Home
Tiger 13 News Post



This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

For those of you playing Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 with Kinect controls, how do you like it so far?

Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 10 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Brian_OS @ 03/27/12 10:52 PM
So far not good. While playing the game with my son when the Kinect sensor recognized him,the game rebooted....
 
# 2 huntt26 @ 03/27/12 11:15 PM
Other than the menus, I am really enjoying the controls. I am not sure yet how "sim" they are, but it is still a lot of fun and they function well on the course.
 
# 3 DivotMaker @ 03/28/12 06:07 AM
I am enjoying the Kinect controls. However, I have found a couple of issues that occur randomply that need to be patched.

1. About once and sometimes twice per round, I will set up a shot, put my hands together in my grip to get ready to swing and the Kinect will swing for me with no action from me. This usually ends up with a decent result, but it should not be happening at all. I have posted this on the EA Tiger forums and the Dev Team is aware of it.

2. The other issue is the opposite of the one above. There are times during a round I will set up a shot, address the ball, swing, and nothing happens other than going back to the shot setup screen. This is annoying and I have made the Devs aware of this as well.

Otherwise, I prefer the Kinect interface to the controller and if EA can resolve the two issues I have posted above, I won't touch my controller again for this game.
 
# 4 burter @ 03/28/12 07:57 AM
My problem with the Kinect is that it isn't getting my full swing. For some reason on my back swing, sometimes it won't get the full back swing and the ball will go like a 50-100 yards less than it should on drives. Sometimes it does but I have stop using kinect because of it. Instead of doing a normal golf swing sometimes I would have to do a back swing and put it above my head like if I was a batter waiting on a pitch. Really annoying me and I have calibrated it again and moved the kinect around and still getting this.
 
# 5 Millennium @ 03/28/12 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
I am enjoying the Kinect controls. However, I have found a couple of issues that occur randomply that need to be patched.

1. About once and sometimes twice per round, I will set up a shot, put my hands together in my grip to get ready to swing and the Kinect will swing for me with no action from me. This usually ends up with a decent result, but it should not be happening at all. I have posted this on the EA Tiger forums and the Dev Team is aware of it.

2. The other issue is the opposite of the one above. There are times during a round I will set up a shot, address the ball, swing, and nothing happens other than going back to the shot setup screen. This is annoying and I have made the Devs aware of this as well.

Otherwise, I prefer the Kinect interface to the controller and if EA can resolve the two issues I have posted above, I won't touch my controller again for this game.
How accurately do you feel it represents your golf swing, and does making adjustments matter?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
 
# 6 burter @ 03/28/12 08:53 AM
Sounds like most of you aren't having my problem. How far are you all standing back? Maybe that is causing my problem. At work so can't check.
 
# 7 buckeyedawgtribe @ 03/28/12 09:27 AM
Meh...keep us updated..I may pick this up in the fall once the price drops just to play with kinect controls..
 
# 8 mcmax3000 @ 03/28/12 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
I am enjoying the Kinect controls. However, I have found a couple of issues that occur randomply that need to be patched.

1. About once and sometimes twice per round, I will set up a shot, put my hands together in my grip to get ready to swing and the Kinect will swing for me with no action from me. This usually ends up with a decent result, but it should not be happening at all. I have posted this on the EA Tiger forums and the Dev Team is aware of it.

2. The other issue is the opposite of the one above. There are times during a round I will set up a shot, address the ball, swing, and nothing happens other than going back to the shot setup screen. This is annoying and I have made the Devs aware of this as well.

Otherwise, I prefer the Kinect interface to the controller and if EA can resolve the two issues I have posted above, I won't touch my controller again for this game.

I experienced both of those issues in the demo, as well as a general clunkiness with navigating the in game UI for things like setting up the shot and changing the club (it went downright haywire on us a couple of times). I haven't tried Kinect in the main game yet to see if I'm still having those issues.
 
# 9 Smiley79 @ 03/28/12 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burter
My problem with the Kinect is that it isn't getting my full swing. For some reason on my back swing, sometimes it won't get the full back swing and the ball will go like a 50-100 yards less than it should on drives. Sometimes it does but I have stop using kinect because of it. Instead of doing a normal golf swing sometimes I would have to do a back swing and put it above my head like if I was a batter waiting on a pitch. Really annoying me and I have calibrated it again and moved the kinect around and still getting this.
I started having similar issues while in the middle of a round online last night. I noticed that all of my tee shots and most of my approach shots were coming up short (some drives were 100 yards less than expected). So after the round, I went into the practice facility and tried to figure out what I was doing. What I found out is that because I was starting to fatigue, I was becoming a little more lazy with my shot. The problem wasn't so much the actual swing, but the problem ended up being I was not following through (and holding). Any time I took a swing, I'd put my arms down because I figured that the shot was finished. But by swinging and holding my form (for just a few seconds), the distance on my shots returned to normal.

So, take a good look at your swing (and follow-through). Approach the game like you would approach a shot on an actual course, and see if your experience changes.
 
# 10 burter @ 03/28/12 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley79
I started having similar issues while in the middle of a round online last night. I noticed that all of my tee shots and most of my approach shots were coming up short (some drives were 100 yards less than expected). So after the round, I went into the practice facility and tried to figure out what I was doing. What I found out is that because I was starting to fatigue, I was becoming a little more lazy with my shot. The problem wasn't so much the actual swing, but the problem ended up being I was not following through (and holding). Any time I took a swing, I'd put my arms down because I figured that the shot was finished. But by swinging and holding my form (for just a few seconds), the distance on my shots returned to normal.

