Home
News Post


Playstation.Blog has posted their MLB 12 The Show hands-on preview, along with an interview with Community Manager, Ramone Russell.

Quote:
PlayStation.Blog: Whatís your personal favorite addition this year?

Ramone Russell, Community Manager: I think itís our new ball physics. Our programmer ripped out every line of last yearís code and completely re-invented the way the ball acts. Itís a nerd feature, but it adds so much to the game. The baseball gains and loses energy like a real baseball, and if you go into replay, you can count the rotations Ė that ball is going to spin the way itís supposed to. This opens up the game because we have bloopers, ricochets off the bases, balls going into no manís landÖ.itís much more dynamic and engaging.

After reading the article, what are you most excited about?

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 53 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 metal134 @ 12/10/11 03:40 PM
A comment I noticed about the Vita version:
Quote:
We thought about doing something totally different, maybe an arcade version of baseball. But we ultimately thought it made the most sense to recreate the entire PS3 experience on PS Vita.
Boy, we really dodged a bullet there. That would have sucked, BIG TIME.
 
# 102 bp4baseball @ 12/10/11 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal134
A comment I noticed about the Vita version:

Boy, we really dodged a bullet there. That would have sucked, BIG TIME.
Agreed...it may have been interesting to see how they would have made it, but I think a lot of people are happy they went the simulation route
 
# 103 BKAraujo @ 12/10/11 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal134
A comment I noticed about the Vita version:

Boy, we really dodged a bullet there. That would have sucked, BIG TIME.
10-4 I have been waiting anxiously for info on the Vita version. If they announced a arcade version I would have been devastated. Itching to see Vita screen or video.
 
# 104 tnixen @ 12/11/11 10:59 AM
I hope these new Ball physics also means we will see more hooking of baseball. Like when you hit a fly ball down the line and its fear most of the way then starts hooking foul. Also hopfully no more of those really slow high Home Runs that seem to take for ever to leave the ball park. Someone here called it a UFO. LOL

These are some of the issues I have with the Ball physics in MLB 11 The Show. Most fly balls don't seem to hook enough and are always too stright.

Since the Ball physics code was completely thrown out and redone I expect big improvments!! Must be great if Russell said its his favorite new addition.

Hopfully the new Ball physics wil now be just like what you see in real MLB baseball games.

Can''t wait to see the new Ball physics in action!
 
# 105 kehlis @ 12/11/11 11:25 AM
Everything sounds fantastic. Can't wait.
 
# 106 nemesis04 @ 12/11/11 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I hope these new Ball physics also means we will see more hooking of baseball. Like when you hit a fly ball down the line and its fear most of the way then starts hooking foul. Also hopfully no more of those really slow high Home Runs that seem to take for ever to leave the ball park. Someone here called it a UFO. LOL

These are some of the issues I have with the Ball physics in MLB 11 The Show. Most fly balls don't seem to hook enough and are always too stright.

Since the Ball physics code was completely thrown out and redone I expect big improvments!! Must be great if Russell said its his favorite new addition.

Hopfully the new Ball physics wil now be just like what you see in real MLB baseball games.

Can''t wait to see the new Ball physics in action!
Sounds Good!
 
# 107 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 12/11/11 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollienyy
The True Broadcast Presentation sounds awesome! Can't wait to see it!

Commentary (Which we obviously won't know till we hear it in action) sounds like they just added a few new topics to talk about rather then a complete overhaul. From what was mentioned there, I doubt they have made it 2K levels (but I hope to be proven wrong)
Ya sounds like commentary was enhanced but not overhauled... Hopefully that enhancing will include natural interaction between the PBP guys

I'm excited about "True" Broadcast Presentation and I hope it's more then just camera cuts and also includes improved graphic overlays and a score graphic that displays pitch count
 
# 108 El_MaYiMbE @ 12/11/11 04:14 PM
Score overlays definitely need to be changed. I hate the fact that it says "MLB The Show 11" on the score at the top of the screen, meanwhile I am in 2015 in my Franchise.

