Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post


Christian McLeod has confirmed the NCAA Football 12 roster glitch will be addressed in an upcoming patch. The fix for now? Are you ready for this? Delete your named roster file.

What are the problems you ask? Here are just a few comments from the OS community.

One of the NCAA Football 12 Software Engineer's posted this topic (roster related), in hopes to get some things resolved.

via skins5680
Quote:
When you edit the name of a scrambling QB it changes them to balanced and editing a balanced QB changes them to scrambling. I noticed when i downloaded a roster with names that Denard Robinson was shown as a balanced QB so i went back to the default roster and he was back to a scrambler. So i played a game with the named roster and he attempted zero scrambles. I then played a game with the default roster and he scrambled five times in the first two drives.

via Gotmadskillzson
Quote:
I seen this last week when I downloaded Fairdale Kings rosters for the 360. It just isn't the QBs tendancy that changes, it is also the pass rusher, coverage guys, hard hitters.

Everybody tendancy description changes......

I noticed it also effected the Kick off and punt returns for the CPU. And effected the punt blocking the user. With no names, I was able to return punts back for a TD sometimes with a good enough returner.

With names, the gunners get down the field super fast like they did in NCAA 11.

With out names, the CPU was able to return punts and kick offs back for TDs on me. With names, their blocking is non existent and the cpu have a hard time making it to the 30 yard line on kick offs and on Punt returns they get 3 yards now, my gunners get down the field so fast now I be right on top of them as soon as they catch the ball.

So as it stands, no names seem to give the better game play.

Being that other players tendancies have changed, I noticed some things.

1. LBs get a lot of tips and INTs on named rosters, even when they aren't in position to do so.

2. Safeties who suppose to be heavy hitters, turn into coverage guys and Intercept passes they normally wouldn't.

3. WRs get off the line quicker on named rosters and they hit stick tackle people on Ints. I had intercepted a pass and a WR hit sticked me.

4. Thomas with his new found strength is now more likely to keep the ball on read option plays. More like 90% of the time now. This was the same way in NCAA 11 when you made a QB's strength too high.

5. DEs don't generate a pass rush on named rosters like they do on non named rosters.

Now I am REALLY glad I didn't delete the default roster. I will have that to play until they fixed the name rosters issue.

Way too many players to edit get them back to what they suppose to be tendancy wise. Which is another thing, with the work around even though they back to their correct tendancy, their ratings will be out of whack.

Good players will be made weaker, weaker bad players will be made stronger.

via buckeye02
Quote:
Same issue with no patch.

Also messed around, it changes the tendency for every single player. Im thinking that the rosters will have to be named again if this is patched.

How can they patch it to go in reverse and correct tendencies on already named rosters?

Looks like a more realistic patch is a fix to keep it from changing for future named rosters.

via Bumble14
Quote:
Just received confirmation that this issue is being looked into heavily by the guys at EA. Be patient--there is a sizable amount of testing with different design divisions to identify the issue and look into a possible fix.

It would be helpful if you can please put together a chart showing the following for all positions affected by this issue. I would then like to provide this information to EA. This would also help with making community edits if necessary. Thanks.

Position:
Default Tendency:
New Tendency:
Result:

via BaylorBearBryant
Quote:
Well, so far...

Position: Quarterback
Default Tendency: Scrambler
New Tendency: Balanced
Result: Default scrambling quarterbacks hardly scramble at all.

Position: Quarterback
Default Tendency: Balanced
New Tendency: Scrambler
Result: Default balanced quarterbacks scramble all the time.

Position: Running back
Default Tendency: Speed
New Tendency: Balanced
Result: Default speed backs act as balanced backs. They'll attempt power moves too often.

Position: Running back
Default Tendency: Balanced
New Tendency: Speed
Result: Default balanced backs act as speed backs. They'll never attempt power moves.

If you want to read more about the ongoing NCAA Football 12 roster glitch, simply read the replies to this topic.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 100 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 patsfan1993 @ 07/20/11 03:02 PM
Did you check to see what roster edits were made? My guess is he was edited to be a balanced qb to better fit in Hoke's new offense.
 