So, take a good look at your swing (and follow-through). Approach the game like you would approach a shot on an actual course, and see if your experience changes.
On my lunch break, so I tried it and that isn't it. From what I am seeing on the back swing when I come to swing forward it's doing a Charles Barkley double check. Like it wants to come forward but it stops for a second than comes forward. So it's not getting my full power. I'm just getting way frustrated right now because I got this pretty much for kinect. I would have stayed with my TW 2004 pc game. I haven't had problems with other games the way I do with this one. It's just annoying the hell out of me at this point.
 
# 11 burter @ 03/28/12 10:09 PM
Update. Well still the same problem but I figured out a way to golf at least, using the batting thing I talked about earlier with my hands above and to the way left side of my head. What's crazy is my driver shot, which is because I have my swing like that, goes about 20-50 yards farther than the 244yards it says (and my other shots go farther also so I have to aim shot and bring it back some so I don't over shoot). Wish I could drive like that in real life lol. On Tour Pro level btw.

I don't think I can keep doing that once I get passed amateur area because I'm guessing my shot will go all over the place, but will see.

Did my first round at the first amateur course and shot an -8. Going to try one more thing to help. Thinking I'm not getting enough light in the living room, so going to open blinds in the morning (in an apartment no light in the living room only kitchen light).
 
# 12 kbmnm247 @ 03/29/12 11:56 AM
Am I the only one who thinks the kinect is easy to use? I played on Tour Pro mode with McElroy and shot like a 6 under on Sawgrass the first time I played it. I also got a hole in one on hole 17. I feel like it doesnt matter what I really do on the kinect the ball goes exactly to where I have the aim/mark at... am I the only one that feels this way?
 
# 13 longhead @ 03/29/12 12:10 PM
I like the kinect controls,but feel it doesnt represent hooks and slices like in my real life swing lol.Good start by ea using the technology,it should only get better.
 
# 14 burter @ 03/29/12 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmnm247
Am I the only one who thinks the kinect is easy to use? I played on Tour Pro mode with McElroy and shot like a 6 under on Sawgrass the first time I played it. I also got a hole in one on hole 17. I feel like it doesnt matter what I really do on the kinect the ball goes exactly to where I have the aim/mark at... am I the only one that feels this way?
Yea it seems that way. Even with me having to do my weird swing to get it to read me right, it still feels like it's really easy on Tour Pro. I will try the hardest lvl when I get home and see.
 
# 15 burter @ 03/31/12 02:00 AM
I'm at my wits end with this. I might go pick it up for ps3 and use the move. I just don't get wtf is going on. If i turn sideways from the tv and do my motion it picks up my backswing perfect (of course I can't do the follow through because the Kinect can't see it with me facing sideways but it sees my back motion). But if I face the kinect and do my regular motion the 2 dots that are my hands get lost or just disappear or are no where near where my hands are. I just do not get what is going on. I have never been this f-ing pissed at a game,ever. I want to play it really bad with kinect but it is just not reading me.....

Edit: Ok I'm trying to stay calm here, it's hard. Anyways I found a way for me to do my normal swing. I'm standing kind of Diagonal and it is reading my back swing perfect and it is doing my front swing also. So this isn't bad at all now. At least I can enjoy the game now without hurting my swing.
 
# 16 josef @ 03/31/12 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burter
I'm at my wits end with this. I might go pick it up for ps3 and use the move. I just don't get wtf is going on. If i turn sideways from the tv and do my motion it picks up my backswing perfect (of course I can't do the follow through because the Kinect can't see it with me facing sideways but it sees my back motion). But if I face the kinect and do my regular motion the 2 dots that are my hands get lost or just disappear or are no where near where my hands are. I just do not get what is going on. I have never been this f-ing pissed at a game,ever. I want to play it really bad with kinect but it is just not reading me.....

Edit: Ok I'm trying to stay calm here, it's hard. Anyways I found a way for me to do my normal swing. I'm standing kind of Diagonal and it is reading my back swing perfect and it is doing my front swing also. So this isn't bad at all now. At least I can enjoy the game now without hurting my swing.
Hey Burter, have you calibrated your kinect lately? and how's your lighting in your room? is it above your tv or below? I'm just curious.. it just seems like you shouldn't be having that many issues. I plan on trying the Kinect version out today so I'll report back on how it goes.
 
# 17 Brian_OS @ 03/31/12 09:53 AM
calibrating fixed my issues. now it is picking up my entire swing. By moving the camera up a few inches it now works.
 
# 18 Brian_OS @ 03/31/12 10:08 AM
You guys should check out this video.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/03/30...r-13-interview

In the video Tiger says there are 62 million shots in the game when using the Kinect. At this point I think I have only found 1. I get the same consistent swing and predictable distance on every shot regardless of form.

Then he says they want to make the game accessible to people who have never played a golf game before....

This leads me to believe the game is assisting you in a major way when using the Kinect. If it really did track my swing in excruciating detail, I would shank the ball consistently like i do in real life.
 
# 19 kbmnm247 @ 03/31/12 12:13 PM
I agree with Brian. Unless it's because I'm only on Tour Pro mode?
 
# 20 burter @ 03/31/12 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by josef
Hey Burter, have you calibrated your kinect lately? and how's your lighting in your room? is it above your tv or below? I'm just curious.. it just seems like you shouldn't be having that many issues. I plan on trying the Kinect version out today so I'll report back on how it goes.
Yea Josef, and Brian, I have calibrated it a few times. I'm not sure what is really going on. I have my kinect chest high, on top of the tv (about 4 1/2 to 5 feet up).

So I was able to try out opening the blinds to my apartment since I was home this morning and that worked. It was about not having enough light. So standing a certain way is getting the kitchen light on me better. Going to go buy a lamp now for my living room lol. Thanks guys. I won't lie, I didn't think it was my light at all because all the other games worked great.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.