Home
Madden 12 News Post


Donny Moore recently announced four players in Madden NFL 12 rated at 99. Are they overrated? Who do you feel should be rated this high?

Quote:
It's official...The Four Highest Rated Players in Madden NFL 12 are Tom Brady, Troy Polamalu, Antonio Gates, & Darrelle Revis all at 99 OVR

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 43 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ssryry29 @ 07/18/11 05:41 PM
Brady is overrated in my opinion. I might be saying that because I HATE the Patriots. Also, Revis was hurt half the season last year. Why is he 99? I could also be saying this because I HATE the Jets too. I am a Giants fan so this could be why I am saying this...
 
# 2 Chrisksaint @ 07/18/11 05:44 PM
Brady is fine considering he was the mvp last year and imo the best QB in the league right now. The other 3 I don't buy at 99's but hey that's just nitpicking at this point cause if not they are easily a 97 or what not
 
# 3 mestevo @ 07/18/11 05:45 PM
I guess with DPP it doesn't matter as much, but also because of it I don't think anyone should be able to be rated 99. Leaves little/no room for overachieving. Ratings are always relative to the season and the players who participated, but I think the standard should be that the very best players are ~90, leaving room for people to streak and excel if OVR is intended to be a general indicator of a player's ability at any given time.

Gates is good, but wouldn't have expected any TE to be 99. Also wouldn't have expected Polamalu at 99 after his dismal playoff run.
 
# 4 BurghFan @ 07/18/11 05:45 PM
Awesome, a Steeler and a former Pitt Panther. I don't really think any of them are overrated. They are all among the best at their respective positions. I think nitpicking over ratings becomes somewhat irrelevant once you get over 95 anyways.
 
# 5 mestevo @ 07/18/11 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by R0M0mentum09
Ware is snubbed again. Witten is somehow lower than Gates? (to anyone not in the know click the link)

http://tiny.cc/WittenVsGates
Witten is probably pretty highly rated, but I think your link makes a case that Gates was better, just didn't play a full season. It took 6 more games for Witten to be just 218 yards and 7 first downs better, and despite that Gates still had more TDs and more receptions for 20+ yards.

In the end if Witten was relied on as much as Gates was, I'd agree with you. He's not, so Gates is better, on paper and on the field.
 
# 6 Senator Palmer @ 07/18/11 05:52 PM
They're all overrated -- Gates, especially, until he becomes a complete TE and blocks, shouldn't be close to 99. Although, I'm not too concerned that there are only 4 99s, it's that there are probably dozens more 98s and 97s.

What happened to the shift to lower overall ratings we were supposed to get a few years ago? I mean, really, how many perfect players has the NFL ever seen?
 
# 7 GrandMaster B @ 07/18/11 05:55 PM
Brady? Who won the Superbowl? Rodgers should be a 99.
 
# 8 robbiedizzle @ 07/18/11 06:04 PM
Nnamdi -

8 catches
30 attempts
137 yards
0 TDs


Revis -

28 catches
57 attempts
350 yards
4 TDs



revis and not Nnamdi is a joke! Must be caught up in the media hype of "revis Island" instead of actually paying attention.
 
# 9 da ThRONe @ 07/18/11 06:04 PM
I don't like them to rate players so high. I think the only person with the resume to be that high is Brady and I would like to see him at a 96.
 
# 10 da ThRONe @ 07/18/11 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiedizzle
Nnamdi -

8 catches
30 attempts
137 yards
0 TDs


Revis -

28 catches
57 attempts
350 yards
4 TDs



revis and not Nnamdi is a joke! Must be caught up in the media hype of "revis Island" instead of actually paying attention.
Revis lined up against most the top WR's. He cover the left, right and slot and did it missing all off season workouts and with a bad hamstring.
 
# 11 mestevo @ 07/18/11 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by R0M0mentum09
Donny rates by TD's Witten's 90 catch rating is a joke! Vernon Davis has even said Witten has the best hands of any WR/TE in the entire league. Witten is also the only TE with a shot at Tony Gonzalez all time TE catch record.

At the end of the day Donny obsesses over athletic TE's (see Jermichael FInley's premature rise and the fact that Vernon Davis is still in the high 90's along with Gates being a 99) he also seems to rate strictly on TD's?

