Home
MLB 2K12 News Post


IGN has posted some new MLB 2K12 screenshots.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K12 Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 12 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 mpgm @ 02/10/12 07:37 PM
It thanks.
2k12 graphics it is identical 99%
 
# 2 Blzer @ 02/10/12 07:54 PM
Swing animations are just mechanically awful.

They can't seem to get Pujols's face right since 2K7, either.
 
# 3 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/10/12 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Swing animations are just mechanically awful.

They can't seem to get Pujols's face right since 2K7, either.
C'mon Blzr, you know the game never looks like screen shots once you get it home.

Pujols MLB 2K11 on my Toshiba LED

 
# 4 Blitzburgh @ 02/10/12 08:59 PM
I think they look dam good to me and improved over 2k11. I don't see the jaggy shadows in those pics!
 
# 5 queensbomber @ 02/10/12 09:11 PM
I personally think they look awesome, yes the swing animations look off but overall they look great.
Still, theyre just screenshots and NOT gameplay.
 
# 6 Bat @ 02/10/12 09:45 PM
maybe it's old news or something but first time I noticed the players having the Phiten necklaces in game. Pretty cool!
 
# 7 dodgerblue @ 02/10/12 10:38 PM
The lighting for the night games looks to be a bit better. Hopefully that's not just touchup.
 
# 8 jeffy777 @ 02/10/12 10:44 PM
They look alright.

Wish the Wrigley screen was of Castro. He's basically the only star on the team now.
 
# 9 rock85 @ 02/11/12 02:32 AM
[quote=Blzer;2043352819]Swing animations are just mechanically awful.

I was just going to post the same thing. I hope if they keep this series going they really need to work on this among some other things
 
# 10 Tomba @ 02/11/12 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgm
It thanks.
2k12 graphics it is identical 99%
Maybe. BUT I believe the faces are about 25% better and they have the magnetic necklaces now

It's almost like THIS game could have been 2K10. Which if THIS(2k12 version) came out in 2010. Then yeah it'd be pretty sweet, But NOT in 2012.

DATED LOOK
 
# 11 mpgm @ 02/11/12 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Maybe. BUT I believe the faces are about 25% better and they have the magnetic necklaces now

It's almost like THIS game could have been 2K10. Which if THIS(2k12 version) came out in 2010. Then yeah it'd be pretty sweet, But NOT in 2012.

DATED LOOK
Nba2k12 = Is the graphic which is identical difficult?
To this time it became minor ver.

ps - Doesn't the Screenshot window make like this?
Running hitter features of small window
2k8 window Rehabilitation please !
 
# 12 Bulls321974 @ 02/11/12 07:51 AM
Sorry, but...that's supposed to be Prince Fielder? A guy who's officially listed 5'11" weighing 275 lbs? Considering the fact that no other MLB player has that kind of built, it's a joke seeing Prince Fielder losing at least 60 lbs on that very image. I just don't get why 2K keep doing things wrong that drastically. Colors are way off again, too. I just thought Fielder is going to play for the Dodgers when I saw that picture for the first time. If that's supposed to be a Tigers uniform, my name's Britney from now on...
 
# 13 Bulls321974 @ 02/11/12 07:55 AM
Sorry, I really don't wanna spoil your game, guys. But why does the color red always looks kind of magenta when 2K has worked on it? The Cardinals, Angels and Phillies red is so absolutely off that it hurts my eyes. Every fan of these teams should be annoyed seeing that. The guys at 2K have been doing the same kind of mistakes over and over again - also on NBA 2K. The Chicago Bulls uniforms look a little better this year but a couple of other reddish colors still are off (e.g. the NBA logo on OKC's court)
 
# 14 kg54mvp1 @ 02/11/12 08:07 AM
C'mon! Why can't they add all of the renovations to target field?!? It shouldn't be that hard
 
# 15 dodgerblue @ 02/11/12 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
Ha-ha @ that last comment. My point exactly about the little things like uni colors which I talked about in a thread yesterday. Questionable graphics, animations, gameplay, bugs, etc. are all part of every game. But there's just no excuse for these same issues every single year with all the little things (missing/outdated players' pics being another) they could and should get right.
I remember when 2k7 had dodger stadium looking teal instead of blue. Glad they finally fixed that but yeah, the palette has always been off.
 
# 16 Bulls321974 @ 02/11/12 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
Ha-ha @ that last comment. My point exactly about the little things like uni colors which I talked about in a thread yesterday. Questionable graphics, animations, gameplay, bugs, etc. are all part of every game. But there's just no excuse for these same issues every single year with all the little things (missing/outdated players' pics being another) they could and should get right.
Absolutely true...
 
# 17 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/11/12 09:17 AM
So if the graphics haven't changed (per many on this board) how is it that Prince Fielder has suddenly lost 100 lbs, when in 2k11 his player model looked great?

I get 2k's color palette is bad. This has been an issue for a while. But the 1 thing 2k does well is Player Models & Sig Styles. So to claim otherwise because of a screen shot, we'll I guess it's OS being OS
 
# 18 The Bimmer @ 02/11/12 09:31 AM
Those screenshots are an upgrade from last year. As long as they didnt mess with the fun factor of this game I will be happy. The nitpickers go back to curling your hair!!!!
 
# 19 Bulls321974 @ 02/11/12 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bimmer
Those screenshots are an upgrade from last year. As long as they didnt mess with the fun factor of this game I will be happy. The nitpickers go back to curling your hair!!!!
Has nothing to do with nitpicking at all. We're talking facts here. I'm an advertising graphic designer, so I have to tell red from magenta and all the other hues in between there. If I wasn't able to do that, I wouldn't have had that job for that long...
 
# 20 The Bimmer @ 02/11/12 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls321974
Has nothing to do with nitpicking at all. We're talking facts here. I'm an advertising graphic designer, so I have to tell red from magenta and all the other hues in between there. If I wasn't able to do that, I wouldn't have had that job for that long...
I understand Bulls. It is clear that 2k needs a good graphics designer. I played this game for the first time last year and it was fun. I guess there are 2 ways to look at this game, A. What are they doing right? B. What did they fail to do.

I seen an improvement in graphics in those screenshots.
 

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.