Home
Madden 12 News Post


ESPN The Gamer has posted the Madden NFL 12 player ratings for the top 5 linebackers in the game.

James Harrison: 98
DeMarcus Ware: 98
Patrick Willis: 98
Jon Beason: 97
Clay Matthews: 95


Are there any changes you would like to see, or are they just about right?

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 43 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Smoke6 @ 08/02/11 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vide...more=fullstory

James Harrison: 98
DeMarcus Ware: 98
Patrick Willis: 98
Jon Beason: 97
Clay Matthews: 95

Are there any changes you would like to see, or are they just about right?
Only thing I would like to see change, is there "overall and other attributes" when people play them out of position. Playing MLB isnt the same as playing OLB or DE and vice versa, so skills should be handicapped based on this unless they are very familiar and good at playing those respective roles.

Other than that, Patrick Willis should be #1
 
# 2 FedExPope @ 08/02/11 04:59 PM
Beason a 97? He's very good but I don't know about being on that side of 95. I hope Ware has a lower consistency rating than Willis. Jury's out on Harrison too, a whopping one tackle in the super bowl.
 
# 3 LambertandHam @ 08/02/11 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
Beason a 97? He's very good but I don't know about being on that side of 95. I hope Ware has a lower consistency rating than Willis. Jury's out on Harrison too, a whopping one tackle in the super bowl.
Harrison gets mauled on almost every play, and hopefully his recent back surgeries won't slow him down too much. I'm a bigger fan of Woodley and Timmons.
 
# 4 Uncle Way @ 08/02/11 05:04 PM
Beat you to it....

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...nebackers.html


I guess it looks more official coming from your account.. Close mine?
 
# 5 PanthersFanboy @ 08/02/11 05:04 PM
They look good to me. There going to change during the season anyway.
 
# 6 Shroom @ 08/02/11 05:08 PM
I feel that players are rated way to high in this game. I mean looking at these ratings and for all of the other positions ratings it looks like a lot of people are going to be 90 or higher. In my opinion there should only be a few select players that are 95 and above.
 
# 7 Steve_OS @ 08/02/11 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Way
Beat you to it....

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...nebackers.html


I guess it looks more official coming from your account.. Close mine?
Sorry about that, didn't even see it.
 
# 8 Senator Palmer @ 08/02/11 05:37 PM
Posted this in the other thread, but I think they should separate these linebacker positions. It would go a long way to hinting at authenticity, it would be even better it they separated OLBs by 4-3/3-4 designations. Ware and Harrison are playing a completely different game than Willis and Beason.
 
# 9 at23steelers @ 08/02/11 05:48 PM
Willis 98 overall
Harrison 97 overall
Ware 97 overall
Beason 94 overall

Not sure why Beason is rated so high! Also, about Woodley, he better about a 2 star consistency, because he takes a lot of games off.
 
# 10 CJTHA1 @ 08/02/11 07:27 PM
They got it right in my opinion..Hopefully that got Woodley and Cameron Wake in the low to mid 90's cause both players are very good
 
# 11 KOTC Wayne @ 08/02/11 07:52 PM
Yes, do Beason deserve to be 97 Ovr, can someone elaborate on that?
 
# 12 gccosph @ 08/02/11 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
I hope Ware has a lower consistency rating than Willis.
I don't Watch San Fran because there never on TV in the northeast but Demarcus Ware's consistency rating should be tops amongst OLBs though. I will agree that he is not the most consistent and there are more reliable defensive players out there but leading the NFL 2 times in sacks shows consistency and I'm not sure what Patrick Willis has done? I know that might sound stupid to some of you and arouse anger but I can never get a San Fran game out here and if I do there not that entertaining to me. Thank you, and PRAY your O Line came to play this season if you play the Cowboys because D WARE should be all over the field and I know he wants the sack crown again this year!

Wheres Block shedding though?
 
# 13 abjsuperstar @ 08/02/11 08:53 PM
i think beason is rated to high, whats greenways rating gonna be you think? i say 90 or 91, h was 88 last yr and he had a great yr
 
# 14 kingcrf @ 08/02/11 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abjsuperstar
i think beason is rated to high, whats greenways rating gonna be you think? i say 90 or 91, h was 88 last yr and he had a great yr
beason is fine 91 for greenway he was fifth in tackles
 
# 15 abjsuperstar @ 08/03/11 11:39 AM
ya i was gonna say 91 sounds right, thanks for the response.
 
# 16 jaywill12345 @ 08/03/11 01:21 PM
Demarcus Ware should be #1 and where is Ray Lewis
 
# 17 Az2k12 @ 08/03/11 01:30 PM
^ I know Ray Lewis was like a 98 in '10. Hopefully he's like 93/94
 
# 18 FedExPope @ 08/04/11 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gccosph
I don't Watch San Fran because there never on TV in the northeast but Demarcus Ware's consistency rating should be tops amongst OLBs though. I will agree that he is not the most consistent and there are more reliable defensive players out there but leading the NFL 2 times in sacks shows consistency and I'm not sure what Patrick Willis has done? I know that might sound stupid to some of you and arouse anger but I can never get a San Fran game out here and if I do there not that entertaining to me. Thank you, and PRAY your O Line came to play this season if you play the Cowboys because D WARE should be all over the field and I know he wants the sack crown again this year!

Wheres Block shedding though?
Well first off Willis is a middle linebacker and so he gets in on a lot more plays. Now the LB positions are confusing and so stats aren't really a good way to compare two different LBs, and defensive schemes can be very different as well. But Ware sometimes disappears (see the 35-17 loss against Jax where he did nothing at all, not even an assisted tackle.) Willis has pretty much been the only guy on San Fran playing defense, lately its gotten slightly better. He's used to that though, since he played at Ole Miss and dominated.
 
# 19 BlackJackRabbit @ 08/04/11 11:32 AM
Honestly, I don't think Harrison, Clay or Ware should be on this list. Yeah, they're linebackers, but they're pass rushers. Inside backers, in the 3-4,and linebackers in the 4-3 are in a different category, in my opinion, than outside linebackers in the 3-4.

The players I compare Clay, Harrison, and Ware to, are players like T. Cole, Peppers and Freeney.
 
# 20 Evan_OS @ 08/07/11 07:25 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like this is the first time Ray Lewis was not in the Top 5 Linebackers in a long time.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.