This hurts a player like Witten whom in his system is blocking in the redzone. Donny disappoints yet again by giving Gates a 99 based purely off of speculation.
Gates is better than more than just TDs though, you're trying to minimize the difference between the two to make your argument and it's just not the case. They're both very good, but on paper Gates is better.
 
# 12 Deelron @ 07/18/11 06:17 PM
Guys who play in 10 out of 17 games in a season due to injury shouldn't be a 99 the next year, nor should a guy who has played 19 games over the past 2 seasons. Being on the field really should be accounted for in OVR by now.
 
# 13 robbiedizzle @ 07/18/11 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Revis lined up against most the top WR's. He cover the left, right and slot and did it missing all off season workouts and with a bad hamstring.
The way the Raiders play defense is why Nnamdi plays one side of the field. He also play 95% man to man. The Jets use ALOT of zone blitzes. So Revis gets blitz help and safety zone over the top help. In no way am I attempting to knock Revis...just saying Nnamdi is better if you break down the position.
 
# 14 Armor and Sword @ 07/18/11 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by R0M0mentum09
Donny rates by TD's Witten's 90 catch rating is a joke! Vernon Davis has even said Witten has the best hands of any WR/TE in the entire league. Witten is also the only TE with a shot at Tony Gonzalez all time TE catch record.

At the end of the day Donny obsesses over athletic TE's (see Jermichael FInley's premature rise and the fact that Vernon Davis is still in the high 90's along with Gates being a 99) he also seems to rate strictly on TD's?

This hurts a player like Witten whom in his system is blocking in the redzone. Donny disappoints yet again by giving Gates a 99 based purely off of speculation.
When you get the game, the first thing you need to do is edit Witten to a 99 and edit down Gates to whatever you want him to be.

Rosters are fully editable in franchise mode!!!

You are the master of your football universe!

What a concept.
 
# 15 HeavyHitter55 @ 07/18/11 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan
Awesome, a Steeler and a former Pitt Panther. I don't really think any of them are overrated. They are all among the best at their respective positions. I think nitpicking over ratings becomes somewhat irrelevant once you get over 95 anyways.
Well, if that's how you could argue it, then why aren't there 22 guys who are 99?

I see what you're saying about ratings over 95, but to have 4 guys be the absolute best throughout the league is a bit ridiculous IMO. I'd like to see ratings stretched out a bit more with less guys over 95 and more players in the 60s to 80s, because (IMO) great players make average players look good.
 
# 16 robbiedizzle @ 07/18/11 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMstyle
here's my rating scale.

best at position - 94-96 (Brady, AJ, Manning)
pro-bowl players 90-93 (Ray Lewis, 90)
elite (cusp of pro bowl) 87-88 (e.g. Wes Welker, 88)
Very Good 85-87 (3 years of consistent numbers e.g. Anquan Boldin, 87)
Good 80-84 (e.g. Hines Ward, 82)
average NFL starter 70-79 (Deion Branch, 71)
2nd string bench contributor - 60-69 (Tully Banta-Cain)
bench player/special teams standout 50-59 (e.g. Brandon Tate, 52)
end of roster/special teams player 40-49
1st rounders - 65-70
2nd rounders - 60-65
3rd rounders - 50-59
drafted after the 4th round - 40-49
rookie free agent - 30-39
I could agree to that scale.
 
# 17 Outkizast @ 07/18/11 06:34 PM
Revis a 99??? I can somewhat understand the other 3, but Revis is no 99. Can anyone say MEDIA HYPE?
 
# 18 Ronnie brown23 @ 07/18/11 06:34 PM
nnamdi isnt a 99 overall. wat a joke
 
# 19 24 @ 07/18/11 06:35 PM
I really felt that Aaron Rodgers should have been a 99 overall rating. I disagree with the Revis rating. he is certainly skilled enough but he missed alot of time last season.
 
# 20 scfootballfan @ 07/18/11 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMaster B
Brady? Who won the Superbowl? Rodgers should be a 99.
So Rodgers winning one compared to Brady's three and the fact he threw 4 picks all year makes them equal? Not to mention Rodgers has better personnel around him. Brady is top three QB's of all time, Rodgers isn't even the best Packer QB of all time.
 

« Previous12345678Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.