Home
NBA 2K12 News Post


NBA 2K12 will not have a 66 game schedule patched into the game. It will be available for NBA Today only, no other mode will be touched.

Here are Ronnie's tweets on the topic.


Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 101 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 The 24th Letter @ 12/16/11 09:54 AM
Thank you posting this.....should stop the daily thread created asking it.
 
# 2 youALREADYknow @ 12/16/11 10:10 AM
This was predictable, but I don't like it when any developer calls a programming task impossible. It would have been very POSSIBLE if the scheduling was designed to be modular in the first place.

Great developers don't typically have the word "impossible" in their vocabulary. Not faulting 2K on not getting this done though because it probably wouldn't be easy to implement after release.
 
# 3 lv2bll @ 12/16/11 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
This was predictable, but I don't like it when any developer calls a programming task impossible. It would have been very POSSIBLE if the scheduling was designed to be modular in the first place.

Great developers don't typically have the word "impossible" in their vocabulary. Not faulting 2K on not getting this done though because it probably wouldn't be easy to implement after release.
Ronnie is not a Dev. Buy I see what you're saying.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
 
# 4 44drob @ 12/16/11 10:26 AM
Bummer but its good to have it cleared up..
 
# 5 Sundown @ 12/16/11 10:33 AM
Pretty weak for simulation fans. I thought 2k was prepared to address any contingencies as a result of the lockout. I can see 2k not wanting to do something only for this year, but it seems like their willingness to work on anything that doesn't directly lead to revenue this year has waned, like the few fixes in the patch. This is going to make me quite a bit less hyped about 2k13, regards of the promotionals and insights. 2k12 looked to be a home run (wrong sport) primarily because of 2k11's quality and support. If 2k12 is left in its current state, I'm going to be a bit skeptical of 2k13.
 
# 6 Pared @ 12/16/11 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
This was predictable, but I don't like it when any developer calls a programming task impossible. It would have been very POSSIBLE if the scheduling was designed to be modular in the first place.

Great developers don't typically have the word "impossible" in their vocabulary. Not faulting 2K on not getting this done though because it probably wouldn't be easy to implement after release.
You're right - nothing is impossible given unlimited resources.

Unfortunately, the reality is this is a company with limited resources just like any other company.

But yes - I agree with your statement if you ignore all other factors. But then that's just being a bit too literal IMO. I think many can interpret Ronnie's comment at more than face value.

2k13 will need to be ready in 9 months. Maybe that helps bring some other things into perspective.
 
# 7 Pared @ 12/16/11 10:36 AM
By the way - it's bothersome for a "developer" on here to be so critical of other developers. That's very low brow and I would expect more from the representative of a company.
 
# 8 sjam613 @ 12/16/11 10:50 AM
I know it will bum out a good portion here but considering I am 35 games into My Player and well invested in that, I wouldn't go back for the 66 game season or even the rookies at this point.
 
# 9 youALREADYknow @ 12/16/11 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2bll
Ronnie is not a Dev. Buy I see what you're saying.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Then my statement is retracted. He was relaying a message that it wouldn't be implemented.
 
# 10 youALREADYknow @ 12/16/11 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Pretty weak for simulation fans. I thought 2k was prepared to address any contingencies as a result of the lockout. I can see 2k not wanting to do something only for this year, but it seems like their willingness to work on anything that doesn't directly lead to revenue this year has waned, like the few fixes in the patch. This is going to make me quite a bit less hyped about 2k13, regards of the promotionals and insights. 2k12 looked to be a home run (wrong sport) primarily because of 2k11's quality and support. If 2k12 is left in its current state, I'm going to be a bit skeptical of 2k13.
Was this really a huge deal though in the grand scheme of things?

The only mode that is seriously hurt by this is Season Mode. Other modes go back to normal within one season.
 
# 11 OGKing @ 12/16/11 10:54 AM
Doesn't bother me one bit to be honest. I'll continue to do 58 / 82 games without being bothered by the fact that the NBA is only playing 66 games this year.
 
# 12 Colts18 @ 12/16/11 11:08 AM
"Everything can be patched" - Thankfully that nonsense will end
 
# 13 rangerrick012 @ 12/16/11 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Pretty weak for simulation fans. I thought 2k was prepared to address any contingencies as a result of the lockout. I can see 2k not wanting to do something only for this year, but it seems like their willingness to work on anything that doesn't directly lead to revenue this year has waned, like the few fixes in the patch. This is going to make me quite a bit less hyped about 2k13, regards of the promotionals and insights. 2k12 looked to be a home run (wrong sport) primarily because of 2k11's quality and support. If 2k12 is left in its current state, I'm going to be a bit skeptical of 2k13.
How was 2K supposed to know that once everything was settled the season would be exactly 66 games? This was not something that you could just plan for. It's like people are ignoring the fact that there was a lockout and expecting everything to be perfect. I know sim people might be upset, but realistically speaking I don't see how people could think that this would be something that could just be patched in.

So you have a 66 gm season, then every other season is 82 games? Association has never allowed you to change season length for different seasons first of all, and there's always been the standard of 29, 58, and 82 games. Again I understand why this may be a letdown for some but to make the jump and call 2K lazy for not being able to add this is just unnecessary.
 
# 14 VDusen04 @ 12/16/11 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKing
Doesn't bother me one bit to be honest. I'll continue to do 58 / 82 games without being bothered by the fact that the NBA is only playing 66 games this year.
Same here. It'd have been cool, but I didn't expect it to happen and I fully understand why it couldn't.
 
# 15 mike24forever @ 12/16/11 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
By the way - it's bothersome for a "developer" on here to be so critical of other developers. That's very low brow and I would expect more from the representative of a company.
Are you kidding me? Pared this guy is constantly hammering other developers!
 
# 16 STLRams @ 12/16/11 03:01 PM
So has anyone's home menu/nba today menu updated to the current preseason schedule that starts tonight to reflect the new 66 game schedule? I noticed yesterday that that my home menu/nba today was still showing scheduled games for the old 82 games schedule.
 
# 17 Gotmadskillzson @ 12/16/11 03:01 PM
Not that big of a deal since it is for this year only.
 
# 18 eaterofworlds888 @ 12/16/11 04:11 PM
to be honest despite what is really going on I still prefer the 82 game schedule
 
# 19 Al Bundy @ 12/16/11 04:28 PM
No biggie. This game is too awesome to matter.
 
# 20 Pared @ 12/16/11 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
Are you kidding me? Pared this guy is constantly hammering other developers!
I understand that and hopefully it stops.
 

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.