Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post


If you can't view the embedded video, click here.
  • Fast forward to 8:45
  • EA Sports and Madden NFL 13 has partnered up with NFL Fillms
  • QB cadences have returned
  • Crowds in the past were recorded with 4 microphones, in Madden NFL 13 they used 24 mics
  • When big plays happen, you hear the highs and lows
  • Recorded grunts and hits from mic'd players, which has been implemented into the game
  • Jim Nantz and Phil Simms had recording sessions together and ad-lib audio was captured

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Steve_OS @ 05/11/12 01:06 AM
Hopefully next segment, so I can go to bed.
 
# 2 Steve_OS @ 05/11/12 01:12 AM
Partnership with NFL Films, QB Cadences!
 
# 3 SageInfinite @ 05/11/12 01:15 AM
Loved everything I heard, just have to see how they implement it in the actual gameplay.
 
# 4 Stroehms @ 05/11/12 01:19 AM
I am at work. Can someone please paraphrase on what they said?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
 
# 5 Steve_OS @ 05/11/12 01:24 AM
Crowds in the past were recorded with 4 microphones. In Madden 13 they used 24 mics. When big plays happen, you hear the highs and lows.xpand

Grunts and hits from mic'd up players from the NFL.

Very short clip.
 
# 6 SageInfinite @ 05/11/12 01:26 AM
Basically the old Madden crowd was only 4 mics, they upped it to 24 I think for Madden 13, which captured alot more of the dynamics of crowd noise. Also they're using sound effects from mic'd players from NFL films for the sound effects in the game. Also Sims and Nantz recorded their lines together.
 
# 7 jpdavis82 @ 05/11/12 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroehms
I am at work. Can someone please paraphrase on what they said?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
They are using real nfl films audio for qb cadences, hits, grunts

In the past they used 4 mics for the crowd, this year they are using 24 so you will hear all the highs and lows on td's, int's, fumbles, etc...

Then they showed Jim and Phil recording some lines together and talked about how when they let them ad lib, the "magic happened".

At the end they showed a line from Jim that got my attention. "All the pundits said there was no way they would win today without their star running back, but as it turns out they did just that."
 
# 8 Stroehms @ 05/11/12 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
They are using real nfl films audio for qb cadences, hits, grunts

In the past they used 4 mics for the crowd, this year they are using 24 so you will hear all the highs and lows on td's, int's, fumbles, etc...

Then they showed Jim and Phil recording some lines together and talked about how when they let them ad lib, the "magic happened".

At the end they showed a line from Jim that got my attention. "All the pundits said there was no way they would win today without their star running back, but as it turns out they did just that."
Man. That's awesome. Thanks guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
 
# 9 SageInfinite @ 05/11/12 01:30 AM
Also I hate to be that guy, lol, but on the clip where Carson Palmer got sacked by two players, it looked really good. Looked very fluid and natural the way both players hit the quarterback. Not hinting towards anything, just saying.........
 
# 10 jpdavis82 @ 05/11/12 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Also I hate to be that guy, lol, but on the clip where Carson Palmer got sacked by two players, it looked really good. Looked very fluid and natural the way both players hit the quarterback. Not hinting towards anything, just saying.........
Yeah I noticed that too and I was like.....June 4th???
 
# 11 PVarck31 @ 05/11/12 01:31 AM
The audio stuff sounds great, but did you guys see how nice those pass trajectories looked in the gameplay clips?

Love the QB cadences too.
 
# 12 kmart2180 @ 05/11/12 01:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyNA...e_gdata_player

Sorry for phones terrible quality and not realizing the light was on. Just posting for those who missed it.
 
# 13 Senator Palmer @ 05/11/12 01:32 AM
They showed a few clips of actual gameplay that I've never seen before. Eagles vs. Giants, and Chargers vs. Cheifs. It wasn't much: a touchdown from Vick. A touchdown from Rivers to Jackson, and a sack from what looks like an all out blitz against Cassell.

The game in motion looked really smooth. Dare I say, lifelike. Now there weren't any long shots to see if zig-zag running was still there, and Vick's motion is still off, but it moved good. Very smooth.


And I don't usually like to brag, but in the spirit of TNT, I'm going to take full credit for EA going in the direction of adding actual on-field sounds into the game as noted in my brilliant thread from February of last year...http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-popping.html
 
# 14 SuperNoVa27 @ 05/11/12 01:33 AM
I missed it because for some reason, at that exact moment, I had to piss.....
 
# 15 adub88 @ 05/11/12 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Partnership with NFL Films, QB Cadences!
Finally got my wish, they brought back the QB cadences. I was so disappointed when they took em out. Man I fell asleep and woke up like up where is the coverage. The clip was so short I missed it, looking forward to Monday.
 
# 16 kmart2180 @ 05/11/12 01:35 AM
Loved most of it....but being a former FS......I hate the way the safetys play in thede vids.....Eric Berry would have intercepted that pass in real life. And on the D Jackson td, why is the safety not over the top of that cover 2....but other than that can't wait!
 
# 17 Big_Mig_11 @ 05/11/12 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyNA...e_gdata_player

Sorry for phones terrible quality and not realizing the light was on. Just posting for those who missed it.

It looks good man thanks. Can always depend on a 9ers fan. YEEEEEEAH BOY!
 
# 18 jpdavis82 @ 05/11/12 01:49 AM
Just in case anyone wants to follow Matt Bialosuknia (Madden 13 Audio Producer)on Twitter

@Mbialosuknia
 
# 19 SteelerSpartan @ 05/11/12 01:52 AM
Good lord I hope that Palmer sack doesn't mean we still have Inept CPU Screen Play again....I thought the new drop backs were going to fix it


The audio looks promising....
 
# 20 Mr_Riddick @ 05/11/12 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Also I hate to be that guy, lol, but on the clip where Carson Palmer got sacked by two players, it looked really good. Looked very fluid and natural the way both players hit the quarterback. Not hinting towards anything, just saying.........
I also noticed this, it just looks natural. Hope its acsign of things to come.
 

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.