Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post


Check out the Madden NFL 13 screenshots of Barry Sanders.

Madden NFL 13 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Senator Palmer @ 06/22/12 11:09 AM
I need to see this from another angle because the body doesn't look stocky enough, especially the legs. Barry only played at 203, but at 5'8 he looked a really stout in his uniform.

 
# 2 bxgoods @ 06/22/12 11:09 AM
Looks awesome, I'm loving the new lighting bringing out the contrasting colors more.
 
# 3 LBzrule @ 06/22/12 11:12 AM
Senator that's the one thing I still critique about Ray Rice and Jones-Drew. They still do not have a stocky enough look. I think it's because of the upright running. There were some angles last year where Rice had the stocky look but at other angles he looked too tall. Can't really explain it.
 
# 4 bpac55 @ 06/22/12 11:46 AM
nice ummmm socks??? why would they release a screenshot that has an obvious glitch in it?
 
# 5 jpdavis82 @ 06/22/12 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
wish we could add these sleeves to other players
The longer sleeves are in the game now, they have been seen in other E3 videos and the uniform Barry is wearing there is their new nike uniform not a special uniform.
 
# 6 fsufan4423 @ 06/22/12 12:07 PM
I need their TV/computer or whatever is generating these screens.
 
# 7 bpac55 @ 06/22/12 12:07 PM
point is...as we all know and the 100 page thread discusses....we cant edit the players and add those sleeves if we want. not to turn this in to an editing thread.
 
# 8 CarryTheWeight @ 06/22/12 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
I need their TV/computer or whatever is generating these screens.
They're most likely generating these right from the source or a developer kit and not necessarily the final disc --- even the highest quality (consumer) capture equipment on the market usually doesn't take compression, aliasing and other related post-processing into effect. Most of that stuff is likely added on during pressing or mastering to make sure a game fits on the disc or is playable at a given resolution.
 
# 9 fsufan4423 @ 06/22/12 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
They're most likely generating these right from the source or a developer kit and not necessarily the final disc --- even the highest quality (consumer) capture equipment on the market usually doesn't take compression, aliasing and other related post-processing into effect. Most of that stuff is likely added on during pressing or mastering to make sure a game fits on the disc or is playable at a given resolution.
That's what I figured.
 
# 10 stiffarmleft @ 06/22/12 01:07 PM
Hopefully the game has some semblance of momentum and foot planting to really do Barry justice.
 
# 11 Matt Diesel @ 06/22/12 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
I need their TV/computer or whatever is generating these screens.
Do you mean a 9 inch screen? Put the same image on a 27 inch screen at the same resolution and see how good it looks.
 
# 12 PGaither84 @ 06/22/12 01:35 PM
The players are too buff. Just look at the arms. Barry and Jerry have massive arms in the screen shots but skinny learn arms in real life.

If the sleeves stayed exactly the same size, but they made the arms and chest smaller/thinner/leaner then it would look worlds better. the same is true for the rest of he players as well.
 
# 13 JerzeyReign @ 06/22/12 02:11 PM
The G.O.A.T
 
# 14 BezO @ 06/22/12 02:19 PM
I like the longer sleeves, but not on Barry. They need a shorter version of the loose sleeve if they don't have it already.
 
# 15 huskerwr38 @ 06/22/12 02:41 PM
His thighs are small, but in that photo on the first Page his thighs are huge.
 
# 16 bpac55 @ 06/22/12 05:34 PM
right you can edit them for a meaningless play now game.
 
# 17 Kaiser Wilhelm @ 06/22/12 07:45 PM
I think the biggest thing that throws the characters off is the generic looking models and the lack of facial expression.

I personally do not mind the latter, because it can only be seen in stills and ridiculously close replays, but the former just looks off. Especially with a true legend like Barry Sanders. The thing that is the biggest bummer to me when hearing Sanders is in the game is knowing you cannot play with Barry, like Barry.
 
# 18 Senator Palmer @ 06/22/12 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Senator that's the one thing I still critique about Ray Rice and Jones-Drew. They still do not have a stocky enough look. I think it's because of the upright running. There were some angles last year where Rice had the stocky look but at other angles he looked too tall. Can't really explain it.
Yeah, they really struggle with the guys that play with that low center of gravity.

One thing I noticed is that they don't really have body types: mesopmorph, ectomorph, endomorph. You don't see players with short legs and long torsos like MJD should have or long arms, long necks, etc. The player models all have the same proportions with the only variant being girth.
 
# 19 Nza @ 06/23/12 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
I need their TV/computer or whatever is generating these screens.
Probably post processed. Or on a debug system or even PC where they can increase the AA and other graphics to breaking point as far as frames-per-second would go - no harm in a screenshot.
 
# 20 fsufan4423 @ 06/23/12 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Diesel
Do you mean a 9 inch screen? Put the same image on a 27 inch screen at the same resolution and see how good it looks.
I just wish the game actually look this good on my 50 inch TV. I spend more time adjusting colors, contrast, and so on to get the game to look half that good.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.