Home
News Post

Check out the new MLB 12 The Show screenshots, showing off the new default camera view, as well as a few other tidbits. Can you find them all?


Click here for a higher resolution screenshot.


Click here for a higher resolution screenshot.


Click here for a higher resolution screenshot.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 54 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 authentic @ 12/30/11 02:28 PM
Looking good!
 
# 2 tree3five @ 12/30/11 02:30 PM
nice, thanks ramone!

are we able to turn off the power/contact swing icons in the lower left this year?

EDIT: I like how you can see the pitchers confidence and energy.
 
# 3 Bamafan3723 @ 12/30/11 02:31 PM
Want. Game. Now.
 
# 4 BlackBetty15 @ 12/30/11 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tree3five
nice, thanks ramone!

are we able to turn off the power/contact swing icons in the lower left this year?

EDIT: I like how you can see the pitchers confidence and energy.
Yes, thanks ramone...please tell me you guys are giving us the option to turn off that clutter on the screen. The CPU pitches, power swing and all that clutter ihas been a sore spot for me since the ps2 days.
 
# 5 nemesis04 @ 12/30/11 02:35 PM
Look at that jazzy new PCI!!
 
# 6 Marino @ 12/30/11 02:37 PM
That was one of my key things, I love how the energy bar is on the screen right there instead of having to press the select button. Small but still, great thing!
 
# 7 tnixen @ 12/30/11 02:37 PM
Looks very nice.

Russell any chance of adding the Pitchers Pitch Count to the Scorebar at the top of the screen?

Or somehere else on the screen so you don't need to press the Select button anymore to see it
 
# 8 DickDalewood @ 12/30/11 02:37 PM
Love it!!!
 
# 9 tree3five @ 12/30/11 02:40 PM
i like the new score banner at the top of the screen, looks sharp.
 
# 10 Bobhead @ 12/30/11 02:50 PM
I definitely like how it looks! I assume these shots are from 2-player games, and that's why there are so many on-screen displays er... displaying?
 
# 11 tnixen @ 12/30/11 03:12 PM
L1+ O INT seems to be missing.
 
# 12 Ollienyy @ 12/30/11 03:14 PM
Not too fond of the scorebox at the top, was hoping they would switch to the Scorebug format like most networks have.
 
# 13 Russell_SCEA @ 12/30/11 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tree3five
nice, thanks ramone!

are we able to turn off the power/contact swing icons in the lower left this year?

EDIT: I like how you can see the pitchers confidence and energy.

No, you can only turn off the swing info box on the right side of the screen.
 
# 14 Russell_SCEA @ 12/30/11 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
Yes, thanks ramone...please tell me you guys are giving us the option to turn off that clutter on the screen. The CPU pitches, power swing and all that clutter ihas been a sore spot for me since the ps2 days.

Nope, this is something that only the hard core really wants. In every focus test we have ever done for the game we always hear the game is to hard and there isn't enough info given to the user.
 
# 15 Russell_SCEA @ 12/30/11 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Looks very nice.

Russell any chance of adding the Pitchers Pitch Count to the Scorebar at the top of the screen?

Or somehere else on the screen so you don't need to press the Select button anymore to see it

No, but the energy bar is tied to his pitch count it will dynamically update after every pitch. There will also be a little black line that lets you know when he hits the 25% energy mark.
 
# 16 Russell_SCEA @ 12/30/11 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
L1+ O INT seems to be missing.

It animates now from pitch out to intentional walk.
 
# 17 Russell_SCEA @ 12/30/11 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
Im not sure how I feel about the pitcher energy and confidence. as an opponent should we really be privy to that information?

It's always been in the game all you had to do was hit select to see it. Confidence was also shown just not for the pitcher overall just his overall control over his pitches.
 
# 18 Blzer @ 12/30/11 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Nope, this is something that only the hard core really wants. In every focus test we have ever done for the game we always hear the game is to hard and there isn't enough info given to the user.
I think he just meant a toggle option, not as an "only" thing or as a default. We can disable baserunner windows, after all.

Main reason I'd like it turned off myself is because I own a plasma. Otherwise, yeah, I don't mind not having clutter (as an option for myself, of course).
 
# 19 DetroitStyle @ 12/30/11 03:40 PM
Maybe i just don't have a keen eye but it all looks kind of the same to me. Except of course for few new info boxes on the screen. Would like to see some 3D grass like in NCAA but that might have to be for a future title. Can't wait to see the new broadcast presentations/stat overlays though.
 
# 20 Russell_SCEA @ 12/30/11 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
Maybe i just don't have a keen eye but it all looks kind of the same to me. Except of course for few new info boxes on the screen. Would like to see some 3D grass like in NCAA but that might have to be for a future title. Can't wait to see the new broadcast presentations/stat overlays though.

The score bar, pitch info, and swing info box is completely redesigned new art. The default camera view is also a very big change from last year. It would be great if someone could take a picture using the same teams from MLB 11 so you can see side by side just how different the art is.

As far as 3D grass not going to happen anytime soon it takes up to much memory.
 

« Previous1234567891819Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.