Home
WWE 13 News Post


According to Ripten, THQ and WWE are partnered through 2017. The bigger question is, will THQ be around long enough to fulfill it.

Quote:
We are extremely pleased with our relationship with the WWE, and have an exclusive license for the brand through 2017. Our recent videogame cover reveal for WWE ’13 on Monday Night Raw airing May 28, as well as WWE Superstar Sheamus’ recent appearance at E3 showcase examples of how well we are working collaboratively with the WWE.

Game: WWE 13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 9 - View All
WWE 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 RedZoneD25 @ 06/14/12 02:23 PM
EXCLUSIVE LICENSE! WHAT! BOO! RANT! EVIL!

Figured I'd just get that out of the way. Hoping to see continued improvement in the series, it's all they have left now.
 
# 2 areobee401 @ 06/14/12 02:26 PM
How is this great news for wrestling fans? The WWE games haven't been very good for a while now.
 
# 3 Bellsprout @ 06/14/12 03:23 PM
Meh. I was kind of looking forward to seeing what a different company could do with WWE.
 
# 4 ExtremeGamer @ 06/14/12 04:35 PM
No because I want a yearly wrestling game. If it goes to another company you are looking at minimum of 2 years. If its EA, then we know what that means. Has nothing to do with who I know. Most of my buddies from THQ are long gone, if not all of them.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
# 5 BenGerman @ 06/15/12 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
How is this great news for wrestling fans? The WWE games haven't been very good for a while now.
Respectfully, I disagree. Not many modes have the ambition of Universe Mode, and gameplay (especially CPU v CPU) was great in '12. Could it use some competition? Sure. But I don't think THQ has done a poor job with the series at all.
 
# 6 mpt54 @ 06/15/12 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
No because I want a yearly wrestling game. If it goes to another company you are looking at minimum of 2 years. If its EA, then we know what that means. Has nothing to do with who I know. Most of my buddies from THQ are long gone, if not all of them.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I agree I enjoy a yearly release of a wrestling game and a year without one would be different because of the constant change of the roster.
 
# 7 CM Hooe @ 06/16/12 11:15 AM
Good news to me because I enjoyed WWE 12 and hope that WWE 13 improves upon the series.
 
# 8 Majingir @ 06/17/12 01:50 PM
Hopefully some company steps up and buys WWE rights from THQ like EA did for UFC. It might cost some money to get the rights, but the amount of money they'll be making(not to mention,saving, since WWE will be promoting the game like crazy,so that's a fair amount of money saved from not having to advertise it), is more than worth buying out the rights to the game.


Sucks to think how bad THQ has gotten considering games like Day of reckoning and early SvR games were so good
 
# 9 Feldman011teen @ 06/18/12 10:34 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO guess I won't be playing any wrestling games anytime soon. Create a new superstars where we can share created wrestlers, and i'll get that.
 
# 10 ExtremeGamer @ 06/18/12 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feldman011teen
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO guess I won't be playing any wrestling games anytime soon. Create a new superstars where we can share created wrestlers, and i'll get that.
You realize that's been in the last 2 WWE games right?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
# 11 Jukeman @ 06/19/12 01:12 PM
THQ's recent WWE games have been bad but I like the direction they are going with the new brand. If they can keep going in the right direction and do the opposite of what Smackdown vs Raw did as far as progression then we should have a good WWE game very soon.
 
# 12 erich20012001 @ 06/19/12 01:19 PM
I loved WWE 12, the game is just plain fun in multi-player with friends next to you. If THQ can improve upon the single-player experience, as well as fixing their horrible servers, then I'm fine with the series sticking with them till 2017.
 
# 13 woodjer @ 06/19/12 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
You realize that's been in the last 2 WWE games right?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
a) I think he was referring to a different game that would allow him to create players and share them. At least that's how I read it.

b) Sharing created superstars was in the game two years ago. Not sure you can count it as being "in" WWE 12. Just my 2c...
 
# 14 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/19/12 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
No because I want a yearly wrestling game. If it goes to another company you are looking at minimum of 2 years. If its EA, then we know what that means. Has nothing to do with who I know. Most of my buddies from THQ are long gone, if not all of them.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don't mind the THQ/Yukes has the game until 2017. But the thing is they keep putting things in the game that fans never ask for. Comeback moments is one of them. Stuff like that doesn't make the game fun. THQ need to go back to what work for them in the first place. They need to go back to the days of Here Comes the Pain. That what made the game so fun to play. But now days THQ is trying to add so much stuff to the game that no one wants is making the game boring. Plus they are limiting us in a lot of areas. People want to see THQ allow us to fight from the ringside to the backstage area like we could do back in HCTP days with tons of weapons. Bottomline THQ needs to go back for what work for them in the first place. But they keep on going the wrong direction in a lot of areas of the game. But hopefully WWE13 will prove to be good. But just like with the comeback moment in WWE12. Don't like the idea of the WOW moment neither. Sounds just like another gimmick to me. Instead of stuff like that. Just make the game playable and fun like in the past and the game will sale itself.
 
# 15 WTF @ 06/20/12 06:30 PM
Is sharing CAW's in WWE12 not fully possible? What are the liimtations? That stinks if that's the case. I haven't fired it up yet, but had planned on it possibly tonight or tomorrow.
 
# 16 CM Hooe @ 06/20/12 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Is sharing CAW's in WWE12 not fully possible? What are the liimtations? That stinks if that's the case. I haven't fired it up yet, but had planned on it possibly tonight or tomorrow.
Theoretically, it is fully possible to share created superstars, created finishers, created storylines, created rings, created highlight reels, and so on.

In practice, it's not fully possible to share all that user content because THQ's servers are the worst servers I have ever interacted with in my recreational video game playing career.

THQ's infrastructure _must_ get better.
 
# 17 SmashMan @ 06/20/12 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
In practice, it's not fully possible to share all that user content because THQ's servers are the worst servers I have ever interacted with in my recreational video game playing career.

THQ's infrastructure _must_ get better.
I'm quoting this purely for emphasis. Sadly, it is not hyperbolic. At all.
 
# 18 RyanLaFalce @ 06/21/12 08:59 AM
As long as they keep improving from year-to-year with each game, and add SPECIAL GUEST REFEREE, then I will continue to buy WWE games until 2017. I'm still playing WWE 12 and I got in on release day!
 
# 19 WTF @ 06/22/12 06:04 PM
Holy hell you all weren't lying. These servers are atrocious. Even IF I get to download a CAW... the game will freeze, making me restart after it's downloaded. PS3 by the way.
 
# 20 CM Hooe @ 06/22/12 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Holy hell you all weren't lying. These servers are atrocious. Even IF I get to download a CAW... the game will freeze, making me restart after it's downloaded. PS3 by the way.
The servers do seem to work with nonzero reliability if you log on late at night. I'm talking after 11PM EDT. But it's still pretty shaky. It's easily the most disappointing part of the game.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.