Home
Madden 12 News Post


ESPN The Gamer has posted the Madden NFL 12 player ratings for the Seattle Seahawks and St. Louis Rams.

Are there any changes you would like to see, or are they just about right?

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 43 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 xpmar9x @ 08/16/11 06:46 AM
Hmm who to play with (as a Titans fan):

Hass vs Locker
84 - 74 overall
67 - 83 speed
62 - 87 acceleration
88 - 95 throw power
87 - 75 short acc
79 - 77 med acc
71 - 83 deep acc
90 - 90 play action
68 - 90 throw on run

I chose Locker.

___________________

Rams are my 2nd fav team (my hometown team), and my fav NFC team. I'm a diehard Titans fan, but always root for the Rams also. They look solid, especially when you add Dahl, SimsWalker, LBs/DT they added. Should be a solid team this year!
 
# 2 feeq14 @ 08/16/11 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpmar9x
Hmm who to play with (as a Titans fan):

Hass vs Locker
84 - 74 overall
67 - 83 speed
62 - 87 acceleration
88 - 95 throw power
87 - 75 short acc
79 - 77 med acc
71 - 83 deep acc
90 - 90 play action
68 - 90 throw on run

I chose Locker.

___________________

Rams are my 2nd fav team (my hometown team), and my fav NFC team. I'm a diehard Titans fan, but always root for the Rams also. They look solid, especially when you add Dahl, SimsWalker, LBs/DT they added. Should be a solid team this year!
That 83 speed is a bit out of pocket, it seems like they forgot that whole "stretch ratings" thing with QB speed this year.
 
# 3 therockstar2005 @ 08/16/11 09:18 AM
Still don't think the Rams got enough love, but again I'm also probably a homer. I hope adding the new linebackers and DTs to the mix helps that defense look a bit better. At least we can edit players in Franchise, might give Amendola a slight bump, he gets no love at all.
 
# 4 xpmar9x @ 08/16/11 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
That 83 speed is a bit out of pocket, it seems like they forgot that whole "stretch ratings" thing with QB speed this year.
He ran a 4.5 40, I'd say that's 83 speed? Maybe a tad high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by therockstar2005
Still don't think the Rams got enough love, but again I'm also probably a homer. I hope adding the new linebackers and DTs to the mix helps that defense look a bit better. At least we can edit players in Franchise, might give Amendola a slight bump, he gets no love at all.
Amendola looks solid, he finally got an acc/agl boost.

75 overall, 85 speed, 94 acc, 93 agl, 88 cat, 83 route, 82 CIT

That's not bad for a slot WR. He ran a 4.58 40 at his combine, I know 40 times mean nothing when it comes to field speed. But he's not super fast at top speed; just good at cuts and taking off.
 
# 5 therockstar2005 @ 08/16/11 09:33 AM
Right, the more I look at it, it's not that bad. I think it's more the state of the Rams receivers than anything else. It should be a good team for my franchise...kind of tough, but a lot of potential.
 
# 6 xpmar9x @ 08/16/11 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therockstar2005
Right, the more I look at it, it's not that bad. I think it's more the state of the Rams receivers than anything else. It should be a good team for my franchise...kind of tough, but a lot of potential.
Dont forget to add in:

Q Mikell - 88 overall
Mike Sims-Walker - 80 overall
Daniel Muir - 75 overall
Zac Diles - 70 overall
Cadillac Williams - (should be 75ish)
Jerious Norwood - (should be 70ish)
Ben Leber - (should be 75ish)
Brady Poppinga - (should be 70ish)
Fred Robbins - (should be 75-80)
Justin Bannan - (should be 75-80)
Harvey Dahl - (should be 90+)

you add in those 11 players and you have a solid roster.
 
# 7 tap11 @ 08/16/11 12:41 PM
I don't get some of these QB ratings. Alex Smith (who is fairly rated) had a QB rating of 82.1 last season and has a Madden rating of 75. Meanwhile Sam Bradford (who will be very good) had a QB rating of 76.5 and scores a Madden rating of 85, why? Worst of all, Matt Hasselbeck finished with a 73.2, but comes away with an 84 rating.

P.S. Kevin Kolb also is far too high at 84.
 
# 8 PolkHigh33 @ 08/16/11 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tap11
I don't get some of these QB ratings. Alex Smith (who is fairly rated) had a QB rating of 82.1 last season and has a Madden rating of 75. Meanwhile Sam Bradford (who will be very good) had a QB rating of 76.5 and scores a Madden rating of 85, why? Worst of all, Matt Hasselbeck finished with a 73.2, but comes away with an 84 rating.

P.S. Kevin Kolb also is far too high at 84.
Alex Smith only played like half the year because they were switching QB's every game .. Alex Smith cannot run an offense, or play QB .. FACT ..
 
# 9 tap11 @ 08/16/11 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkHigh33
Alex Smith only played like half the year because they were switching QB's every game .. Alex Smith cannot run an offense, or play QB .. FACT ..
FACT: My point is not about Smith, who I noted was fairly rated, but about these other QB's who are at least 10 points too high except perhaps Bradford who is about five points too high.
 