# 2 Gotmadskillzson @ 07/20/11 03:03 PM
I seen this last week when I downloaded Fairdale Kings rosters for the 360. It just isn't the QBs tendancy that changes, it is also the pass rusher, coverage guys, hard hitters.

Everybody tendancy description changes......
 
# 3 Gotmadskillzson @ 07/20/11 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan1993
Did you check to see what roster edits were made? My guess is he was edited to be a balanced qb to better fit in Hoke's new offense.
NO

On default rosters he is listed as scrambler. And Fairdale King didn't edit anybody ratings and it still changed his player style description. I even took a picture of it and put it in the bugs thread last week.
 
# 4 patsfan1993 @ 07/20/11 03:05 PM
Really? That's weird.
 
# 5 northface28 @ 07/20/11 03:15 PM
Are you serious? This is out of control.
 
# 6 Gotmadskillzson @ 07/20/11 03:17 PM
Very serious......

Play against the cpu with default rosters, then play against them with named rosters. Game play is different.
 
# 7 dochalladay32 @ 07/20/11 03:17 PM
Yea, Denard Robinson is balanced on buckeye and gator's. Don't know if they touched his ratings, but his acc. is a 99 so he's got the abilities of a scrambler still it seems. If you go to edit player, it even marks tendency as a scrambler. But when you leave, it says balanced. Pretty sure he's still going to run. Something else to test I guess.
 
# 8 Gotmadskillzson @ 07/20/11 03:23 PM
He doesn't run nearly as much as he did with the default non named rosters. He isn't the only one, all the scramblers are that way with named rosters and the balanced QB don't run at all.

Some thing is wrong with NCAA 12 database tables. Stuff shouldn't be effected just because you named the players. But it definitely seemed to have effect the game play AI.
 
# 9 northface28 @ 07/20/11 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
He doesn't run nearly as much as he did with the default non named rosters. He isn't the only one, all the scramblers are that way with named rosters and the balanced QB don't run at all.

Some thing is wrong with NCAA 12 database tables. Stuff shouldn't be effected just because you named the players. But it definitely seemed to have effect the game play AI.
Here I am itching to get off work and I play and I see this. This saps any desire to play now, I could always play without names, but this "either/or" gamestyle is very disheartening.
 
# 10 ezio @ 07/20/11 04:03 PM
I looked at Gator's and Gaming tailgates and he was balanced on both. Even though as others said if you look at the tendency it says scambler. I guess I may be plaiyng without names. I wonder what else it affects?
 
# 11 Gotmadskillzson @ 07/20/11 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
I looked at Gator's and Gaming tailgates and he was balanced on both. Even though as others said if you look at the tendency it says scambler. I guess I may be plaiyng without names. I wonder what else it affects?
I noticed it also effected the Kick off and punt returns for the CPU. And effected the punt blocking the user. With no names, I was able to return punts back for a TD sometimes with a good enough returner.

With names, the gunners get down the field super fast like they did in NCAA 11.

With out names, the CPU was able to return punts and kick offs back for TDs on me. With names, their blocking is non existent and the cpu have a hard time making it to the 30 yard line on kick offs and on Punt returns they get 3 yards now, my gunners get down the field so fast now I be right on top of them as soon as they catch the ball.

So as it stands, no names seem to give the better game play.
 
# 12 northface28 @ 07/20/11 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I noticed it also effected the Kick off and punt returns for the CPU. And effected the punt blocking the user. With no names, I was able to return punts back for a TD sometimes with a good enough returner.

With names, the gunners get down the field super fast like they did in NCAA 11.

With out names, the CPU was able to return punts and kick offs back for TDs on me. With names, their blocking is non existent and the cpu have a hard time making it to the 30 yard line on kick offs and on Punt returns they get 3 yards now, my gunners get down the field so fast now I be right on top of them as soon as they catch the ball.

So as it stands, no names seem to give the better game play.
God, I hate to say it, but that constitutes a broken game. Man, this is incredibly disappointing.
 
