Home
Madden 12 News Post


Destructoid has posted their Madden NFL 12 preview.

Quote:
Whether due to the implantation of the new animation system or simple AI tweaking, there are other noticeable improvements over last year’s title. The secondary seems to play much better when in zone defense, replacing the ineffectual zone defense of Madden 11, and route running seems to have been cleaned up a bit. I also felt like my players were much more competent blockers, while, at the same time, screen plays seemed to be a much less cheap offensive tactic. I also spot-checked the game’s All-Madden difficulty setting by playing two quarters against the Pittsburgh Steelers and, while I was down 10-3 at halftime, All-Madden seems much more reasonable and less frustrating than in previous iterations. A game and half is nowhere near enough time to render judgment on balancing, particularly when there are hundreds of plays I left untouched, but my hands-on time left me fairly optimistic.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 43 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 at23steelers @ 07/09/11 04:41 PM
Another person mentioning new commentary is good to hear, and not just coming from the devs. Also, it will be nice in the future if like he said, online and offline franchise were using the same system. I could have sworn the online communities information is supposed to come on July 25th, not July 15th!
 
# 2 jpdavis82 @ 07/09/11 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
Another person mentioning new commentary is good to hear, and not just coming from the devs. Also, it will be nice in the future if like he said, online and offline franchise were using the same system. I could have sworn the online communities information is supposed to come on July 25th, not July 15th!
Yeah I know but in the gamespot stage demo Anthony Dimento was talking about next week too. I guess maybe they decided to tell us sooner.
 
# 3 jpdavis82 @ 07/09/11 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
Another person mentioning new commentary is good to hear, and not just coming from the devs. Also, it will be nice in the future if like he said, online and offline franchise were using the same system. I could have sworn the online communities information is supposed to come on July 25th, not July 15th!
I'm not bragging or saying that I made an impact on the new commentary, but for a few days after E3 I was complaining pretty harshly about commentary and how I didn't hear anything new and how they should talk during starting lineups to Phil Frazier and Mike Young on Twitter and then a few days later Mike Young tweeted me about they were going to work on what they could to improve the commentary and were adding lines to the starting lineups. I know it's just a coincidence but it's nice to feel like they actually cared about one fan's feedback.
 
# 4 oneamongthefence @ 07/09/11 08:45 PM
Sounds good especially the commentary.
 
# 5 Spanky @ 07/09/11 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I'm not bragging or saying that I made an impact on the new commentary, but for a few days after E3 I was complaining pretty harshly about commentary and how I didn't hear anything new and how they should talk during starting lineups to Phil Frazier and Mike Young on Twitter and then a few days later Mike Young tweeted me about they were going to work on what they could to improve the commentary and were adding lines to the starting lineups. I know it's just a coincidence but it's nice to feel like they actually cared about one fan's feedback.
Don't be modest. And don't be afraid to take a bow.

This Bud's for your, Mr. ComplainedAlotAboutTheCommentaryAndGotItChangederU pper.
 
# 6 jpdavis82 @ 07/10/11 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Don't be modest. And don't be afraid to take a bow.

This Bud's for your, Mr. ComplainedAlotAboutTheCommentaryAndGotItChangederU pper.
Thanks and I say the next thing we need to start complaining to them about is for them to implement footplanting and physics for Madden 13.
 
# 7 roadman @ 07/10/11 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Thanks and I say the next thing we need to start complaining to them about is for them to implement footplanting and physics for Madden 13.
Well, based on the article, a new physics engine is in the future. So, I don't think it's a situation where we snap our fingers and demand a new physics engine for 13, unless I'm surprised. In the future is up to anyone's interpretation.
 
# 8 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 07/10/11 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Thanks and I say the next thing we need to start complaining to them about is for them to implement footplanting and physics for Madden 13.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!! foot planting please
 
# 9 Elgin2311 @ 07/11/11 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Thanks and I say the next thing we need to start complaining to them about is for them to implement footplanting and physics for Madden 13.
Thats a great idea, maybe that is the solution to the problems with line play and man coverage
 
# 10 mjhyankees @ 07/11/11 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Don't be modest. And don't be afraid to take a bow.

This Bud's for your, Mr. ComplainedAlotAboutTheCommentaryAndGotItChangederU pper.

I'd say giving him a Bud would be unjust punishment. He needs a Sams or Brooklyn Pennant Ale or maybe a nice Belgium Ale.
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.