Home
UFC Undisputed 3 News Post


If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: UFC Undisputed 3Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 11 - View All
UFC Undisputed 3 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 LingeringRegime @ 12/25/11 10:31 AM
Dumbest thing I have ever heard. I don't give a damn about Twitter or Facebook, so I am out of a fighter then? Sick of all these gimmicks.
 
# 2 aholbert32 @ 12/25/11 11:05 AM
Jesus people. Its called marketing. I can understand that people are upset about the gamestop thing (I am too because I would prefer to buy my game somewhere else) but complaining about this? Most people have a Facebook account so its as simple as pressing the "like" button and adding your email address.

Don't have or want a Facebook account...create a fake one, press the like button and just have THQ send the code to your correct email address. That simple.
 
# 3 LingeringRegime @ 12/26/11 08:18 AM
I guess.

Just seems shady to me.
 
# 4 aholbert32 @ 12/26/11 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
I guess.

Just seems shady to me.
How is it shady though? Everybody gets the fighter as long as you provide your email. You don't event have to let them use the email for marketing purposes. You can opt out of the newsletter and unlike the page.
 
# 5 LingeringRegime @ 12/26/11 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
How is it shady though? Everybody gets the fighter as long as you provide your email. You don't event have to let them use the email for marketing purposes. You can opt out of the newsletter and unlike the page.
I wasn't aware of that, I guess it's alright then.
 
# 6 aholbert32 @ 12/27/11 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
I don't call it marketing,I call it being asked to spam friends or go through hassle to get something that should be included with the game to begin with.

I also call it I'm renting the game because they've done nothing to earn my pre-order,only make me not want to play it and will be missing out on 3 possible #1 contenders/champions and that will of course negatively effect my experience.

They should be working for us. Not the other way around. They want our $60 and want us to do even more to get stuff that should be there? No.

Marketing department needs to be canned. Only thing that's made them look good so far was the Pride video.
I'm not talking about the gamestop preorder so the "missing out on 3 possible contenders" thing doesn't apply. As I said earlier, its not a "hassle". Its pressing a button. If thats considered a "hassle", I have no idea what you consider hard work.
 
# 7 Gotmadskillzson @ 12/27/11 12:20 PM
I just feel bad for those who don't own a PC. Those are the ones who are S.O.L
 
# 8 aholbert32 @ 12/27/11 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I just feel bad for those who don't own a PC. Those are the ones who are S.O.L
I'll be honest if you own an xbox 360 or ps3 and don't own a pc (you can get a one for around 300 bucks)....your priorities are probably a little messed up.
 
# 9 aholbert32 @ 12/27/11 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
I was including Overeem in those 3 with Davis and Diaz.
And yes it is a hassle because I wouldn't spam my friends with this bull**** so would have to dig up an old account or make a new one just to get a fighter that they lisenced for the game yet didn't include.
You aren't spamming them. LOL. All it says is you "like" UFC Undisputed. It appears once on their timeline. Thats it. I'm amazed that people are complaining about this.
 
# 10 jeremym480 @ 12/27/11 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You aren't spamming them. LOL. All it says is you "like" UFC Undisputed. It appears once on their timeline. Thats it. I'm amazed that people are complaining about this.
Exactly, it's not like we're actually having to pay out of pocket or anything. I'm a little put off by the GameStop fighters, I prefer to get my games from Amazon or Best Buy. However, it's totally worth it to me and understand it. Hell, most companies have pre-order incentives, so let's not act like this is nothing new. I guess some people just like to complain about every little thing.
 
# 11 Perfect Zero @ 12/28/11 08:23 AM
My complaint with all of the new "like" this and "message this to ten friends" that is that it's basically telling you do to the advertising for the company. Not only do you pay $60 for the product, but you have to go out and advertize for them to get more of the game. Shady practices like that are deterring me away from this game. If they can't afford simple advertizing, it makes me wonder what the game will actually be like...
 
# 12 justblaze09 @ 12/28/11 10:06 AM
They gave an option to just submit when you put your info for the code.

This is far from spamming on facebook.
 
# 13 aholbert32 @ 12/28/11 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
My complaint with all of the new "like" this and "message this to ten friends" that is that it's basically telling you do to the advertising for the company. Not only do you pay $60 for the product, but you have to go out and advertize for them to get more of the game. Shady practices like that are deterring me away from this game. If they can't afford simple advertizing, it makes me wonder what the game will actually be like...
They aren't telling you to do anything. They are asking you to do something. I didn't message 10 friends and I registered for the code.

I work for one of the biggest cable networks in the world and guess what....we use Facebook and Twitter to market our shows all the time. We have a website for one of our networks that asks people to post their thoughts about shows and puts them on Facebook and Twitter. My company spends tens of millions of dollars a year on advertising so it has nothing to do with "affording simple advertising". It would be idiotic to ignore those advertising options just because a few people think it spamming.
 
# 14 Gotmadskillzson @ 12/28/11 11:15 AM
In a way it is free advertising, but it is the sign of the times. Way too many people use Twitter and Facebook. From a business stand point, it is more cost effective and QUICKER.

You pay for a commercial and it MIGHT air twice in one hour. Unless you a major sponsor then it will air 5 or 6 times per an hour.

However you put something on Facebook and Twitter, it will get shared by 10s of thousands per a minute and it will happen 24/7.
 
