NCAA Football 13 News Post

We are now less than a month away from NCAA Football 13 launching, and many of you have already made buying decisions on which game you are buying. Thus: What football game are you buying and in the comments, let us know why!

You can vote above you on the forums and to your right on the frontpage!

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 59 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Jukeman @ 06/19/12 02:33 PM
Gamefly

Then purchase if I enjoyed the game.

# 2 Aggies67 @ 06/19/12 02:38 PM
NCAA 13 added A&M's mascot, Reveille, and studio updates. Those two new additions are worth a cup of coffee and a donut to me, so I'll just stick with NCAA 12. At least they didn't take out any major components, like Madden 13 did. For what EA took out with Madden 13, they owe me coffee and a donut. So I'll just buy Madden 12 for $10. It will be like having a new game for me, since I never played it before.

# 3 TreFacTor @ 06/19/12 02:47 PM
The people that used to buy both (I did once upon a time) for importing are going to be saving some money this year. I'm not certain I can go with either at this point...Madden added the infinity engine, but NCAA didn't, NCAA has the editing Madden won't...It's a tough time to be a football video gamer unless none of those things mean anything to you in which case, your golden.

# 4 Aranor @ 06/19/12 02:52 PM
Neither. Don't want to buy the same game year after year with a different #.

# 5 AndyAndAj32 @ 06/19/12 02:56 PM
As long as NCAA show cases players with stupid looking equipment i will never buy it. I'm really excited about the new physics in madden so i might get it if the reviews are good

# 6 WhiteMan22 @ 06/19/12 02:57 PM
Normally I'd get both, but NCAA really has not interested me with anything. Madden's new Infinity Engine and the new CC has me very intrigued. I'm going with Madden this year.

# 7 charter04 @ 06/19/12 03:06 PM
I always buy both. Will get both this year. Already preordered them on Amazon.

# 8 scottyo60 @ 06/19/12 03:08 PM
NCAA only because it's $45 dollars and the dynasty changes.

# 9 misterkrabz @ 06/19/12 03:09 PM
I'm a "maybe" buy for Madden....after the NCAA demo I'm a definite "no" on that one. Like most I'm intrigued by Maddens "real time physics" but I need to see it in action. If it's anywhere close to what Backbreaker was able to accomplish I will most likely buy it, but the history of Madden football combined with EA's incredible ability to over sell their games has me hesitant. I really don't expect it to be all that mind blowing. Call me pessimistic but the reality is I'm done playing EA's game (literally and figuratively).

# 10 jfsolo @ 06/19/12 03:10 PM
Buying both. There have been years in the past where the design decisions weren't tailored toward my playstyle, but this year, both games have focused on the things that really make the game fun for me.

# 11 Gstate_510 @ 06/19/12 03:16 PM
i was going to buy both but after hearing the bad news of not being able to customize rosters on madden im sticking with ncaa 13 now

# 12 AiDub @ 06/19/12 03:45 PM
Both for me... I usually get NCAA to tide me over until Madden. Once Madden comes out, Gamestop usually has a pretty good deal if you trade NCAA towards it... Something like $25 or around that...

I did however decide to keep NCAA last year instead of Madden so we'll see how it goes this year... I love NCAA but the changes that Madden made this year will get my money.

# 13 bigsmallwood @ 06/19/12 03:54 PM
I may upgrade from NCAA 11 to NCAA 12...13 is just nothing special....Madden 13 is still a toss up. Not really sure what the Infinity Engine will add to a game that needs adjustments in other areas of game play. I'll be watching and make a decision at the last minute on Madden.

# 14 stooge 1010 @ 06/19/12 04:07 PM
Both, i usually alternate playing each game.

# 15 woogie98 @ 06/19/12 04:18 PM
NCAA Hands Down

# 16 DoomsDayD1978 @ 06/19/12 04:18 PM
Sadly, for the first time since the PS1 days I'm not buying either one.

With NCAA 13, it clearly looks like a regurgitation of what usually happens with EA football titles nearing the end of a console cycle....a little polish but nothing of any meaningful substance.

Madden 13 will possibly get a look, but not until I hear some critical, thorough reviews here at OS.

I'm usually filled with eager anticipation this time of year, but I'm not feeling it this year. I'm still enjoying Madden and NCAA 12.

# 17 PPerfect_CJ @ 06/19/12 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by MMChrisS

You can vote above you on the forums and to your right on the frontpage!
Why in the world is Aaron Murray wearing that facemask??? SMH.

# 18 fsufan4423 @ 06/19/12 04:51 PM
Could you imagine a NCAA and Madden released with no wishlist thread started around 12:02 am....just minutes after released? It's never gonna happen. Even if all the equipment, hair, shoes, ect. are in the game, someone will still have an issue.

With that said, I will continue to buy, complain, skip a year, buy, trade, complain, and so on.

# 19 LouPickney @ 06/19/12 05:19 PM
I'm buying NCAA Football 13. Highly unlikely for Madden -- I've found the Madden NFL franchise to be sub-par in every "next-gen" (360/PS3) release. Unless the changes for Madden this year help the game get rave reviews, I will likely pass once again on it.

# 20 PackerBacker123 @ 06/19/12 05:23 PM