11:41 AM - March 25, 2012 by MMChrisS
Just received word from Brad at OOTP Developments that iOOTP 2012 is on track for an early April release. I should be getting my hands on the game within the next day or so. Check out the features list of this year's game:
- Just like its big brother, iOOTP 2012 features the complete 2012 roster set. Every player on every major league team is available, with complete ratings and career stats, along with the top 10 minor league prospects for each team. (The rosters will be up-to-date as of March 24, when we're submitting the game to Apple, but shortly after the game's release on 4/5, we will release a free update with Opening Day rosters.)
- Detailed player histories, including award histories, are now available, and there are more league leaderboards, for a total of 8.
- As in last year's game, the HD iPad version is included free, and many of the game's screens have been reworked to take advantage of the larger display. Some iPad screens, such as the box score, have been improved from last year's game to allow the display of even more information.
- We've revamped iOOTP's user interface, and we've greatly improved the roster management and trading AI.
- Historical seasons now have real schedules, so you can play through your favorite team's past seasons as they really happened.
- Like last year, three free historical seasons will be included. This year they're 1924, 1969 and 1995. Bundles with 10 seasons and single seasons will be available for purchase.
- On the fictional side, iOOTP 2012 includes one new fictional setup, along with the ability to choose any year to start your fictional league, complete with stats and finances from that era.
- While managing a game, you can opt to use pitch-by-pitch mode, and you can sim until a specific inning. You can also change game options during a sim.
- In addition, you can now use the DH in any league and you can disable finances. You can also edit league, sub-league, and division names (division names are editable only in the iPad version.)
- We've enabled iTunes Share, which makes it easier to transfer saves or add logos to the game.