# 15 Perfect Zero @ 12/29/11 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
They aren't telling you to do anything. They are asking you to do something. I didn't message 10 friends and I registered for the code.
Yeah, they are asking me to advertize for them so that I can unlock something that's already on the $60 game that I just purchased. As for the second sentence, I was using an example from other games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I work for one of the biggest cable networks in the world and guess what....we use Facebook and Twitter to market our shows all the time. We have a website for one of our networks that asks people to post their thoughts about shows and puts them on Facebook and Twitter. My company spends tens of millions of dollars a year on advertising so it has nothing to do with "affording simple advertising". It would be idiotic to ignore those advertising options just because a few people think it spamming.
I know that social media sites are the cheapest ways to advertize anything; I use some of the same methods for the choir that I sing in. However, I don't require people to do extra work so that they can hear an exclusive piece of music, or so that they can sit closer to the front and center of the auditorium. That's the main problem that I have with this mess.

It is also not "a few people [that think its] spamming." Every other message from a number of people talks about the game their playing and how they "need my help." If that's not spamming, I don't know what is.
 
# 16 aholbert32 @ 12/29/11 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
Yeah, they are asking me to advertize for them so that I can unlock something that's already on the $60 game that I just purchased. As for the second sentence, I was using an example from other games.



I know that social media sites are the cheapest ways to advertize anything; I use some of the same methods for the choir that I sing in. However, I don't require people to do extra work so that they can hear an exclusive piece of music, or so that they can sit closer to the front and center of the auditorium. That's the main problem that I have with this mess.

It is also not "a few people [that think its] spamming." Every other message from a number of people talks about the game their playing and how they "need my help." If that's not spamming, I don't know what is.
Every major media company does promotions like "Like this page and see an exclusive clip from The Office" or "Tweet #American Idol and see an exclusive video". Its called marketing. If you want the video, you do it. If you don't, you don't have too. It cost you nothing and no one is forcing you to do it.

No matter how you try to spin it...its not spamming. The message about UFC Undisputed appears once. Once. Anyway, its just a strange thing to complain about in my opinion. I'm just happy they were able to get Overeem in the game. The game goes gold in a few weeks, it takes 8 weeks to create each fighter and he signed to the UFC in October. There was a good chance he wasn't going to be in the game or would've been DLC.

If that means I have to press one button and type in my email address just to get him, I'm glad to do it.
 
# 17 aholbert32 @ 12/29/11 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Having a page for a TV show is different. It's more like having to click like to see the last 3 minutes of an episode. It's not even that really,we pay for cable,not individual shows. No one should be ok with this. This is FIVE fighters cut from the game they're asking us to do extra for,three of which could be champion or #1 contender very soon. It's a complete disgrace.
That analogy doesn't apply and you know it. Stop trying to complicate it. They are asking people to "like" a page to access a feature. Its done with movies. Its done with TV. Again, no one is excusing them for the gamestop stuff. We are just talking about Overeem.

Anyway, like I said, if this is such a disgrace, show them with your wallet. Don't purchase the game and if you do....please don't like the page to get Overeem. I have no issue with people who complain (even if I think they are overreacting) but please don't complain about this to this level and still purchase the game and help them market their game.
 
# 18 fpac @ 12/29/11 05:25 PM
I don't use Facebook because IMO it's stupid and I have no use for it (that's beside the point) but I created one with a fake name and old email address I rarely use anymore just to get Overeem. The whole process took maybe 2 minutes and I'll never use it again so this doesn't really seem like that big of a deal to me.
 
# 19 Perfect Zero @ 12/29/11 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Every major media company does promotions like "Like this page and see an exclusive clip from The Office" or "Tweet #American Idol and see an exclusive video". Its called marketing. If you want the video, you do it. If you don't, you don't have too. It cost you nothing and no one is forcing you to do it.
You're just arguing to argue here. I already told you about how THQ is doing it differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
No matter how you try to spin it...its not spamming. The message about UFC Undisputed appears once. Once.
And it appears on every single page of your friends. And it targets the advertizing toward them. No, having multiple targets toward you and your friends is not spaming...
 
# 20 aholbert32 @ 12/29/11 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by st67
Doesn't have anything to do with how easy it is... It simply has to do with having to go about doing stuff to get things in a game you've already bought.

Like I said before - I liked when you bought a game, and that was it. You didn't have to go sending a letter to Nintendo Power, then them sending you a letter back with a code to put into say... Mike Tyson's Punch out so that you could unlock content on the game. You popped in the game, and you played it. I miss that.

Imagine putting Street Fighter II in your SNES, then going to the character screen and not seeing Ken. Then you look in the manual and it says "To unlock Ken, go tell a friend about Street Fighter II, then call us in a 3-way call with your friend, who will confirm that you told them about the game! We'll then give you a code that you can enter to unlock Ken!"

It's just nonsense and entirely unnecessary, but companies do it because they can. I don't get why you'd treat your consumers as gophers. They've already put down $60 to get your game - now you're going to make them run around and do things just so they can unlock 'special features' that should already be available to them from the get go?
So I guess you HATE entering in the code for EA and THQ online passes, right? Because entering in that code is about the same amount of effort as liking a FB page.

Its totally about how easy it is. There is a reasonable amount of effort that can be expected to access a video game and its features. I'm OK with liking a FB page to get a fighter. I'm OK with entering a code for an online pass. I'm not OK with limiting my purchase options by forcing me to go to a specific store to get a fighter.

Also, you can't have it both ways. You say its not about how easy it is and then complain about THQ making "you run around" and use a SNES analogy that doesn't apply. The amount of effort you described in that analogy is much more effort than liking a FB page.

Again, THQ doesn't have your 60 bucks yet so if you don't like the practice....stop showing THQ you do buy buying the game.
 

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.