with Tiburon about the last MMA game and share tech. I have full confidence that the Fight Night guys will pull this off. There is a ton of risk signing a company as big as UFC and they have to and want to come correct on this. I'm sure both studios will talk and possibly share engine tech.
 
# 10 SHAKYR @ 07/18/12 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreySA
I can probably add some insight to this.

Down at Tiburon, once MMA basically got the boot due to Strikeforce signing with the UFC, Most of the MMA team got moved onto different projects. Jason Barnes - creative director for MMA was moved to NBA Live. I've actually talked to Jason about MMA and he loved that series but he and a lot of that team is on NBA Live now and they're very busy with that. I don't think anyone anticipated the signing of UFC or that THQ would sell it. Unfortunately I don't think Tiburon has the resources, and taking Barnes and his team off of NBA wouldn't be fair or a good move considering they just got started with that series.

With that said, EA Canada has a ton of resources at their disposal and I'm sure they're going to connect with Tiburon about the last MMA game and share tech. I have full confidence that the Fight Night guys will pull this off. There is a ton of risk signing a company as big as UFC and they have to and want to come correct on this. I'm sure both studios will talk and possibly share engine tech.
You are telling a different story from what the Fight Night producers told me a year ago as far as resources go. They said EA Tiburon has a huge facility and large staffs for the games there.
They always told me the Fight Night staff was very small and that's why much of the things the community asked for wasn't added. I have communicated with the producers a lot since Fight Night Round 3.

I truly hate that they are working on the UFC game. This means if and this is a really big If they make another Fight Night the excuses will come by the truck loads! I used to really have faith in the producers but not anymore. They even talk to me through email anymore because of my honesty.

I refuse to accept anything as gold if it's value is copper. I'm glad EA flew to Canada for Fight Night Round 4 and gave me a Senior Moderator job before but I just can't endorse what I don't like so a company will maybe consider me on a trip or free game. I'm a grown man with his own money....sorry for the rant.
 
# 11 SHAKYR @ 07/18/12 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy227
Was EA MMA better then Thq's UFC Unleased 1-3? Becasue i never played EA MMA, so i was just wondering.
No! EA MMA had the great features and the online was better.
 
# 12 Jukeman @ 07/18/12 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy227
Was EA MMA better then Thq's UFC Unleased 1-3? Becasue i never played EA MMA, so i was just wondering.
I'd say it was better than UFC 2 (2010)
 
# 13 aholbert32 @ 07/18/12 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
I'd say it was better than UFC 2 (2010)
Completely agree.
 
# 14 CoreySA @ 07/18/12 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
You are telling a different story from what the Fight Night producers told me a year ago as far as resources go. They said EA Tiburon has a huge facility and large staffs for the games there.
They always told me the Fight Night staff was very small and that's why much of the things the community asked for wasn't added. I have communicated with the producers a lot since Fight Night Round 3.

I truly hate that they are working on the UFC game. This means if and this is a really big If they make another Fight Night the excuses will come by the truck loads! I used to really have faith in the producers but not anymore. They even talk to me through email anymore because of my honesty.

I refuse to accept anything as gold if it's value is copper. I'm glad EA flew to Canada for Fight Night Round 4 and gave me a Senior Moderator job before but I just can't endorse what I don't like so a company will maybe consider me on a trip or free game. I'm a grown man with his own money....sorry for the rant.
Sorry, I was a bit mis-understood. Yes Tiburon is a beautiful studio with big teams but I just meant the guys who were on MMA have been moved to other titles thus making those guys (resources as employees) unavailable. I didn't mean to say they don't have the resources as a studio. I just think that Barnes love the NBA and those guys are focused hard on NBA Live.

As for MMA, I felt like it was a really under-appreciated game. I still play it some to this day. The submission system was great and so was online when it was up. As a new IP it really had a solid foundation. I always thought if they had the UFC license and another crack at it to fix up issues from game 1 they would have had a huge hit. Again, I'm sure EA Canada isn't going to ignore the great work Barnes and his crew accomplished at Tiburon. I think it is premature to say they won't share tech or resources.

I'm pretty pumped. As a guy who trains MMA and has had time with real UFC fighters, this is a pretty important title for me. I'm hoping they focus hard on it and give us a fighting game we can all be proud of.
 
# 15 22cedric @ 07/19/12 01:18 AM
The EA Sports UFC dev team is taking in feedback on what fans want to see in the game on their facebook & twitter page. @EASPORTSUFC www.facebook.com/easportsufc
 
# 16 SHAKYR @ 07/19/12 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22cedric
The EA Sports UFC dev team is taking in feedback on what fans want to see in the game on their facebook & twitter page. @EASPORTSUFC www.facebook.com/easportsufc
Biggest waste of time there is, they act like want feedback but already have what they want to do in place. I have been there done that with these producers. Read my blogs with the wishlists they asked me for.
 
# 17 8and9 @ 07/19/12 04:42 AM
This ruins the whole ordeal. I hope they wow us though.
 
# 18 Dazraz @ 07/19/12 05:33 AM
It would appear that the FIght Night series is on an indefinite hiatus on the back of this news. A shame as I would rather have a boxing game than a UFC game. That said EA never got close to realising the potential of Fight Night & I'll be suprised if their UFC game will be much different.
 
# 19 Control-X @ 07/19/12 07:39 AM
Completely agree with you Dazraz.
 
# 20 DoubleJMix965 @ 07/19/12 07:58 AM
I'm sure this will make the online people happy as it seems, usually, EA has more stable servers. The online with Undisputed was bad, at best. But my concern is how they handle the single player/career/campaign mode. I hope it gets good attention in a way that will be rewarding. It doesn't have to be a story mode like Fight Night Champion, although that would make for an interesting option. I hope they add depth to it and that they can closer mimmick the career. UFC 3 was a lot closer than UFC 2010 (I feel 2010 was the worst in the series and I do believe I'm not the only one with that thinking) but there were still some things lacking in UFC 3 such as the hyping of fights, post fight interviews (I did like this in 2010) and even the way training was handled. I like the training exercises, but felt they were limited. I know their plan with that was to get you into the next fight quicker, but it seemed a tad too rushed. But I have faith in EA and how they will handle the brand and hopefully bring it to a bigger audience through their name alone. Am I expecting this to be the be all, end all game in MMA? Absolutely not, but I do hope and to an extent, expect something new and "better" so to speak, than previous UFC games. Blending the Undisputed and EA MMA games to find a happy medium will make me a happy fan. Best of luck!
 

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.