Home
THPS HD News Post



This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD is coming in the first half of 2012, pricing at under $20, according to Joystiq.

Quote:
Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD" will apparently take "select" levels from the first two Tony Hawk titles, HD-ify them, and wrap it all up in a neat digital package for "digital platforms" sometime in the first half of 2012.

Hawk told our man on the ground, Mike Schramm, that classic levels "School" and "Downhill" would make appearances, but didn't let on any more. The game will assuredly get a blowout tonight as the VGAs commence, so stay tuned! Or, uh, go watch old trailers of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 and 2. Either/or.

Tony says the game will apparently arrive sometime during the summer, and will be priced "under $20."

Game: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HDReader Score: 10/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 2 - View All
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD Videos
Member Comments
# 1 The GIGGAS @ 12/10/11 06:59 PM
I'm in. This is pretty much exactly what I wanted.
 
# 2 Pappy Knuckles @ 12/10/11 07:13 PM
I used to play the heck out of THPS2. That was definitely my favorite in the series. I don't know if I'm really all that hyped to play a reboot, but I'll keep my eyes open for this one and see how it turns out. Where's the love for BMX? Dave Mirra's game was a lot of fun too.
 
# 3 jyoung @ 12/10/11 07:57 PM
The best part of these games was unlocking the "Bails" videos.

 
# 4 Steve_OS @ 12/11/11 12:05 AM
Just embedded video in OP.
 
# 5 eaterofworlds888 @ 12/11/11 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I used to play the heck out of THPS2. That was definitely my favorite in the series. I don't know if I'm really all that hyped to play a reboot, but I'll keep my eyes open for this one and see how it turns out. Where's the love for BMX? Dave Mirra's game was a lot of fun too.
This looks pretty cool. I used to love the School level on THPS2, would be really cool if maybe they could make a THUG or THUG2 remake sometime. Those were my favorites personally. and yea man I had Dave Mirra 2 and it was pretty fun. I thought Mat Hoffman was pretty fun too.
 
# 6 spit_bubble @ 12/11/11 02:20 AM
So if these sell well, THUG HD next?

The best part about new Tony Hawk games, or any new skating game for that matter, has always been the new places to skate in.

It's the tide, the dismal tide of the industry. It's not the one thing.

 
# 7 scottyo60 @ 12/11/11 09:23 AM
I'm in. I loved those 2 games
 
# 8 LionsFanNJ @ 12/11/11 09:54 AM
I'm so spoiled by skate 3. I don't know if I can even go back and nostalgia for THPS. Might take a look though
 
# 9 Blzer @ 12/11/11 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
I'm so spoiled by skate 3. I don't know if I can even go back and nostalgia for THPS. Might take a look though
Just give me Goldfinger's "Superman," multiplayer Tag mode at the school level in THPS2, and unlockable Rodney Mullen videos. After that, I'll be good.
 
# 10 Bellsprout @ 12/11/11 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
I'm so spoiled by skate 3. I don't know if I can even go back and nostalgia for THPS. Might take a look though
They're so different that one doesn't relate to the other in my mind.

It's like saying Madden's ruined NFL Blitz for you.

I cannot wait for this, and I will smile the entire eternity that it is downloading. I've wanted them to do this for a long time, and I am so happy that it's finally happening.

Hopefully it sells like a mother****er so we can get 3, 4, UG, UG2, and AW HDified as well.
 
# 11 jyoung @ 12/11/11 04:50 PM
Yeah, I guess everyone forgot about this game already lol



It had every level from the first two Tony Hawk games, five new levels and 4-player split screen.
 
# 12 LionsFanNJ @ 12/11/11 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
They're so different that one doesn't relate to the other in my mind.

It's like saying Madden's ruined NFL Blitz for you.

I cannot wait for this, and I will smile the entire eternity that it is downloading. I've wanted them to do this for a long time, and I am so happy that it's finally happening.

Hopefully it sells like a mother****er so we can get 3, 4, UG, UG2, and AW HDified as well.
I think its more that I played every Tony Hawk up to Project 8 and just got burned out on it where this doesn't sound appealling to me.

Though I do have fond memories of doing 3 million point trick strings with Rodney Mullen in Hangar.
 
# 13 WazzuRC @ 12/12/11 03:53 AM
First day purchase. I hope all the original music is included.
 
# 14 Beantown @ 12/12/11 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuRC
First day purchase. I hope all the original music is included.
Doubt it will be with the way music licensing is handled these days but yeah, that'd be awesome.
 
# 15 Bellsprout @ 12/12/11 10:42 AM
Also, I demand that all the abilities from future Hawk games be in this.

Like reverts, for one, even though they weren't in Hawk 1 or 2.
 
# 16 BiggD @ 12/13/11 11:09 PM
Classic, i'm in
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.