Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post


4 NFL Players Advance to the Semi-Finals
of the Madden NFL 13 Cover Vote Competition

April 11, 2012 Fans nationwide have been casting their votes to determine the next cover athlete for Madden NFL 13, logging nearly 18 million votes at ESPN.com/MaddenVote since the competition began on March 7. Round 3 of the bracket-style phase of the Madden NFL 13 Cover Vote resulted in upsets such as No. 6 seed Calvin Johnson (WR, Detroit Lions) surpassing No. 2 seed Rob Gronkowski (TE, New England Patriots) and No. 11 seed Patrick Willis (LB, San Francisco 49ers) beating out No. 2 seed Victor Cruz (WR, New York Giants). Fan favorites Cam Newton (QB, Carolina Panthers) and Aaron Rogers (QB, Green Bay Packers) were also selected to advance to the semi-finals.

ROUND 4 BREAKDOWN OF MADDEN NFL 13 COVER VOTE CAMPAIGN
  • Cam Newton vs. Patrick Willis
  • Aaron Rodgers vs. Calvin Johnson
Over the next week, fans will be voting to determine which two candidates will move on to the final round of the Madden NFL 13 Cover Vote, culminating with the unveiling of the Madden NFL 13 cover athlete winner on ESPN's SportsNation on April 25 at 5 p.m. ET.

Round 4 voting is now open and fans can make their selections exclusively at ESPN.com/MaddenVote to determine which of the two NFL players will advance to the final round of the Madden NFL 13 Cover Vote competition. Every Wednesday throughout the campaign, fans can tune in to SportsNation at 5 p.m. ET for analysis and commentary on the competition.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 mALiZ @ 04/11/12 12:09 PM
NFC wins again and I hope Aaron Rodgers win....cuz I like the other 3 (especially Cam Newton).

The curse lives...
 
# 2 EAGLESFAN10 @ 04/11/12 12:14 PM
It should be Cam Newton but 2 be honest I would like ALL 4 2 be on the cover lol

but it looks like 3 people on the shaded out cover so who knows
 
# 3 PGaither84 @ 04/11/12 12:25 PM
I don't believe in a Madden curse. Give me P-Willy!!!

It will go well with my Justin Smith Custom Cover for Madden 12.
 
# 4 jmurphy31 @ 04/11/12 12:37 PM
My guess is it will come down to Newton and Johnson...
 
# 5 wallofhate @ 04/11/12 01:03 PM
Rodgers seems like the pick that makes the most sense. It would be cool to see Patrick get some love though
 
# 6 EAGLESFAN10 @ 04/11/12 03:07 PM
Patrick Willis could get ... I mean when is the last time a defensive playmaker was on the cover since Ray Lewis besides the one with Fitzgerald and Troy
 
# 7 DUDERMAN @ 04/11/12 03:21 PM
Thank God that the one year wonder, Victor Overrated Cruz, is out of the running.
 
# 8 mpt54 @ 04/11/12 03:22 PM
In my Madden bracket I had Cam Newton and Calvin Johnson in the Finals
 
# 9 MiNiDiTkA @ 04/11/12 03:26 PM
You can do this Aaron Rodgers
Spoiler
 
# 10 EAGLESFAN10 @ 04/11/12 03:30 PM
@DUDERMAN i agree with u ... Comin from another EAGLES fan
 
# 11 PackerBacker123 @ 04/11/12 05:02 PM
NO BODY VOTE FOR RODGERS. OR I'LL HUNT U DOWN AND SEND YOU A WELL THOUGHT OUT ANGRY LETTER>
 
# 12 PGaither84 @ 04/11/12 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDERMAN
Thank God that the one year wonder, Victor Overrated Cruz, is out of the running.



It's okay Eagles fans. you'll win the division next year.
 
# 13 Jaaa @ 04/11/12 05:28 PM
Cam Newton was born to break the Madden curse. His swagger is a greater force in the universe than the curse itself.
 
# 14 EAGLESFAN10 @ 04/11/12 06:26 PM
haha I know we will, yall will 2 better hope the SEAHAWKS dont sneak up on yall REAL TALK lol
 
# 15 DUDERMAN @ 04/11/12 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
It's okay Eagles fans. you'll win the division next year.
It's not about being bitter. I wouldn't post if their player was Nicks, Manning, or Pierre-Paul. Hell, I voted for DeMarcus Ware and it had nothing to do with a curse. I vote for players I feel are deserving. Victor Cruz, to me, is currently the most overrated player in the NFL.
 
# 16 Beastly Wayz @ 04/11/12 06:59 PM
Madden will stick suck, but Let's go MEGATRON
 
# 17 EAGLESFAN10 @ 04/11/12 07:05 PM
Lesean McCoy should be on the cover but he didnt make the make the final four
 
# 18 Ueauvan @ 04/12/12 06:52 AM
why not have the winner, imo Discount Double Check, being sacked by 52

i dont really want my fav player (Pat) being open to any curse if it exists though
 
# 19 Tyrant8RDFL @ 04/12/12 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDERMAN
It's not about being bitter. I wouldn't post if their player was Nicks, Manning, or Pierre-Paul. Hell, I voted for DeMarcus Ware and it had nothing to do with a curse. I vote for players I feel are deserving. Victor Cruz, to me, is currently the most overrated player in the NFL.
This make no sense at all. Victor Cruz being overated?

Honestly this sounds like your a h8er. This was Victor's first year and he put up some very nice numbers. 82 / 1536 / 9TD

The guy runs great routes and is a very difficult one on one cover. He also helps move the chains where some Wr are just hr hitters. LIke you guy Jackson. Even with Jackson being a HR hitter. Jackson only had 4 TD's comparted to Cruz's 9.

Your entitled to your opinion , but calling V.Cruz over rated sounds silly, and if this is the case. Then you have trouble at the WR position, becuase Cruz out performed them both.
This is according to you since your stating Cruz is the most over rated player in the league.
 
# 20 mjhyankees @ 04/12/12 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
This make no sense at all. Victor Cruz being overated?

Honestly this sounds like your a h8er. This was Victor's first year and he put up some very nice numbers. 82 / 1536 / 9TD

The guy runs great routes and is a very difficult one on one cover. He also helps move the chains where some Wr are just hr hitters. LIke you guy Jackson. Even with Jackson being a HR hitter. Jackson only had 4 TD's comparted to Cruz's 9.

Your entitled to your opinion , but calling V.Cruz over rated sounds silly, and if this is the case. Then you have trouble at the WR position, becuase Cruz out performed them both.
This is according to you since your stating Cruz is the most over rated player in the league.

If that guy thinks Cruz is overrated then he doesn't know much about football. Just logically, how can a guy who was undrafted, walks out on the field and catches balls for 1000 yards, not to mention some of the biggest catches of the season, not to mention the Pats were so afraid of him they doubled him the whole game in the SB.....overrated???? Really????? Come on buddy. No one is saying he's megatron, but I'm telling you right now, he'd be the #1 reciever on about half of the teams in the league. Maybe more. I can probably think of 10-15 guys that I think are better than him...maybe a few more but I'd easily say he's in the top 25 in the league.
Shoot, during the entire playoffs the opposing teams focused on taking him away by doubling or other things. That's why Nix had such a good post season...he saw single coverage from their #2 corner every game. The beauty as a Giants fan is that the other teams have to pick your poision...and if you cover both of them, a guy like Manningham or their TE could hurt you too. I'm not saying he should be the Madden cover guy..but hey if Hillis made it...why not?
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.