They should create a fake network (or sign up with MLB Network) and "broadcast" from a network that IS NOT called the same name as the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerFanatic2K3
Ya sounds like commentary was enhanced but not overhauled... Hopefully that enhancing will include natural interaction between the PBP guys

I'm excited about "True" Broadcast Presentation and I hope it's more then just camera cuts and also includes improved graphic overlays and a score graphic that displays pitch count
 
# 109 tnixen @ 12/11/11 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerFanatic2K3
Ya sounds like commentary was enhanced but not overhauled... Hopefully that enhancing will include natural interaction between the PBP guys

I'm excited about "True" Broadcast Presentation and I hope it's more then just camera cuts and also includes improved graphic overlays and a score graphic that displays pitch count
Same here new camera cuts are nice and all but I am hoping for brand new overlays and a new scorebar aswell. I want a lot of new flashy looking overlays with all kinds of stats.

I want the popup overlay when a batter hits a Home Run to appear like in this screenshot.

These screenshots are just some of the kind of overlays would like to see.
 
# 110 Blzer @ 12/11/11 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILurk
How intuitive can it be ? Down lifts the batter's leg to start the swing and up follows through. I think they did alright with it. What else can you do with it ?
Well, there is what you can't do with it, and that is that you couldn't aim with the left stick. It was all timing-based. You gave yourself no control over the contact like classic swinging options allow.

Also, the game wasn't very feedback-friendly on what it meant to go straight forward with the stick versus to the left or to the right (to influence direction).
 
# 111 nomo17k @ 12/11/11 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Well, there is what you can't do with it, and that is that you couldn't aim with the left stick. It was all timing-based. You gave yourself no control over the contact like classic swinging options allow.
You can actually move PCI with R3... only laterally (vertical placement is determined by the game) but you do have some influence...

All these hours practicing analog hitting, I wonder if there will be any tuning on analog. If Move won't be quite on par with the existing interfaces, I'd use analog, so I'm just curious.
 
# 112 Bobhead @ 12/11/11 07:03 PM
It's been said 400,000 times, but I'd use Analog if we had full PCI control (eg: Zone + Analog combined). I hate the idea of letting the game decide anything. Even if it ends in me losing 24-0, I'm happier controlling my own destiny.
 
# 113 nemesis04 @ 12/11/11 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
It's been said 400,000 times, but I'd use Analog if we had full PCI control (eg: Zone + Analog combined). I hate the idea of letting the game decide anything. Even if it ends in me losing 24-0, I'm happier controlling my own destiny.
If you say it 400,001 times I think you may get your wish!
 
# 114 NYYanks26 @ 12/12/11 07:45 AM
Looking good as usual.
 
# 115 Pared @ 12/12/11 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Same here new camera cuts are nice and all but I am hoping for brand new overlays and a new scorebar aswell. I want a lot of new flashy looking overlays with all kinds of stats.

I want the popup overlay when a batter hits a Home Run to appear like in this screenshot.

These screenshots are just some of the kind of overlays would like to see.
How many times are you going to post this? I believe you posted this in at least 5 different threads by now using the same pictures.

Can you please stop posting this in every single thread?
 
# 116 tvman @ 12/12/11 11:12 AM
I like the talk about better ball physics. Hopefully this means more user control when hitting and less attribute driven.
 
# 117 tnixen @ 12/12/11 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
How many times are you going to post this? I believe you posted this in at least 5 different threads by now using the same pictures.

Can you please stop posting this in every single thread?
Yes I will not post about this again.

Sorry about that.
 
# 118 CubFan23 @ 12/12/11 04:11 PM
New commentary!!! Yes!! Hopefully Matty V. has two new sidekicks
 
# 119 Russell_SCEA @ 12/12/11 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
New commentary!!! Yes!! Hopefully Matty V. has two new sidekicks
He doesn't and this isn't changing for a while.
 
# 120 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 12/12/11 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
Score overlays definitely need to be changed. I hate the fact that it says "MLB The Show 11" on the score at the top of the screen, meanwhile I am in 2015 in my Franchise.

They should create a fake network (or sign up with MLB Network) and "broadcast" from a network that IS NOT called the same name as the game.
Couldn't agree more about how unrealistic it is to use the cover name of the game as the broadcast name and no major sports network uses those player stat & score overlay graphics anymore so I hope it got revamped to go along with the new "True broadcast presentation"

If they want to "Quote" blur the lines between baseball simulation on our PS3 and what youíd see on MLB.TV sitting on your couch they can start by removing the "MLB The Show 12" name from every overlay graphic because people know what game there playing by now
 


Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.