Forza Motorsport 4 News Post

Forza Motorsport 4 was the first major release to get the 'All-Time Classic' tag put on it here at OS by receiving a 9 out of 10 review score. What do you think? Does Forza Motorsport Deserve the 'All-Time Classic' Label? You can vote in the poll to your right on the frontpage and above you in the forums.

Game: Forza Motorsport 4Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Xbox 360Votes for game: 16 - View All
Forza Motorsport 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Tomba @ 10/19/11 11:17 AM
I think what they did with what they had by refining it and updating key things and making the car control absolutely spot on speaks volumes towards making it the best game in the series and better than GT5.

However. Some things that are missing that would make it an ultimate racing game for ALL.

1)A New York based circuit or Area withis different track layouts
2)A Tokyo city based racing circuit with again different track layouts
3)Some Dirt or rally tracks for the trucks/suvs in the game.
4)A away to call up the soundtrack to have ONLY the songs you like from it
5)Weather effects and Night time racing. burnout Paradise was able to add night time racing at least. And PGR was able to add weather effects. Those two things CAN BE DLC...

And thats it...Doesn't need motorcycles, doesn't need kart racing and it doesn't need a patch... it needs all the above as DLC

That would prolong this game until the next consoles

# 2 The Amaizen Blue @ 10/19/11 06:35 PM
Gran Turismo is my arguably my favorite series of all time. Forza's brilliant, but the nostalgia of GT probably biases my answer. GT for life

# 3 tabulaRasa @ 10/20/11 03:05 AM
new GT is dwarfed by Forza.

# 4 badflounder @ 10/21/11 12:51 AM
Yeah Forza blows GT5 out of the water. GT5, after several patches, is better then it was at launch but it still feels unpolished compared to Forza. The menus are awful, slow loading times, 800 standard low-res cars, etc. GT5 is a good game on it's own merit but it suddenly looks much worse when you stand it next to FM4.

# 5 F0rl3fclov3r @ 10/21/11 07:04 PM
The thing I liked about GT is is oil changes and things like that throughout career mode, but overall I prefer Forza.

# 6 khaled @ 10/21/11 10:05 PM
Unfortunately I don't have a 360 to enjoy Forza, but from what I've played at stores, it's solid, but I like GT better. Maybe that changes if I ever get a 360.

# 7 JohnnytheSkin @ 10/22/11 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by badflounder
And Forza doesn't have slow loading times? Even with a hard drive install it takes a while to get to a race.

# 8 Goblowsoup @ 10/22/11 03:33 PM
Forza is solid, and at the price point it's one of the cheapest ways to get into sim racing. Add to the experience a steering wheel (you can find fairly affordable ones for under $100) and you find yourself at the gateway of simracing. It has some fall backs though. It still has a built in assist for racers with a wheel. Too often does the game seem to catch a drifting car without any effort. Play a sim racer and you'll soon realize how easy it is to drive in Forza. That being said, Forza is perfect. It's not hard, and it's not too easy. It's the ideal situation for fun and enjoyment. You don't get too frustrated, and you won't quit because it's too hard. I just hope some DLC add's Open Wheel racers such as IndyCar or another Formula series (either F1 or BMW or something along those lines).

I may be a complainer, but at least I merit those flaws. Forza seems to be the most polished console racer I've seen this generation. I think the F1 series by Codemasters is the best for my tastes, but if you don't like that style then Forza is your best pick.

Seriously, one of the best ever, but not the "instant-classic" for me.