Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Da_Czar has checked in with another NBA 2K12 strategy session video. This one going over shooting slider adjustments.



If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 101 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 coolcras7 @ 10/11/11 06:31 PM
Saw the video and I disagree with it as a real fix to peoples problems, sliders only affect the difficulty not individual rating or tendencies.
 
# 2 Mos1ted @ 10/11/11 07:41 PM
On-Ball Defense Slider. Max it out and leave everything else alone (you can tune fouls and such to your likeness). Play defense. Problem solved.
 
# 3 Paul Pierce_OS @ 10/11/11 07:49 PM
sometimes I fell the game is like this from 3:
 
# 4 RedmanR @ 10/11/11 08:26 PM
I'm been tweaking the On-Ball Defense Sliders but what I'm after is a slider(s) that prevents the defense from collapsing the paint with 3 defenders since where subjected to jump shooting the majority of the game as opposed to driving to the basket. I often choose space the floor in OTFC settings but there's still usually 3 defenders waiting.
 
# 5 Da_Czar @ 10/11/11 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedmanR
I'm been tweaking the On-Ball Defense Sliders but what I'm after is a slider(s) that prevents the defense from collapsing the paint with 3 defenders since where subjected to jump shooting the majority of the game as opposed to driving to the basket. I often choose space the floor in OTFC settings but there's still usually 3 defenders waiting.
You don't need a slider it's all in your coach profile. put help defense to 0 and pressure up high. I am working on a video for that but that is ALL coach settings.
 
# 6 Da_Czar @ 10/11/11 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Pierce
sometimes I fell the game is like this from 3:
 
# 7 Mos1ted @ 10/11/11 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedmanR
I'm been tweaking the On-Ball Defense Sliders but what I'm after is a slider(s) that prevents the defense from collapsing the paint with 3 defenders since where subjected to jump shooting the majority of the game as opposed to driving to the basket. I often choose space the floor in OTFC settings but there's still usually 3 defenders waiting.
Personally, I haven't had any issues defending the paint or penetrating when space is available. It's all about evaluating the defense and offense and reacting accordingly. As long as you keep the contact sliders at 50, you should have no trouble beating guys off the dribble.
 
# 8 jrose57 @ 10/11/11 08:54 PM
All I do is change shooting sliders to 48 for mid range and 3p for BOTH user and cpu, and no other changes needed, play perfectly!
 
# 9 DJ @ 10/11/11 11:07 PM
Last year the default Simulation sliders had 3-pt. shooting @ 45 for the User and CPU. People complained about not being able to hit any 3's with the slider @ 45, so most bumped it up to 48-50 (CPU's went as high as 52 in some cases) to produce better results.

It would appear 2K factored in those complaints from last year's release and tweaked its ratings and slider scale for this year, which is why we have a higher value for the 3-pt. slider. A simple bump down 1-3 clicks for both sides (if you are making too many) should do the trick.
 
# 10 SaC_KiNg09 @ 10/11/11 11:28 PM
Am I the only one who feels that we may not need any slider tweaks? I'm getting healthy 3pt percentages and I'm seeing wide open threes being knocked down while also seeing some missed, nothing out of the ordinary. I hope they dont tune the game where we can't hit threes.
 
# 11 RedmanR @ 10/12/11 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
You don't need a slider it's all in your coach profile. put help defense to 0 and pressure up high. I am working on a video for that but that is ALL coach settings.
Your right Czar, I don't know what I was thinking about. I guess I became so dependent on downloading Coach Profiles the last couple of years it slipped my mind. . . I guess it's that old school in me starting to show

I guess I can tweak the Coach Profiles for a few teams until something better get's released. Appreciate the tip brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
Personally, I haven't had any issues defending the paint or penetrating when space is available. It's all about evaluating the defense and offense and reacting accordingly. As long as you keep the contact sliders at 50, you should have no trouble beating guys off the dribble.
I was only getting to the basket a couple times a game by taken what I was given by the defense. I plan on raising the contact sliders as my iso skills improve once again. Thanks for the tips, their both working out pretty good so far.
 
# 12 Blessin @ 10/15/11 02:00 AM
Interesting thanks! But IMPORTANT QUESTION. I realize that when two users/humans are playing the sliders gets labeled as Home an Away settings. Why is that? Does each User get there own sliders? I always wondered if that is the case, but then if you save the sliders (or they auto-save) the home sliders will save/over-write the User sliders, and Away sliders will do the same for the CPU sliders.
 
# 13 Rawdeal28 @ 10/15/11 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessin
Interesting thanks! But IMPORTANT QUESTION. I realize that when two users/humans are playing the sliders gets labeled as Home an Away settings. Why is that? Does each User get there own sliders? I always wondered if that is the case, but then if you save the sliders (or they auto-save) the home sliders will save/over-write the User sliders, and Away sliders will do the same for the CPU sliders.
yeah i noticed that a few years ago. which is why i always create 2 different slider sets. one for me vs the CPU and one for User vs User matches.
 
# 14 chinkiwinki @ 10/15/11 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
All I do is change shooting sliders to 48 for mid range and 3p for BOTH user and cpu, and no other changes needed, play perfectly!
this. in fact I put it at 49 for both just because I find the cpu struggles a bit on Pro.
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.