Home
News Post

These videos are examples in MLB 12 The Show gameplay, showcasing some of the little things that we will see. This is Part 1 of... Let's just say, there's more to come! If you want it...


Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 54 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Doormat @ 02/28/12 10:15 PM
That backspin was BEAUTIFUL..
 
# 2 brobamigo @ 02/28/12 10:16 PM
I loved how quick they got the ball in from the outfield in that 3rd video
 
# 3 bcruise @ 02/28/12 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
These videos are examples in MLB 12 The Show gameplay, showcasing some of the little things that we will see. This is Part 1 of... Let's just say, there's more to come! If you want it...
Oh come on, like you really need to ask....

So is this a review copy or short clips sent by SCEA?
 
# 4 Phillies2010 @ 02/28/12 10:19 PM
The glove contact was amazing, love how the ball just didn't morph into the glove. Everything looks great
 
# 5 bigdaddykraven @ 02/28/12 10:20 PM
I gotta say they look awesome except for video #4. The bounce off the glove is awesome but when he lands his glove remains completely open. If you watch most guys in real baseball games, when they make a dive, they close their glove as they slide on the field. I was hoping that the glove closing for catches would also translate into other aspects of the game.

Small thing and by no means ia game breaker just disappointed me because it was something I was hoping for. I'm excited for the hitting though, won't have to see what seems like the same 3-4 canned hits. Still very pumped for this game.
 
# 6 tvman @ 02/28/12 10:24 PM
Ok, now i get what everybody's been talking about regarding the new "ball physics'.
 
# 7 Chris_SCEA_Sports @ 02/28/12 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddykraven
I gotta say they look awesome except for video #4. The bounce off the glove is awesome but when he lands his glove remains completely open. If you watch most guys in real baseball games, when they make a dive, they close their glove as they slide on the field. I was hoping that the glove closing for catches would also translate into other aspects of the game.

Small thing and by no means ia game breaker just disappointed me because it was something I was hoping for. I'm excited for the hitting though, won't have to see what seems like the same 3-4 canned hits. Still very pumped for this game.
Something for '13!



Chris
 
# 8 Sparkles @ 02/28/12 10:27 PM
these videos make me want to get a ps3 or vita..... (360 owner)
 
# 9 Chris_SCEA_Sports @ 02/28/12 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballaholic04
The only thing that this series needs to improve now is outfield animations and grass texture but this game is gonna be a gem.
Okay, so gloves closing on dives and outfield animations for next year. Sounds like a pretty easy year for the animators. Sweeet!!

Chris
 
# 10 bigdaddykraven @ 02/28/12 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_SCEA_Sports
Something for '13!



Chris
yay! Put that and full record books in and I'll shut up :P

Seriously though, Amazing work by the whole team. The only reason we nit-pick about any of these little things is because the game has done such an amazing job of everything down to that level! Every year I'm in such awe of this game.

I just wanna go to sleep and wake up Next Tuesday already Thanks SCEA.
 
# 11 bigdaddykraven @ 02/28/12 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_SCEA_Sports
Okay, so gloves closing on dives and outfield animations for next year. Sounds like a pretty easy year for the animators. Sweeet!!

Chris
Now now, you know we aren't letting you off that easy. Give us 30 minutes with the game and we'll be begging for SS doing backflips and bullpen guys with their own special "entrances."
 
# 12 JustinVerlander35 @ 02/28/12 10:33 PM
This just makes me want the game even more
 
# 13 PovertyStricken @ 02/28/12 10:35 PM
Thanks for the videos. I'm very pleased with how well the ball physics appear to be done. Not only did they get the directional aspect of physics, but the ball actually appears to have have weight in all areas of the field (bouncing off the glove, wall, and the rotations)

The idea of not morphing through players this year really does have me excited. Looking forward to picking up my copy on release day!

(Long time reader, but first post on OS)
 
# 14 woz411 @ 02/28/12 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinVerlander35
This just makes me want the game even more
Hibernate until tue and it will only seem like a day has passed yet it will be tue!


Yah i can't wait either
 
# 15 lgkeeper @ 02/28/12 10:37 PM
These videos are great. Though I like the "gameplay" videos, I'm essentially watching them to see these things, which you guys have already picked out. Thanks!
 
# 16 gator3guy @ 02/28/12 10:38 PM
Another little thing but why is Ryan Howard covering second base on a close double? No need for a double cut on a ball like that. Besides, he should only be trailing the runner if anything, not covering second for a tag play. Other than that though, looks cool.

Video #3 BTW
 
# 17 JustinVerlander35 @ 02/28/12 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woz411
Hibernate until tue and it will only seem like a day has passed yet it will be tue!


Yah i can't wait either
If it were only that easy.
 
# 18 jeffy777 @ 02/28/12 10:38 PM
Great stuff. Everything looks incredible.

MOAR!!
 
# 19 PhillsPhan26 @ 02/28/12 10:40 PM
Things are looks pretty sweet. I like in the first video how the ball spins more after hitting the ground. BTW This might be for 13 wish list but how cool would helmets popping off when rounding the bases or sliding head first?
 
# 20 Majingir @ 02/28/12 10:58 PM
Never noticed 3 and 4 weren't in previous MLB game.

#2 is the best though. Hated how the collisions never really happened despite guys walking right into each other(and sometimes,partially through).

Can we call off plays in this years game? And if not, hopefully the collision doesn't mess up some plays(such as pop flies inbetween CF/SS and bunts where 3B/C/P all run for it)
 

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.