Home
News Post



2. Seattle Mariners


The Mariners are a team which have been in perennial rebuilding mode since topping out at an impressive 116 win season last decade. But in the coming years, the Mariners are going to have a whale of a prospect class on the rise.

The Mariners farm system is undoubtedly lead by Jesus Montero, a power hitting catcher who could see action in 2012 behind the plate. Other top prospects include right handed pitcher Taijuan Walker, left hander Danny Hultzen, and southpaw James Paxton.

The Mariners farm system strength is their pitching depth without a doubt. Competing with Texas and Anaheim might have to wait a year or two, but Seattle will definitely be near the top of the AL West Standings soon enough.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 54 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 seanjeezy @ 04/19/12 02:23 PM
Wha?!?!?!? Run will get a kick out of this, we were super conservative
 
# 2 addybojangles @ 04/19/12 03:07 PM
Maybe that's why I'm having a hard time getting promoted from the Jackson Generals in RttS...
 
# 3 cadalyst17 @ 04/19/12 03:12 PM
3 type "A" pitchers makes for a #2 farm system????
 
# 4 Doran @ 04/19/12 04:00 PM
I'm beginning to think the Blue Jays didn't make the Top 5.
 
# 5 BatsareBugs @ 04/19/12 04:06 PM
The Mariners have more than 3 type A pitchers. Nick Franklin may be a very good shortstop. I just looked through their roster and I think Danny Hultzen and Taijuan Walker should have higher A potentials, since if you sort them all three are bunched up at the same A- rating. I think the Mariners were a victim of being too conservative if you ask me (I think Paxton was a B on the Spring Training set).

I'm guessing that the Blue Jays will be number 1 and for good reason since they have 5 A's... and several note-worthy B's. That would make the Royals a serious omission since even if you disregard Mike Montgomery, John Lamb, and Jake Odorizzi's potentials (I think Odorizzi is the only one an A, with Lamb and Montgomery maybe pushing an A-), they still have Bubba Starling, Wil Myers, and Cheslor Cuthbert.

In any case, I think everyone else did a good job with the ratings for the most part.
 
# 6 cadalyst17 @ 04/19/12 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag3vsW0rld
The Mariners have more than 3 type A pitchers. Nick Franklin may be a very good shortstop. I just looked through their roster and I think Danny Hultzen and Taijuan Walker should have higher A potentials, since if you sort them all three are bunched up at the same A- rating. I think the Mariners were a victim of being too conservative if you ask me (I think Paxton was a B on the Spring Training set).

I'm guessing that the Blue Jays will be number 1 and for good reason since they have 5 A's... and several note-worthy B's. That would make the Royals a serious omission since even if you disregard Mike Montgomery, John Lamb, and Jake Odorizzi's potentials (I think Odorizzi is the only one an A, with Lamb and Montgomery maybe pushing an A-), they still have Bubba Starling, Wil Myers, and Cheslor Cuthbert.

In any case, I think everyone else did a good job with the ratings for the most part.
I beg to differ. After the 3 pitchers. Seattle really doesn't have anyone close to A level prospect status, and I don't think the Blue Jays have any "A" level prospects, at least that is what I remember.
 
# 7 BatsareBugs @ 04/19/12 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadalyst17
I beg to differ. After the 3 pitchers. Seattle really doesn't have anyone close to A level prospect status, and I don't think the Blue Jays have any "A" level prospects, at least that is what I remember.
Blue Jays have Travis D'Arnaud, Jake Marisnick, and Anthony Gose. You can make a case for Daniel Norris and Adeiny Hechevaria (I just completely butchered his name).
 
