Home
Madden 12 News Post


ESPN The Gamer has posted the Madden NFL 12 player ratings for the Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Vikings.

Are there any changes you would like to see, or are they just about right?

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 43 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 DeuceDouglas @ 08/18/11 05:51 AM
Man they did Grant dirty for getting injured. An 82? I would bump him up a couple points. I'm a little hesitant to believe that Clay Matthews is one of the Packers top coverage linebackers.
 
# 2 oneamongthefence @ 08/18/11 06:31 AM
Wow. Rodgers got a nice bump in speed. He really is the most dangerous qb in the game. Also glad to see AJ Hawk get a bump.
 
# 3 authentic @ 08/18/11 07:05 AM
Vikings LB Erin Henderson got NO love. I think he was like a 62 overall and rookie LB Ross Homan is a 63. This deserves a slight increase. I can live with him not being good, 68-72 range maybe, but having him ranked lower than a rookie 7th round pick? C'mon man!
 
# 4 more cowbell @ 08/18/11 07:57 AM
per the usual, green bay is relatively slow! i was a bit surprised to see randall cobb and alex green with slower speed ratings.
 
# 5 DCEBB2001 @ 08/18/11 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by more cowbell
per the usual, green bay is relatively slow! i was a bit surprised to see randall cobb and alex green with slower speed ratings.
Very surprised with some of these ratings.

Lots of guys are WAY off in speed especially. Starks, Finley, Swain, Matthews, Zombo, and Tramon are WAY too fast...and I'm a Packers fan!

Driver was hurt all year so I think he got robbed in just about every category. And apparently the ratings czar missed this play because that didn't look like a guy worthy of some of those crappy ratings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgcfJ8rbuHw

I must say that I am not disappointed with how much love my Pack got, but am very, very disappointed with how accurate these ratings are.

Go ahead and compare them to mine if you like:

http://www.fbgratings.com/members/vi...ovr&order=DESC
 
# 6 Reptar @ 08/18/11 09:52 AM
Jermichael Finley WAY too high.
 
# 7 PackerBacker123 @ 08/18/11 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptar
Jermichael Finley WAY too high.
Um.... are you kidding me. The only reason people think he is not that good is because he got injuried last season.
 
# 8 Reptar @ 08/18/11 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerBacker123
Um.... are you kidding me. The only reason people think he is not that good is because he got injuried last season.
Vernon Davis had as many TD's last year as Finley has in his career with ALEX SMITH and TROY SMITH.Vernon is rated 91...
 
# 9 PackerBacker123 @ 08/18/11 11:02 AM
OVERRATED Barrnet, Colledge, and Quin Johnson.
UNDERRATED Starks, Shields, Zombo, Mcdonald, Masthay, and Neal.
JUST RIGHT Sitton, Bishop, Bulaga, Hawk, and Flynn.
 
# 10 schnaidt1 @ 08/18/11 11:02 AM
so mastay ( sp) should be higher, he punted well all year.
on nfl.com crosby is 1. fantasy kicker. so his rating should be higher.

tho they arent packers anymore. barnett an jenkins should each be about 5 points lower.
i feel like sam shields got robbed. he madr some incredible play last year. watch by mid season he will be ranked in the low 80's.

finley is too high simply from being hurt. should be around 86.
with in season progression in franchise. he'll be up to 90 again soon enough

other than some speed and accel issues also. these are all right
 
# 11 PackerBacker123 @ 08/18/11 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
so mastay ( sp) should be higher, he punted well all year.
on nfl.com crosby is 1. fantasy kicker. so his rating should be higher.

tho they arent packers anymore. barnett an jenkins should each be about 5 points lower.
i feel like sam shields got robbed. he madr some incredible play last year. watch by mid season he will be ranked in the low 80's.

finley is too high simply from being hurt. should be around 86.
with in season progression in franchise. he'll be up to 90 again soon enough

other than some speed and accel issues also. these are all right
I pretty much agree with you on everything here.
 
# 12 aceoye @ 08/18/11 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Man they did Grant dirty for getting injured. An 82? I would bump him up a couple points. I'm a little hesitant to believe that Clay Matthews is one of the Packers top coverage linebackers.
lol I know right dont make any sense..I guess somehow they didnt want starks up there in the 80s since hes good and putting grant to an 82 makes it seem like starks is close to him without them both having mid-low 80s ratings..oh well and how did the give cobb that speed...thats off
 
# 13 DeuceDouglas @ 08/18/11 11:07 AM
I gotta agree with Finley being too high. There are other TE out there who put up better season's than Finley's from two years ago. Cooley 87. Watson 83. Pettigrew 81. Miller 89. And you could argue that three of those guys didn't have the supporting cast and pass heavy offense that Finley was involved with.
 
# 14 aceoye @ 08/18/11 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
so mastay ( sp) should be higher, he punted well all year.
on nfl.com crosby is 1. fantasy kicker. so his rating should be higher.

tho they arent packers anymore. barnett an jenkins should each be about 5 points lower.
i feel like sam shields got robbed. he madr some incredible play last year. watch by mid season he will be ranked in the low 80's.

finley is too high simply from being hurt. should be around 86.
with in season progression in franchise. he'll be up to 90 again soon enough

other than some speed and accel issues also. these are all right
Yea there are unproven rookie cb's rated higher than sam shields.
 
# 15 raggBAGG @ 08/18/11 11:18 AM
I gotta say I think the Packs linebacks need a bump. There is a reason they let Barnett walk and they are believed to have a fairly deep linebacker core. It looks as though one of their linebackers starting might be in the 60s? That makes no sense.
 
# 16 genghisfrog @ 08/18/11 11:44 AM
Shields a 75? LOL. Time to fire Donny.
 
# 17 roadman @ 08/18/11 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raggBAGG
I gotta say I think the Packs linebacks need a bump. There is a reason they let Barnett walk and they are believed to have a fairly deep linebacker core. It looks as though one of their linebackers starting might be in the 60s? That makes no sense.
Chillar?

He's not with the team anymore, he was cut.
 
# 18 PackerBacker123 @ 08/18/11 12:07 PM
cobb at a 89 for speed! come on!!!
 
# 19 Kohlstar20 @ 08/18/11 01:04 PM
I don't think Finley is rated too high. Sure he was injured last year and there are other TE's that had a better season in 2009 but most of you are forgetting that he is regarded as one of the best young TE's in the league and there is a very strong possibility that he will be the best TE in football this season. He is a tight end with the speed and play-making ability of an elite wide receiver and his rating in Madden 12 reflects that.
 
# 20 schnaidt1 @ 08/18/11 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceoye
Yea there are unproven rookie cb's rated higher than sam shields.
right? he had an amazing pick against the cowboys and 2 in the nfc championship game...what more does the kid gotta do to get some respect??
 

« Previous12345678Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.