# 10 Deelron @ 08/16/11 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tap11
FACT: My point is not about Smith, who I noted was fairly rated, but about these other QB's who are at least 10 points too high except perhaps Bradford who is about five points too high.
And that's something I'd agree with. While all of those quarterbacks are notably better than Smith to my eye, the actual results say otherwise. There is far to much overrating based on perception then actual results.
 
# 11 PolkHigh33 @ 08/16/11 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tap11
FACT: My point is not about Smith, who I noted was fairly rated, but about these other QB's who are at least 10 points too high except perhaps Bradford who is about five points too high.
I see your point .. but Bradford is still better in everything .. so being rated higher shouldn't be a surprise ..

Now I've noticed all OVR have gone back up to the inflated side of things .. a lot of really high rated guys .. but it's all subjective because you can change it ..

In reality Alex Smith is like a 60 .. with AWR of 20 ..
 
# 12 Quint75 @ 08/16/11 02:35 PM
For the Rams...
Underrated:
Roger Saffold (should be around 86 overall)
Josh Brown (around 88 overall)
Fred Robbins (around 85 overall)

Overrated:
Chris Long (around 87 overall)
 
# 13 angels eclipse7 @ 08/16/11 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpmar9x
Dont forget to add in:

Q Mikell - 88 overall
Mike Sims-Walker - 80 overall
Daniel Muir - 75 overall
Zac Diles - 70 overall
Cadillac Williams - (should be 75ish)
Jerious Norwood - (should be 70ish)
Ben Leber - (should be 75ish)
Brady Poppinga - (should be 70ish)
Fred Robbins - (should be 75-80)
Justin Bannan - (should be 75-80)
Harvey Dahl - (should be 90+)

you add in those 11 players and you have a solid roster.
I'm a huge Falcons fan and Harvey Dahl shouldn't be 90+. The guy is a nasty player (in a good way) but that is his best trait. He is still a great guard but will probably be around an 85.
 
# 14 Faizon @ 08/16/11 03:10 PM
Big jumps for Marshawn Lynch and Mike Williams, Seahawks gonna be fun to play with actual skill position players this year.

-Two big possession/spectacular catching WR's in Sidney Rice and Mike Williams
-Two speed little guys in Deon Butler and Golden Tate taking the slots
-Two pass catching TE's in Zach Miller and John Carlson
-Good depth at RB

Just need a QB, we'll get that in my franchise
 
# 15 seriousluboy83 @ 08/16/11 04:31 PM
sam bradford +1
james laurinatis -1
chris long -3
 
# 16 DeuceDouglas @ 08/16/11 06:13 PM
I honestly don't know how Bradford gets an 85. In the games I saw of him, it was ridiculous how many of his passes were thrown no more than ten (and mostly five) yards down the field. It seemed like whenever they got behind and were forced to go down the field Bradford had major issues.
 
# 17 PolkHigh33 @ 08/16/11 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I honestly don't know how Bradford gets an 85. In the games I saw of him, it was ridiculous how many of his passes were thrown no more than ten (and mostly five) yards down the field. It seemed like whenever they got behind and were forced to go down the field Bradford had major issues.
Brady has banked his career on the short passes ..
 
# 18 therockstar2005 @ 08/16/11 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I honestly don't know how Bradford gets an 85. In the games I saw of him, it was ridiculous how many of his passes were thrown no more than ten (and mostly five) yards down the field. It seemed like whenever they got behind and were forced to go down the field Bradford had major issues.
Yes, but a big part of that is related to the lack of speed, experience, talent, etc. in the Rams receiving corps. The only receiver with good speed busted his knee in preseason, and their best weapon was cut by that wide-receiver production factory: the Baltimore Ravens. By the end of the year, it was a miracle that Bradford had anyone to throw to that wasn't in the backfield, much less 15-20 yards downfield (see last game in Seattle: Bradford makes good throws downfield - receivers drop the ball). Bradford, despite the QB rating, did throw for a higher completion percentage than Peyton Manning did in his rookie year, if that even means anything (it's fun to look at if nothing else). I can buy that there's hype there, but I do think it's well deserved.
 
# 19 DeuceDouglas @ 08/16/11 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkHigh33
Brady has banked his career on the short passes ..
True. But Brady also throws a beautiful deep ball and threw it very often to Moss during his run between 07-09. Brady is also a good down field passer. With Bradford it feels like the Rams were running a college offense because Bradford wasn't capable of consistently throwing down field.
 
# 20 skinnybonez @ 08/16/11 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faizon
Big jumps for Marshawn Lynch and Mike Williams, Seahawks gonna be fun to play with actual skill position players this year.

-Two big possession/spectacular catching WR's in Sidney Rice and Mike Williams
-Two speed little guys in Deon Butler and Golden Tate taking the slots
-Two pass catching TE's in Zach Miller and John Carlson
-Good depth at RB

Just need a QB, we'll get that in my franchise
Josh Portis?
 

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.