# 8 cadalyst17 @ 04/19/12 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doran
I'm beginning to think the Blue Jays didn't make the Top 5.
Blue Jays have ridiculous pitching depth, decent pitching talent in double-A, more than a few very intriguing pitching prospects in single-A, envy depth at the catcher position, depth at shortstop, depth in the outfield, and their major league roster is still young

I don't know how you can't rank them #1? although there are the Rays and Yankee farm systems
 
# 9 cadalyst17 @ 04/19/12 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag3vsW0rld
Blue Jays have Travis D'Arnaud, Jake Marisnick, and Anthony Gose. You can make a case for Daniel Norris and Adeiny Hechevaria (I just completely butchered his name).
All "B"s and "C"s yet a quite a few as potential "A"s. Time will tell
 
# 10 Doran @ 04/19/12 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadalyst17
Blue Jays have ridiculous pitching depth, decent pitching talent in double-A, more than a few very intriguing pitching prospects in single-A, envy depth at the catcher position, depth at shortstop, depth in the outfield, and their major league roster is still young

I don't know how you can't rank them #1? although there are the Rays and Yankee farm systems
I want them to be, but I've been assuming that the Royals are #1 this entire week.
 
# 11 BatsareBugs @ 04/19/12 05:46 PM
The Royals have a ridiculous farm system. Even if some of the players' potentials were adjusted and after calling up guys like Hosmer and Moustakas they still have some serious talent.
 
# 12 goblue1523 @ 04/19/12 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadalyst17
I beg to differ. After the 3 pitchers. Seattle really doesn't have anyone close to A level prospect status, and I don't think the Blue Jays have any "A" level prospects, at least that is what I remember.

Seattle has Nich Franklin a B prospect. Francisco Martinez who is a B prospect. And Carlos Trunifel, Treyvon Robinson, and Carlos Peguero.

I feel Seattle is ranked where they should be. In Toronto, I can only see Travis D'Arnuad.
 
# 13 DustinT @ 04/19/12 09:26 PM
Walker is one of the top five pitchers in the entire Seattle organization, according to Knight''s roster. Couple that with his A potential, he could become one of the more dangerous pitchers in The Show.

In my franchise I traded Paxton and Smoak for d'Arnaud, then moved Montero to first.Felt like Smoak evened it on a video game basis, but doubtful Toronto would give up "Piazza with defense" for anything.
 
# 14 cadalyst17 @ 04/20/12 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue1523
Seattle has Nich Franklin a B prospect. Francisco Martinez who is a B prospect. And Carlos Trunifel, Treyvon Robinson, and Carlos Peguero.

I feel Seattle is ranked where they should be. In Toronto, I can only see Travis D'Arnuad.
Sorry, but there is absolutely no way Seattle has the #2 system in the majors. There are the Rays, Royals, Cardinals, Braves before I look at Seattle.
 
# 15 teebee @ 04/23/12 07:18 PM
I deal with reality and SD has a sick farm system http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/1/23/2728027/2012-baseball-farm-system-rankings-prospects

It better be up next or there will be problems
 
# 16 BatsareBugs @ 04/23/12 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teebee
I deal with reality and SD has a sick farm system http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/...ings-prospects

It better be up next or there will be problems
San Diego was #3.
 
# 17 alexjm @ 04/25/12 12:00 PM
How do you guys get the farm systems in the game? Do you have to download it or enter a code or something? I'm trying to get all the prospects in the game but none are there. I'm a Jays fan and all their prospects are unheard of, maybe they changed their names in the game for copyright reasons or something? Can someone please help!!!?
 
# 18 sink4ever @ 04/25/12 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjm
How do you guys get the farm systems in the game? Do you have to download it or enter a code or something? I'm trying to get all the prospects in the game but none are there. I'm a Jays fan and all their prospects are unheard of, maybe they changed their names in the game for copyright reasons or something? Can someone please help!!!?
Look for the OSFM rosters in the Roster Vault.
 
# 19 alexjm @ 04/25/12 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sink4ever
Look for the OSFM rosters in the Roster Vault.
Ok sorry but then how do I go about putting that into my game? Do I have to save it to a USB then put it into PS3? I've never done that before and I'm not quite sure how.
 
# 20 sink4ever @ 04/25/12 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjm
Ok sorry but then how do I go about putting that into my game? Do I have to save it to a USB then put it into PS3? I've never done that before and I'm not quite sure how.
Do you have online access on your PS3? If so, just go into Vaults in the game, then into Roster vault. Download the roster to your PS3 and then load them. If you don't have online access through your PS3, go here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...lable-now.html

Download the roster to your computer, unzip as needed, and transfer to a USB stick. Then transfer it to your PS3.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.