Home
NBA 2K12 News Post


Check out the new NBA 2K12 screenshot.

This screenshot feature takes a look at the match-ups of the NBA's Greatest. This one showcases Larry Bird's NBA's Greatest Game.

1985-86 Celtics: Dennis Johnson, Danny Ainge, Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parish, Bill Walton, Jerry Sichting, Scott Wedman, Sam Vincent

1985-86 Hawks: Doc Rivers, Randy Wittman, Dominique Wilkins, Kevin Willis, Tree Rollins, Cliff Levingston, Eddie Johnson, Jon Koncak, Spud Webb, Antoine Carr, Scott Hasting

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 101 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 infam0us @ 09/17/11 03:19 PM
At least the SF being in the middle makes sense for this match up.
 
# 2 2kballa4life @ 09/17/11 03:22 PM
Links not working for me... can someone post the pic in here?
 
# 3 caml17 @ 09/17/11 03:28 PM
 
# 4 Pims33 @ 09/17/11 04:47 PM
One of the best 80's matchup. Both teams will be fun to use. I'll try to recreate the duel between 'Nique and Bird or the time Bird dropped 60 on them. Atlanta had a really athletic team, will be fun to power dunk on people with Wilkins and to dunk with little Spud Webb. Also a nice way to train some all-around post game is to use this Celtics team.
 
# 5 TheBadazz @ 09/17/11 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
Not to be a ***** but shouldn't Nique have this haircut

And should only be able to dibble with his right hand. He had no dribble skills.
 
# 6 Goffs @ 09/17/11 11:30 PM
I wonder if its to late to change his hairstyle...

 
# 7 qpc123 @ 09/17/11 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I wonder if its to late to change his hairstyle...
Hopefully, we'll find out if "everything" is update-able.
 
# 8 Goffs @ 09/17/11 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
Hopefully, we'll find out if "everything" is update-able.
yeah what I'm afraid of is that "everything" might only pertain to the current league and not the old school teams and players.
 
# 9 OverKick @ 09/18/11 08:47 AM
If that's the only Nique in the game, then I rather have him with his patented box haircut as that's what he was most known for.
 
# 10 2kballa4life @ 09/18/11 09:09 AM
Looks good. However, still don't like the tough guy pose by the the center...can that be changed through some kind of presentation patch later on?

Also, after watching vids of McHale in the post game thread, he should have his own body type. Guy had wide boney shoulders and he doesn't in the above pic. Ainge hair looks weird as well.

I think since these pics refer to the lengend mode every single guy should be respected in every aspect of their signature style as much as possible. From hairstyle, body type, etc. Bird looks good, but McHale was just as important to the Celtics of that era as Bird was, imo.
 
# 11 MotorTown354 @ 09/18/11 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kballa4life
Looks good. However, still don't like the tough guy pose by the the center...can that be changed through some kind of presentation patch later on?

Also, after watching vids of McHale in the post game thread, he should have his own body type. Guy had wide boney shoulders and he doesn't in the above pic. Ainge hair looks weird as well.

I think since these pics refer to the lengend mode every single guy should be respected in every aspect of their signature style as much as possible. From hairstyle, body type, etc. Bird looks good, but McHale was just as important to the Celtics of that era as Bird was, imo.
And if wingspan was/is in the game it would be perfect for a player like McHale.
 
# 12 CelticPride101 @ 09/18/11 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBadazz
And should only be able to dibble with his right hand. He had no dribble skills.
true... he was fast enough and had great footwork to compensate it though, and we all know the ultimate part of his game... I saw him make amazing layups but I swear he almost always went for dunk, even when he didn't need to
 
# 13 Rasco11 @ 09/18/11 12:44 PM
I like how Ainge and McHale are trying to look all hard in their poses. Kind of goofy. Natural poses for these starting lineup screens would have been much more appropriate in my opinion.
 
# 14 CelticPride101 @ 09/18/11 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I wonder if its to late to change his hairstyle...


great game
 
# 15 kyball @ 09/18/11 08:37 PM
man, i hate how they keep putting the sf in the middle like they're the star of the team...wait a second
 
# 16 jmarcguy @ 10/01/11 08:00 AM
I'll definitely use the Hawks some. Used to watch their games on TBS all the time. They had a legit chance to win the title in Nique's last yr there! Shouldn't have traded him. That's my favorite version of the team. They had Stacy Augman & Mookie Blaylock & Willis had become a force then.
 
# 17 youvalss @ 10/01/11 11:32 AM
Wow, that Celtcics-Hawks video was awesome! I'll be sure to give these both teams a try...
 
# 18 mkharsh33 @ 10/01/11 01:42 PM
I bet Robert Parish has never once crossed his arms and made that gesture/pose in his entire life...
 
# 19 youvalss @ 10/01/11 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
I bet Robert Parish has never once crossed his arms and made that gesture/pose in his entire life...
Probably. It's more of a Mr. T meeting "Whatcha talking about, Willis?" kind of pose.
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.