Home
Grand Slam Tennis 2 News Post



This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

The Grand Slam Tennis 2 roster includes Federer, Nadal, Murray, Tsonga, Serena, Sharapova, Borg, McEnroe, Djokovic, Stich, Roddick, Becker, Davenport, Hewitt, Henin, Cash, Venus, Evert, Nishikori, Edberg, Sampras, Ivanovic and Navratilova.

Game: Grand Slam Tennis 2Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 2 - View All
Grand Slam Tennis 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bosoxfan1 @ 10/24/11 04:41 PM
Tsonga!! i wish he was in TS4 though... hope the gameplay on this one is good!
 
# 2 shadia147 @ 10/24/11 06:42 PM
Where's Jimmy Conner???
 
# 3 ty5oke @ 10/24/11 07:23 PM
Was hoping for Fish and Isner to make the list..
 
# 4 ratedmoney @ 10/24/11 08:05 PM
Top Spin has pretty solid gameplay, really wanna see what EA does with this.
 
# 5 econoodle @ 10/24/11 08:11 PM
seems to be the exact same roster as the Wii version from a few years back.
no wozniacki?

nishikori still? really?

still looking forward to it tho.
 
# 6 eyeknowzz @ 10/24/11 08:18 PM
Yeah it looks like it's the same roster. I'm betting the contracts they signed with those players over two years ago are still in effect because it probably covered the Wii and the PS3/360 releases. Even though the game will be almost three years late they probably decided not to add anyone else because they still had everyone under contract.
 
# 7 Methlab @ 10/24/11 08:39 PM
Wasn't this game one of the best wii releases ever? I am hoping it translates to 360.

I like Nishkori, roster looks good.
 
# 8 OhioBobcats @ 10/25/11 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
seems to be the exact same roster as the Wii version from a few years back.
no wozniacki?

nishikori still? really?

still looking forward to it tho.
Well, not only is Nishikori crazy popular in Asia, but he's better now than he was then.

This roster is a disappointment though. We wait a some years after the Wii version, but the roster stays the same? Come on. Another lacking tennis roster. I long for the day we have 50 or so pros. I don't even care if the pros are in the 30-80 rankings range. I just want real pros.
 
# 9 Splitter77 @ 10/25/11 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBobcats
Well, not only is Nishikori crazy popular in Asia, but he's better now than he was then.

This roster is a disappointment though. We wait a some years after the Wii version, but the roster stays the same? Come on. Another lacking tennis roster. I long for the day we have 50 or so pros. I don't even care if the pros are in the 30-80 rankings range. I just want real pros.
they dont even have to be real pros.
As long as they have like a top 300 ranking of fake players with different attributes I will be happy.
I also want to be able to play a full grand slam tourney with 128 players for men or women
 
# 10 OhioBobcats @ 10/25/11 08:27 PM
I'd just really like to know how much effort is even put into reaching out to players to get them signed on. We are in an age where these top players play video games during their off time. Murray even lost his girlfriend for a bit because he paid more attention to his video gaming.

Someone like Donald Young, Sam Querrey, John Isner...I can't imagine these guys telling EA they won't be in the game unless they get an unreal amount of money. Some of these guys would just be glad to be in the game.
 
# 11 ronaldo9 @ 12/10/11 09:19 PM
Any more updates on this game? Not long till it comes out
 
# 12 CaptainZombie @ 12/11/11 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo9
Any more updates on this game? Not long till it comes out
When does it come out? The Wii version was excellent.

Debating if this will be better on the PS3 due to Move being closer to Wii controls or not. I've read the tennis done on Kinect is not as great, so not sure. Hoping some sites get impressions up of both tech.
 
# 13 clivo1050 @ 12/11/11 02:52 PM
Oops wrong thread.
 
# 14 rangerrick012 @ 12/12/11 07:03 PM
Someone did post a gameplay vid last month.



And the achievements are out.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/
 
# 15 UofLCards @ 12/16/11 10:20 AM
Best tennis game I have ever played, even to this day, was Davis Cup Tennis for the Genesis. Tengen made an awesome game with that one. The roster was huge, even if the players were fake, and you could even play doubles. You could also argue with the chair official. If they could do it on the Genesis, it most certainly can be done on the PS3/360.
 
# 16 cdawg44 @ 12/20/11 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UofLCards
Best tennis game I have ever played, even to this day, was Davis Cup Tennis for the Genesis. Tengen made an awesome game with that one. The roster was huge, even if the players were fake, and you could even play doubles. You could also argue with the chair official. If they could do it on the Genesis, it most certainly can be done on the PS3/360.
you also could lose points for misconduct too and get disqualified too if you wouldn't start arguing lol. Davis Cup was a great game. Also ATP tennis for Sega was also a classic. Most complete world tour I've played ever.
 
# 17 ronaldo9 @ 12/20/11 09:56 AM
I'd have to play the demo to see for myself how good the game is. If it is close to realistic and fun as Top Spin 4, I'd have a real decision to make. That video is probably not an accurate reflection of the gameplay because it was taken at some games conference, probably months ago, and the game was between two people playing for the first time and probably half-interested.
 
# 18 Methlab @ 12/20/11 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo9
I'd have to play the demo to see for myself how good the game is. If it is close to realistic and fun as Top Spin 4, I'd have a real decision to make. That video is probably not an accurate reflection of the gameplay because it was taken at some games conference, probably months ago, and the game was between two people playing for the first time and probably half-interested.
Yeah it is all about gameplay to me. Half the games with perfect graphics don't have the right feel and are tough to play and really enjoy.
 
# 19 murph17 @ 12/21/11 11:17 AM
 
# 20 Methlab @ 12/21/11 11:54 AM
Any of you folks playing it now, please review!!!

Thanks!!!
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.