# 13 BA2929 @ 07/20/11 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by northface28
God, I hate to say it, but that constitutes a broken game. Man, this is incredibly disappointing.
Whoa, whoa, whoa...calm down. I'm not seeing as big of a difference as others. I still see QBs scramble, I still see the CPU returning kicks deep down-field. I'm using named rosters from the OS community. Just because a handful of people are seeing something doesn't mean the game is broken.

Just last night a CPU QB from Missouri ran for 80 yards against me on scrambles.
 
# 14 Gotmadskillzson @ 07/20/11 04:51 PM
That's like saying just because your console didn't freeze, then there is only a handful of consoles froze with the game. Which is far from the case since there is an EA engineer on this board now just for that problem alone. So it ismore then just a handful of people.

Is the game broken ? No

Is there a big difference between how the cpu AI plays with named rosters and non named rosters ? YES

I mean the OP wasn't the 1st person to bring this up. This been brought up on various websites for the past week now. It is an issue.

Game killer ? No

But it is an issue.
 
# 15 BA2929 @ 07/20/11 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
That's like saying just because your console didn't freeze, then there is only a handful of consoles froze with the game. Which is far from the case since there is an EA engineer on this board now just for that problem alone. So it ismore then just a handful of people.

Is the game broken ? No

Is there a big difference between how the cpu AI plays with named rosters and non named rosters ? YES

I mean the OP wasn't the 1st person to bring this up. This been brought up on various websites for the past week now. It is an issue.

Game killer ? No

But it is an issue.
It's not like that at all. Personally, I don't think this is as big of a deal as others. The game plays fine to me and I wouldn't even notice this problem if someone didn't point it out. Which means the game isn't "broken", which is what I was trying to get across. The person I was replying to was acting like the world was coming to an end. I was attempting to reassure them that the game still plays great and there's no need for chicken little to make an appearance.

Is it an issue? Yea, it probably is for some people and it should be corrected, but the game isn't "broken" and it's far from it. That is what I poorly tried to get across in my previous post.

Sorry if you took it like I was saying you were wrong. I didn't mean that at all.
 
# 16 Gotmadskillzson @ 07/20/11 05:07 PM
No harm no foul.......I guess it is because I have played against the cpu in so many games now with and without names I can notice quicker then your average person.

Since so far I have played 20 games with names, and 20 games without names. I can clearly see the difference in behaviour.
 
# 17 northface28 @ 07/20/11 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
It's not like that at all. Personally, I don't think this is as big of a deal as others. The game plays fine to me and I wouldn't even notice this problem if someone didn't point it out. Which means the game isn't "broken", which is what I was trying to get across. The person I was replying to was acting like the world was coming to an end. I was attempting to reassure them that the game still plays great and there's no need for chicken little to make an appearance.

Is it an issue? Yea, it probably is for some people and it should be corrected, but the game isn't "broken" and it's far from it. That is what I poorly tried to get across in my previous post.

Sorry if you took it like I was saying you were wrong. I didn't mean that at all.
Yes, it was I who needed to be talked off the edge. I really like how the game plays without names, so with names and seemingly changed gameplay, is it broken? Prob not, poor choice of words on my part, but this is a huge issue if gameplay has changed drastically. Hopefully its something cosmetic.
 
# 18 BA2929 @ 07/20/11 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by northface28
Yes, it was I who needed to be talked off the edge. I really like how the game plays without names, so with names and seemingly changed gameplay, is it broken? Prob not, poor choice of words on my part, but this is a huge issue if gameplay has changed drastically. Hopefully its something cosmetic.
I agree it does need to be addressed. The game shouldn't be playing differently with/without names.
 
# 19 northface28 @ 07/20/11 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
No harm no foul.......I guess it is because I have played against the cpu in so many games now with and without names I can notice quicker then your average person.

Since so far I have played 20 games with names, and 20 games without names. I can clearly see the difference in behaviour.
How different is behavior? Other than special teams.
 
# 20 LionsFanNJ @ 07/20/11 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by northface28
How different is behavior? Other than special teams.
Denard Robinson won't scramble if you name him just one example
 

« Previous1234567895758Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.